The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Alcohol Denat., PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polysorbate 20, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, t-Butyl Alcohol, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Citral, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, Denatonium Benzoate, Tocopherol.

AMAZING! I used to treat acne with this few years ago and completely forgotten about it. In recent months I have been suffering from a breakout in the forehead due to stress-I have tried everything-from Lush to other tea tree oil to scrubs. My acne improved, but is never completely gone. Then I remember the days when I had perfect skin I was using this product. I ran straight to the Body Shop and made my purchase. Oh-la-la!! It still works wonders. It shrinks my one bump in the forehead in minutes. No you didnt read it wrong, in minutes. I applied one drop directly onto the area and massaged it in with my finger. Within minutes the size of my pimple got significantly reduced!! Cannot wait to do the same before I go to bed tonight, I believe that my pimple will be completely gone by tomorrow morning! I am totally blown away and would definitely repurchase this product forever. It is a small bottle but considering you only need one drop at a time it is not expensive at all. I have tried much more expensive brands but this is the best! It does not lighten my scarring but I am satisfied. This is the only product I use from the tea tree line.

on 1/9/2014 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Well.. I bought it because the sales girl there recommend me this when i asked her about an acne treatment... And it turned out that i trusted her too much. It actually feels nice and smells nice too. But, on the next day on my first try.. my acne got worse.. At that time, i though maybe it brings out all my acne out first and then smoothen it. But, NO! i have a really bad bad bad breakout even for the next couples of use. So, after third use, i stopped using it. I never actually have these kind of effects on certain products..So I guess This product just not made for my skin.

on 1/6/2014 6:48:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Well i broke out alot with it, but i thought it was given on the first couple of use, but after 2 months if applying, it got worse... I had pimples, newly formed everyday, then bumps that i dont know, it supposed to act as antiseptic to your but it didnt, so definitely not really impressed with this product...

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

When i knew nothing about skincare i used this all over my skin to combat acne and it ruined my skin

on 12/26/2013 7:35:00 PM

First of all, I hated the bottle packaging because it took me forever to get it open so I could actually apply it. I have combination skin, and only some problems on my t-zone, so I only applied it in those areas. It was tingling, so I thought it was doing something, but it never really helped my skin at all. If anything, it made my skin quite blotchy. Definitely would not repurchase, also it's very expensive for such a small bottle.

on 12/13/2013 10:21:00 PM

Soothing, lightens the colour of the blemish overnight.
Overall a so-so treatment oil.

on 11/24/2013 2:11:00 AM

I only need 1-2 days to heal if I use this tea tree oil, and my skin doesn't get dried up as other spot treatments would do. I haven't been using anything else that's for blemishes so I know it's this tea tree oil that works.

P.S. The salesperson is a disappointment. The salesman (at The Body Shop store at D.C.'s Washington Union station) told me to buy the entire range of Tea Tree products and stop using anything from other brands for the acne treatment to work. He made fun of me because I answered that the other skincare of mine was from a different brand.
This is bad business ethics and tactless salesmanship.

on 11/14/2013 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

it works slow.
it smell like a cajuput oil.
i hate the packaging. i always spoil my oil.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Tea tree oil saved my life, I swear! I went through a REALLY bad break out recently & during this breakout I had 2 massive under the skin pimples that just wouldn't go away. I had had these pimples for 10 days and they were going no where. I applied tea tree oil on them 3 times within 24 hours & they had reduced the pimples significantly. I am so pleased with this product especially since you can wear it under your makeup without anyone the wiser. Totally recommend it for anyone with under the skin acne like me!

on 10/9/2013 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this stuff! I've been using this tea tree oil for almost a year. I used to spot treat my acne with benzoyl peroxide but it was too drying and irritated my skin. This oil is a gentler option and even better than BP. I dab the oil on my acne after I put on my night moisturizer. I usually stock up when The Body Shop is having their 40% off sale. For on the surface acne if you catch them early enough and dab this on,the acne will be completely gone the next day. But if you're like me and get those nasty cystic acne,it'll take longer time to get rid of it.

Popular Treatments (Face)