Stila Poppy Convertible Color

4.3

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Lanolin Oil, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'abeille, Microcrystalline Wax \Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcrystalline, Octyldodecanol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ozokerite, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isononyl Isononanoate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, BHT. /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Red 34 Lake (CI 15880), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985)

on 7/17/2009 7:41:00 PM

I like this product. Gives beautiful color to the cheeks and stays on pretty well. My qualm is the packaging; it's SO hard to open that I am deterred from actually using it. I think i've been able to use it like 3 times out of the 4 months of having it. When I go to open it sometimes, it doesn't budge & I get frustrated then move on to something else easier to open.

on 7/17/2009 3:47:00 PM

This is a really nice colour, and it's ridiculously pigmented. Actually I took one lippy off because it's too pigmented, making it very difficult to use as a blush. And I'm someone who loves a pink cheek, but you will literally look like a clown with this on. It would be nice if you just used a tiny dab of it, but it's a little bit thick and sticky, so a tiny bit doesn't blend that well.

Another lippy off because of the packaging. Although the compact is really cute, it's impracticle for what the product is. This should be in a chapstick-like tube so you can apply to your lips for that gorgeous bitten look without staining your fingers pink, which I can't stand!

I'm critical of this product, but the shade really is very good, and I'm sure would suit most complexions. If you don't mind pink stained fingers, I would recomend this because it is so beautiful on the lips.

I absolutely love this product!! I love how this gives you natural, cherry-bitten lips and even better with gloss on top. It'll give you a sheer red, pouty look when applied sparingly. The key is to dab it on!! I took one lippie off because on the cheeks (IMO) it can be a bit too much. So for me, it's solely just a long-lasting lipbalm - but I do love the cute packaging and how it comes with a mirror. But for $25 a pop, I expected a bit more.

on 5/27/2009 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product!! I have to be careful not to use to much because it is easy to put on too much. I always set it with powder blush so i don't know what the staying power is but it last pretty much all day. Oh and i love this color on my lips. I apply lipgloss over it and I'm set for a few hours. I would definitely buy again.

on 5/3/2009 4:16:00 PM

A must have. Reasonable price for the cutest mirrored compact of jsut all around really pigmented, versatile red color you can't go wrong with for dolly cheeks and lips, with a huge range of application techniques.

I'm always looking for a blush that will deliver that rosy, Jane Austen-heroine flush that I totally love. This is probably the best product to deliver that!! I love powder blushes, but I find that they look too unnatural over my foundation and powder. For PPP's, this is the most natural flush you're gonna get!! It gives you Victorian rosy cheeks. It looks so natural!! Plus, on lips it gives the prettiest just-bitten effect. It is really such a versatile product. My only complaint is that it can apply too strong when used over matte skin, since the color will really just stick. So I just take my finger, press gently into the color, and dab it lightly on my cheek. I try not to rub too hard or else it will just rub all my foundation off. But once you get hang of it, it works beautifully!!

on 11/7/2008 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I already have a Convertible Color in Camelia which I love for a more neutral dewy cheek and wanted a blush that would give me more of a rosey cheek. Poppy is a very dark red in the pan and I would not have picked it up had it not been for reviews from other makeup divas with darker skintones. On my coffee and cream complexion, some blushes go orangey - most brick or brown ones do so I tend to avoid those. I was surprised to find that Camelia does not look orange on me and Poppy does not look shockingly bad. Poppy gives me the "I've just walked out in the snow" kind of flush. Applied with a light hand it just looks so pretty and fresh. It also makes a great lip stain too - just deepens my lip colour slightly. I really love Convertible Color as they don't make me break out, last pretty much all day, have a mirror for touch ups if needed. One lippie off because the price in Canada is really high ($31), but I will still repurchase!

on 8/29/2008 8:57:00 PM

i got this for a sexy siren winter red lips look. i was inspired by dita von teese's look but find red lips too daring for me, so went looking for a versatile stain, that can be put to a variety of uses if i'm too much of a coward for red lips.
i fell in love with the packaging and it's overall dinkiness.
upon first use, i ended up using poppy on my eye crease instead, believe it or not, with gold shadow. it didn't crease or anything. i dab it on my lips as a stain every so often and love it as a blush too only on the apples on my cheeks, though i have to blend it with my moisturiser a little.
i'm in love with this product and its versatility and it's awesome to pull out of your evening clutch bag to show it off.

on 7/25/2008 2:05:00 AM

I really like this convertible colour, i love the look it gives. An "i've just been in from a walk in the cold" kindof healthy flush. I can't help using this one on my lips too. I do find i have to wear a gloss over it on my lips. (I use Stila lip glaze in strawberry). I've gotten compliments that i look "healthy" and "glowing" while wearing this. I do prefer this when my skin is pale, and normaly use a lighter blush for summer time. Over all its a great product, a unique/gorgeous colour and super cute packaging.

on 7/9/2008 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

OH MY GOSH!!! I love this product. The poppy color for my dark complexion is prefect. It gives me that prefect rosy glow. I was a little unsure because it looks super bright red in the compact, but once its blended its gorgeous. It pretty expensive at $24 but its SO worth it. I definitely plan on getting the Rose convertible color. By the way the packaging is so pretty, way to go Stila!!

Popular Blush Products