September 16, 2014 | 1205 users online

Blush - Stila - Poppy Convertible Color

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2009 11:51:00 PM More reviews by MissChocoholic

I absolutely love this product!! I love how this gives you natural, cherry-bitten lips and even better with gloss on top. It'll give you a sheer red, pouty look when applied sparingly. The key is to dab it on!! I took one lippie off because on the cheeks (IMO) it can be a bit too much. So for me, it's solely just a long-lasting lipbalm - but I do love the cute packaging and how it comes with a mirror. But for $25 a pop, I expected a bit more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2009 8:59:00 PM More reviews by sanpe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product!! I have to be careful not to use to much because it is easy to put on too much. I always set it with powder blush so i don't know what the staying power is but it last pretty much all day. Oh and i love this color on my lips. I apply lipgloss over it and I'm set for a few hours. I would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2009 4:16:00 PM More reviews by mabinogii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A must have. Reasonable price for the cutest mirrored compact of jsut all around really pigmented, versatile red color you can't go wrong with for dolly cheeks and lips, with a huge range of application techniques.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2009 10:10:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm always looking for a blush that will deliver that rosy, Jane Austen-heroine flush that I totally love. This is probably the best product to deliver that!! I love powder blushes, but I find that they look too unnatural over my foundation and powder. For PPP's, this is the most natural flush you're gonna get!! It gives you Victorian rosy cheeks. It looks so natural!! Plus, on lips it gives the prettiest just-bitten effect. It is really such a versatile product. My only complaint is that it can apply too strong when used over matte skin, since the color will really just stick. So I just take my finger, press gently into the color, and dab it lightly on my cheek. I try not to rub too hard or else it will just rub all my foundation off. But once you get hang of it, it works beautifully!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2008 4:48:00 PM More reviews by MavenMel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I already have a Convertible Color in Camelia which I love for a more neutral dewy cheek and wanted a blush that would give me more of a rosey cheek. Poppy is a very dark red in the pan and I would not have picked it up had it not been for reviews from other makeup divas with darker skintones. On my coffee and cream complexion, some blushes go orangey - most brick or brown ones do so I tend to avoid those. I was surprised to find that Camelia does not look orange on me and Poppy does not look shockingly bad. Poppy gives me the "I've just walked out in the snow" kind of flush. Applied with a light hand it just looks so pretty and fresh. It also makes a great lip stain too - just deepens my lip colour slightly. I really love Convertible Color as they don't make me break out, last pretty much all day, have a mirror for touch ups if needed. One lippie off because the price in Canada is really high ($31), but I will still repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2008 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Khanum

i got this for a sexy siren winter red lips look. i was inspired by dita von teese's look but find red lips too daring for me, so went looking for a versatile stain, that can be put to a variety of uses if i'm too much of a coward for red lips.
i fell in love with the packaging and it's overall dinkiness.
upon first use, i ended up using poppy on my eye crease instead, believe it or not, with gold shadow. it didn't crease or anything. i dab it on my lips as a stain every so often and love it as a blush too only on the apples on my cheeks, though i have to blend it with my moisturiser a little.
i'm in love with this product and its versatility and it's awesome to pull out of your evening clutch bag to show it off.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2008 2:05:00 AM More reviews by pdmum3

I really like this convertible colour, i love the look it gives. An "i've just been in from a walk in the cold" kindof healthy flush. I can't help using this one on my lips too. I do find i have to wear a gloss over it on my lips. (I use Stila lip glaze in strawberry). I've gotten compliments that i look "healthy" and "glowing" while wearing this. I do prefer this when my skin is pale, and normaly use a lighter blush for summer time. Over all its a great product, a unique/gorgeous colour and super cute packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2008 1:57:00 PM More reviews by megs85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OH MY GOSH!!! I love this product. The poppy color for my dark complexion is prefect. It gives me that prefect rosy glow. I was a little unsure because it looks super bright red in the compact, but onces its blended its gorgeous. It pretty expensive at $24 but its SO worth it. I defintely plan on getting the Rose convertible color. By the way the packaging is so pretty, way to got Stila!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2008 11:36:00 PM More reviews by esque

I have four CCs (Poppy, Peony, Gerbera and Forget-Me-Not) and found this the hardest to work and having a different consistency. Of course the fact that it is very, very red is possibly why it is hard to match and overdo. Should only use a smidge, and less than you would than the other Convertible Colours. It can look beautifully if done subtlely, but I'm very heavy handed.

It seems harder to get out of than the others - the consistency is harder and you have to swirl your finger around a bit to warm it up sufficiently so you can get enough.

As some reviewers said, this is the ultimate Snow White blush. Excellent with simple eyes and lips. Also works alright as a lipstick.

Colour goes on lighter than in the pan (darker red as opposed to your fire engine crimson). A very 30/40's shade of red.

Bit pricey, but with all the Stilla CC's it is worth it in terms of colour pay off, staying power and quality (this amount can take a while to finish!)

Casing is an adorable tin embossed with a flower motif that covers most of the front. The tin tries to match the shade inside and does so quite well. However I think there is a newer version silver version of the tins for all the CCs.

I wouldn't repurchase as there is a of it lot to keep me going for a while and the fact that it is a hard shade to match. However, great if you want a very crimson blush. Probably best as a blush rather than a lip colour, but works sufficiently. Can be quiet a staple if you like the flushed look and are good at application.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2008 5:33:00 AM More reviews by wordsandnumbers

I got this on a recommendation from the makeup board for a cheek color that makes you look like you just came in from the cold. This is spot on that color. It is truly red and does look scary in the package,but if you take care, you can get a "just in from the cold" look or you could, if you wish, get the look of a baby doll! I personally like it and love the compact. Anytime you get a mirror with a product these days, that's at least one lippie!