April 20, 2014 | 1705 users online

Blush - Scott Barnes - Chic Palette in Samba [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2005 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Jen79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the texture and quality of these blushes. The color I get when I mix all three together gives me a warm peachy glow that people just stare at. Still, when I tried to use each shade separately, I was just not as impressed with the results. The middle shade was so highly pigmented that it seemed that no matter what I did the color just made me look like a clown, and the contouring shade didn't do much because I already have pretty high cheekbones. However, I love the color that I get when I mix all three together so much so that this has become my favorite everyday blush.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2005 9:15:00 AM More reviews by sugarmagnolia15

The colors are gorgeous and the blushes are very high quality. I love the packaging and I think the price is reasonable for the amount you get. I hate to be the one to break the 100% buy again rating. I really wanted this to work for me. I kept it for months and tried several times but I think I have to give up. These colors are too pigmented for me, even with a skunk brush and intense blending. I tried using only one at a time and I tried the 3 blush contouring/highlighting method but I came out looking like a clown every time. Up for swap this goes. I am going to try Posh or Venus. Neutral/cool NW20.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2005 4:23:00 PM More reviews by xel_ha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What more can I say----beautiful.This is my first Scott Barnes purchase and what a delight.This goes on smooth and silky. At first, I thought this is not going to work on my olive skintone bec.the colors appears to be bright on the pan.So,I applied with a light hand and it gave me that natural flushed look with a glow.I have oily skin and this lasted on me the whole day.No breakouts!
    Nice packaging and price is reasonable bec.it comes with 3 blushes at 5 grams each.I will buy again if I ever finish this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2005 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Fhorn

This palette is to die for. It's gorgeous. I wanted to try it because of all the great reviews here, I got it on sale at QVC. I almost didn't want to like it so that I could justify sending it back because of the cost, but it's to pretty to return. This is what peachy pink blushes should look like. This gives you a Mandy Moore cheeks look.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2005 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Maria

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I finally bought the Samba chic palette. Let me tell you... this is one gorgeous palette!!! And, I thought Sundance was the best. It comes in three shades of bright coral peach. It gives me that tropical Island glow. It makes my skin fresh and summery. So hot for spring and summer but it's perfect to wear year round. I blend all three shades and put it on the apple of my cheeks. It looks great with Provacative lipslick and Sable and Lilly Illumineye eyeshadows. I'm a MAC NW30/C4, Stila E/40 watts, Laura Mercier Honey Beige. I think Samba looks great on all skintones. If you want to try Scott Barnes, get the Samba chic palette first. You won't regret it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2005 8:02:00 AM More reviews by Glowfan

This palette is wonderful.It looks so luxurious on the outside and has this gorgeous mirror inside.The 3 blushes are peachy pink ranging from darker and more matt to lighter and more shimmery and they don't look at all like the swatches in the scb website.The shimmer isn't obvious at all, it just makes you glow.I blend the 3 shades together for a day look and use Scott's 3 step method for evening drama:the lightest color on the cheekbones,the darkest in the hollows of the cheeks(making a fishy face makes this step easier) and blend the middle shade in the apples of the cheeks while smiling.This palette is very unique,the colors are just stunning...HG for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2005 3:42:00 PM More reviews by cyndiinphilly

I love this palette. I blend together the medium and dark shades for the apples of my cheeks and then the lightest for highlighting. Scott's colors are the best for me. They are clear colors with no muddiness in them at all. This palette is three shades of corally pink. I would definitely repurchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2005 11:43:00 AM More reviews by ziebam

I think this is absolutely STUNNING! what a gorgeous trio. I started off with the Posh that i really liked, Honey was nice but not a must have. Well, Samba is the OMG Must have! Gorgeous. Looks great on my nc30 light olive skin tone. It has a matte coral, shimmery medium peach, and a light pinkish peach. It simply makes my face pop without being too much. I love it. This retails for $44 for the trio and comes in a long palette that is brown with a mirror inside. Its a pretty large container and not ideal for travel but you do get a lot of product for your $44. This is a must have for warm tones. I LOVE mine!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2005 9:07:00 PM More reviews by dana

Samba contains the three most gorgeous shades of peach around. The colors compliment each other perfectly, and if used with a light hand, can work on even the palest PPP. I receive compliments every time I wear this blush trio. Not on my makeup, but on my skin! The blushes are creamy and blend extremely well. I found them all to be long-lasting with minimal fading as the day wore on. The compact looks fabulously chic, with it's grey, almost black cover that doesn't dirty like Nars. (I hate that about Nars- once it is dirty, that is it.) I love the long mirror as well. Also, the blushes aren't fragile. I have dropped Samba twice and it hasn't broken. I look at Nars blushes funny and they crumble. (I broke both Orgasm and Sin ad Exhibit A broke in transit to someone, even though it was well packed.) I can't say enough good things about the blush. My only regret is not buying more at the sale. (And I spent $150!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2005 9:53:00 PM More reviews by candacej

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was very excited when the SB line came to Canada - I've always loved the JLo (even though I don't really like her) glow and wanted to get the makeup behind the look. So when I marched to the SB counter, I was a little dismayed and underwhelmed by the blush colours (and the other products). I don't know what I was expecting. Anyways, I left, disapointed and didn't look twice at the SB counter for months. Today, I was in Holt's and everyone was buzzing around the stila counter, so I went over to the quiet SB counter. The MA put Chocolate eyeshadow on my eyes and Samba blush on my cheeks (plus St Tropez bronzer). I was very skeptical that Samba would look any good - it looks kinda orange and blah in the container. BUT OMG!!! WOW!!! I looked in the mirror and was amazed - I had the JLo glow! I have at least 30 blushes, from Chanel to stila to BB but THIS blows them away!!! I'm in love! Definitely HG status! Scott, I'm sorry I doubted you! Can you forgive me???
    EDIT 06/03/05: Caution - use a very light hand when applying this blush! It's heavily pigmented (but still gorgeous!) - this is one of the few blushes that last all day on me. I still love!