Lise Watier Base Miracle – Pore Minimizing Primer

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Polymethyl Silsesquioxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, C30-45 Alkyl Dimethicone.

There are undoubtedly many great makeup primers on the market today. Of the six makeup primers that I have used so far (Laura Geller, Lise Watier, Pόr Minerals, Shiseido, Skinn, and Smashbox), Lise Watier’s Base Miracle is my favourite for frequent use. Shiseido’s The Makeup Pre- Makeup Cream is my favourite when I am hurried. And for minimal-to-no-makeup days, Skinn's Orchid Day Gel Primer wins hands down. The other three I can do without and will not repurchase simply because my three favourites are exceptional for the use I make of them and the other three are not.

Lise Watier Base Miracle – Pore Minimizing Primer makes your skin look and feel miraculously smooth. And it does what every good makeup primer should do: minimize the appearance of pores (no primer makes your pores disappear); prep skin for makeup by smoothing its surface (exfoliating regularly will help a makeup primer do a better job); help makeup function better so less is needed (let the primer be absorbed for at least a few minutes before applying a minimal amount of foundation); and extend the wear of foundation by helping it adhere to the skin better (to finish, if needed, light-textured loose or pressed powder that contains no oil is best).

BASE MIRACLE’s non-greasy, lightweight, colourless formula reduces oil breakouts, allows skin to breathe while protecting it from pollution, provides a silky matte base for makeup application, and is packaged in a pretty, portable and hygienic tube. The thinnest possible layer is all that is needed and, seeing that it also lessens the amount of foundation needed, the 25 ml or .84 fl oz. you get for $27.50 (Canadian) is fairly economical. Number one in my book! continued >>

i love this , 100% better than smashbox.Apply then wait 5 minutes or so before doing your makeup for best results.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

This is a great product, controls oil, keeps makeup in place, really helps to minimize pores when foundation or powder over top. And no breakout whatsoever! yah!

Tube lasts a really long time as well.

I can't believe so many of you hate this. I love love love it. I have been using it for almost 5 years now, and have repurchased many times.

It is a fun texture that silks onto your skin when applying. It smooths out all my pores and my skin is smooth. My foundation goes on like a dream after.
Keeps me from being shiny on the nose. If I decide not to wear foundation, I always apply Base Miracle because it really does perfect my skin. A little tube goes a long way, cut the tip off when you think you are done, there is a lot more hidding inside.

For some reason, this product didn't work at all. Maybe it's my skin type (Combo, oily on T-Zone, dry cheeks), I don't know, but it was a waste of money. :-(

The consistency is a bit thick and once on the skin it leaves a silky but an odd waxy finish. I thought it would make my pores less noticeable and it would help to set my foundation or my concealer, but no. It didn't make a difference. My face doesn't look better.

continued >>

I recently bought this base, and was not particularly impressed. The package says it makes pores appear less noticeable, but I thought my skin looked exactly the same with it as it does without. It feels greasy when you first squirt it out of the tube, and then waxy once it's on your face. I also had trouble with it balling up when blending my foundation. One would think a base that's specifically designed to go under foundation would not do this, but it did. Perhaps I blend too much or used too much of the base (I have tried to adjust this however with the same results)...but in any case, it was pretty pricy, and made no noticeable difference.

I had heard rave reviews about this product, but it makes absolutely no difference to the appearance of my skin. I bought it because it is supposed to "set" your foundation and reduce the appearance of pores. My skin looks the same, my foundation still "melts" and my T-zone is even oilier than usual when I wear it. Overall disappointment.

I absolutely love Lise Watier products, especially her base creams. This base is the best makeup base I have ever used. So don't need that much so the little tube lasts as long as your foundation does. Very natural, gives you porcelain skin.

This is a foundation primer with a semi-opaque balm-like texture. It initially feels greasy to the touch, but quickly dries to form a silky matte base, not powdery-matte but subtly glowing, which minimises the appearance of pores and small wrinkles. Even if you don't put foundation on top, your skin immediately looks 10x better. And if you do wear foundation, this makes a wonderfully smooth base for application. It is neither oily nor drying, so suitable for any skin type (mine is combo), but you may need to use a mattifier or powder as well on oily areas. It hasn't caused me any breakouts or sensitivity reactions, and doesn't contain any of the usual trigger ingredients. This is a faultless product and has rapidly become an everyday staple for me.

Popular Primer/ Correctors