Victoria's Secret Basic Instinct

3.0

on 3/4/2006 5:55:00 PM

Dont care for this scent at all. To me it just stinks. I gave it 2 lippies because I like its packaging.

on 12/19/2005 8:32:00 PM

I love this perfume. I'm 20 and i was looking for a more mature scent. After i used a sample i fell in love with this, i didn't tell my boyfriend i put this on and he loved it so much he got me the shimer for xmas. So now i use both products, the shimer is not as strong as the perfume so its worth it if some one thinks the prfume is to heavy. i only use one pump each time i use it and i had it since feb. and its bearly gone.

on 11/6/2005 8:39:00 PM

I ordered Agent Provacteur at the recommendation of several people. AP stank to high heaven on my body; from the bottle it smelled just like Basic Instinct. Basic Instinct is a sexy scent. The lasting power is about 6 hours, but this is definitely sexy and not floral.

on 10/29/2005 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I love this perfume. It's alot deeper than the rest of VS perfumes. It has a nice musk scent and I do like the powdery dry down. It's doesn't smell old lady to me (I'm 21), it's sexy and seductive. It's a keeper.

on 10/17/2005 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I smelled a sample a long time ago, and thought it was strong yet somewhat pretty (deep down inside lol) well I recently tried it @ "Vicky's Secret" and it smells like patchouli which I hate, but if you like that note, then it might be for you. Pretty bottle.

on 10/10/2005 10:41:00 PM

WOW, this is such an "old lady" perfume! I was baffled as to who would actually buy this perfume. It literally gave me a migraine right away. Smells very musty and strong..maybe like patchouli? NO thanks!

on 9/7/2005 1:47:00 AM

Run far away from this scent. I did not buy it, but I get the catalog all the time and smelled it there. Like another reviewer said, even though I didn't buy it, it made such a bad impression on me I had to review it. Seriously, I couldn't wash it off fast enough. It is beyond belief horrible and strong. Who thought enough of this smell to put it on the shelves? Wretch-worthy.

on 9/1/2005 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I disagree with previous reviewer who says it doesn't sell. Not true, VS has expanded the Basic Instinct line to include body products. In fact, Gisele was promoting a drink of the same name (made w/ champagne, grape juice, peach schnappes, & grenadine) on the Fashion Police show. I doubt Basic Instinct will be discontinued any time soon. It has plum wine and is more sophisticated than their other fruity-floral offerings, although I wear those too. This one is mature, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

on 8/4/2005 2:15:00 PM

I don't actually own this perfume, thank goodness, but it made such a strong impression on me that I had to review it. I used to work for Victoria's Secret, and we NEVER sold any bottles of this stuff! To me, it smells like a combination of old lady and hooker. Most customers who came into the store agreed that this stuff stank. I hope they discontinue it.

on 7/19/2005 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Yuck...smells like old ladies. Too strong. Just yucky...what were you thinking Vicky?

Popular Fragrances