Eskinol - Naturals - Facial Cleanser

4.4

Water, Denatured Ethanol, Boric Acid, Fragrance, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Menthol, Benzalkonium Chloride.

on 9/19/2010 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

i've been using this toner for soo many years. it helps control my oily skin especially during summer days. i would say it has a very strong alcohol smell, but it does remove all dirt and makeup... and closes the pores. however, i recommend to use a very good moisturizer after since it can be drying.

on 8/19/2010 1:11:00 AM

I bought the lemon one after reading such good reviews. I agree that it does a very good job removing dirt and oils, however it contains alcohol. My skin breaks out easily w/ products with alcohol in them. But after reading the reviews again I will give this product another chance. I will change the rating once I come to a conclusion.

on 8/19/2010 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using this for about a year now and all I can say is that it definitely has helped control my acne. I use the lemon Facial cleanser and it definitely picks up a lot of the excess dirt and oils that I couldn't wash off with my regular face wash. I actually started using this when I ran out of my favorite toner that is only available in the Philippines (Dr. Monina Macam's acne regimen products). I have VERY sensitive skin so I was nervous about trying drug-store brand toners/astringents. One day, I just happened to go to an Asian grocery store and saw that they were selling Eskinol. Tried it out and haven't had irritations since. It's also helped to fade my acne scars on my cheeks.

And a thing to add, the old toner I used before was also lemon based and I'm pretty much convinced that anything that has lemon in it helps to really improve the skin. I have had acne since I was 13, I'm now about to turn 24 and have tried a whole bunch of crap. This stuff works better than that stupid Proactiv toner or whatever else they're selling on tv. Now I'm not saying it will eliminate acne all together, but it really really does help. I would NEVER write a review about a product if I didn't fully believe in it. Plus it is really inexpensive!

on 7/27/2010 4:57:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

i am in love with this product! I use the lemon one, it removes ALL oil,dirt, and makeup it fades my acne scars(i didn't even know it would but it seriously did!) it smells nice, refreshes my skin, makes it feel tingly clean. heals pimples and prevents them. I am so happy i used this at my friends house one time, ive loved it ever since<3

on 11/24/2009 9:42:00 PM

I love this product. My mother used it as a teenager and introduced it to me in my teens. I didn't use it for a while when I wanted to have a nice tan(I didn't want the skin-lightening properties to ruin it!), but now that I have enough sense to avoid too much sun exposure, I'm back on the bandwagon. I totally agree that it's not for sensitive skin, but paired with a good moisturizer, this has made my skin feel pretty dang good! I'm embarrassed to say I'm a horrible compulsive face picker and this product really helps to fade dark pimple marks after I go overboard. I love the papaya!

on 9/21/2009 1:23:00 PM

Out of the ones being sold at my local Asian supermarket, the avocado one was the only one that didn't smell like detergent. There were only Lemon, Calamansi, White and Avocado. I picked Avocado instantly. =)
Cheap.
Packaging is just alright, nothing fancy, but it's very functional because of the non-breakable material used. Easy to handle.
Smell: I don't mind it much, as mine is the avocado one and it sort of just smell of minty fresh vegetables with a hint of alcohol, if I could try to describe it that way, haha. It's refreshing to be honest, actually. At first, when I could smell the alcohol I thought it would sting my face or scratch it or something nasty. But it ends up being quite soothing, and when you put on your face, it leaves a minty afterfeel. It does a good job cleansing your face and refreshes it at the same time. With that price, I am so buying it again !!

Note: I'm only giving it 4 lippies because, on oily skin this would be perfect. But sometimes there are those times when my skin gets to a dry state and I don't use this because I know this is drying due to its high content of alcohol.
Hope it helps~

on 8/25/2009 10:16:00 PM

before i started using this, i went from one product to the next because nothing i tried worked. then my mom introduced me to this and my acne problems are almost non-existant. i get the random breakout on my chin and forehead sometimes, but eskinol makes it go away a lot quicker. calamansi, papaya and avocado are my favourites. also, it makes red marks and scars appear more dull over time. i had the chicken pox when i was 14 so my scars were deep.. like huge craters (mostly on my shoulders.) with eskinol, 95% of those scars are gone. the one thing i would say is that you need a good moisturizer to use with this because it really dries out your skin. i use both ponds cold cream and enzymion moisturizer from lush.

on 7/27/2009 11:31:00 PM

i loooove this cleanser!!
it removes all the dirt and makeup on my skin!!
my skin looks clearer and smoother
the only thing i don't like about it is the smell (too strong)
but other than that i love it!!!!!!!

on 7/17/2009 4:58:00 PM

I was looking for Likas Papaya soap after reading rave reviews and stopped by a local Asian grocery to take a look. No Likas, but I found Eskinols in several formulations and bought the Papaya for $3. Although it says it's a facial cleanser it is really a toner in so far as its astringent quality & what I usually think of as a toner. I suppose it could be used as a cleanser, though. I use it w/ a cotton ball after a normal cleanser to pick up anything that's left behind. After using it for five days, I haven't had any breakouts and it seems fine but it's a little too soon to tell if it'll fade any red marks.
Will update soon.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

My mom introduced this to me when I was 13. I am now 31 and have been using Eskinol since. I have tried other toners here and there, but this seems to work the best for me. I don't break out except for once a month and this helps speed up the healing time. This product is also intended to lighten the skin. I don't use it for the lightening agent, but I do notice that most of my acne scars fade within use. My favorites are Calamansi, Cucumber, and Green Papaya. Since I already use a facial scrub, I do not use the original white with the grains.

This also helps remove a lot of the leftover make-up that my Pond's Clean Sweep leaves behind. You could tell when you see dirt on the cotton especially if you clean your neck (test it out and notice how dirty it is). I use make-up everyday (i.e. concealer, foundation, blush, etc.) That is why I use this twice a day, both morning and night. I follow the toner by using Clinique's Dramatically Different Lotion, which I've also been using since I was 13. So together the two work the best for me. I will continue to use this probably forever! After 18 years, how could I ever start using anything else.