Maybelline Full 'N Soft Mascara

Water, Beeswax/Cera Alba, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glyceryl Stearate, PPG-17/IPDI/DMPA Copolymer, Copernicia Cerifera Wax/Carnauba, Paraffin, Nylon 12, Polyethylene, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Stearic Acid, PVP/Eicosene Copolymer, Triethanolamine, Palmitic Acid, PVP, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Panthenol, Dimethiconol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Isoceteth 20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Simethicone, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lecithin, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Butylparaben, 2 Oleamido 1, 3 Octadecanediol, Propylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide.

on 2/7/2015 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I'm a guy, so I already have good lashes. I just wanted to try mascara to see even how much better they could look. Long lashes look appealing on/to either gender. I chose Full N Soft because it was mentioned a lot in the boards as natural looking, plus I don't want to make my lashes stiff/weak/etc.

PROS: I barely used anything and my lashes look insane... This will last freaking forever. Since I have no experience with brushes, I can't really comment on that but I have no issues. I want the smoothest, clump free, etc... looks ok so far.

CONS: Soft? I can tell there's something on my top lashes and if this is soft, maybe that's why mascara gets a reputation for stiff/spidery/etc. It's not really that bad, but I want better than this. I'm disappointed that they only make "very black", something softer would be better.

OTHER: My bottom lashes look too long and dark.

OVERALL: This was successful. The effect is quite natural, but it's still something to get used to. I don't want others to get suspicious. I don't like how it makes my lashes FEEL though, so next time I'll try something similar, but different: Maybelline Volum' Express the Mega Plush, Voluminous Million Lashes, or Maybelline Great Lash Real Impact.

Best mascara I've found so far and trust me when I say I've tried A LOT of different mascaras. High end, drugstore, you name it.

on 2/4/2015 1:26:00 PM

I have very sparse, short lashes (one of the perks of aging). So far, all the mascaras I tried just made me look like I put tar on my lashes. No length, no volume. Just gunk. The huge brushes are infuriating as they merely get the tips of my small lashes. The are awkward and smudge stuff all over my lids. I'm realistic enough to understand that you can't make something out of what is not there in the first place (magic is not available where I live), so I never pay any attention to the bombastic claims of the ads. I just wanted something that would give my lashes a bit of definition.

I tried this mascara and now I understand why it is so popular. A terrific prod. The brush is very user-friendly. Nothing like those baby-bottle-brush-sized horrors that are in circulation nowadays. This brush actually grasps ALL my lashes (imagine that!). The tube is brand new so the formula may take a bit to dry. However, that is not problem at all. I always do my eyes before my face. I put a layer of this on. Do my face MU. Put on another layer, etc. After two or three layers, my lashes are actually LONGER, in a very natural way. I don't get falsies volume, but as I said, my lashes are sparse and short to start with.

All in all, I am very pleased with this mascara. It most definitely improve my lashes (upper and lower), but in a very natural way. Now I look like I HAVE lashes. Not gunk on them. Yuck! This is going to be my mascara from now on.

on 2/4/2015 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The non-waterproof version of this and the Maybelline "Lash By Lash" mascaras have been my go-to products for many years. Like most of you, I keep trying new mascaras now and then to find the "perfect" one. Lately I've tried several new ones (Benefit "They're Real," Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye, Sephora, and others) and have been doing more side-by-side comparisons and this is still hands-down the best one. I have fine blonde lashes and like a thinner formula with a natural one-coat application that really separates the lashes. I don't like ANY lashes to stick together. This wand is perfect for separating the lashes for a very natural look and the consistency is perfect. I will likely keep trying others now and then but for now this is still my HG. PROS: Price; Lash-separating brush; natural-looking formula. CONS: works great for a few weeks then a bit clumpier as it dries up (like most mascaras Iíve tried).

on 2/2/2015 10:47:00 PM

I have used this mascara for years. I have tried other brands but I always come back to this one. It makes my lashes soft, long and full. The wand is also the kind I like so that's a plus! I don't think I'll ever use another brand.

on 1/26/2015 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I wish this product worked for me. I have kinda light brown lashes, and I used the "Brownish black" variety of this mascara and it looked like I didn't even put any on. It didn't add length, or thickness, or anything, even after I put a ton of coats on it. Really irritating.

on 1/20/2015 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this mascara for everyday-it doesn't clump so it's just nice and easy and that's what I need for everyday. I'd suggest you'd need something bolder for evenings since this defines but doesn't give a glamour look.

on 1/15/2015 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I prefer this on curled, bare lashes, as opposed to over a primer. A primer sort of makes this a mess, whereas on bare lashes it does give a "soft", fanned out look. It's a nice mascara, but I don't fully agree with the hype.

on 1/15/2015 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This mascara is thoroughly average. I find that it takes a LOT of strokes to get the look I want. Applying it is tedious. I like my lashes to be dark and dramatically long, but not necessarily super thick, since I really try to avoid clumping.

I'm able to get nice, unclumped, defined, and moderately long lashes with this once I do get it on, and it has decent lasting power. I will definitely use up the tube. I used this back in high school and gave it another shot recently, but I probably won't buy it again. Oh well - it's cheap. It would definitely do in a pinch if you forget your mascara and want a cheap drugstore backup.

For reference, my HG high-end mascaras are Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye and my HG drugstore is the original Lash Blast. As far as drugstore mascaras go, I much prefer the packaging of Full and Soft to Lash Blast; but otherwise, it's a slight downgrade.

on 1/9/2015 7:21:00 AM

(This is for the regular mascara, not the waterproof). If you're a brand whore or a make up connoisseur don't skip over this product just because it's a drugstore brand because it is awesome. The formula is great - no clumping, no spider legs, no many how many coats you put on. The brush is nice and with a little back and forth you can coat every eyelash. There's no fall out during wear. I already have long lashes so this is perfect for my needs...if you have very short or thin lashes and want something that adds serious volume you may want something more potent, but honestly your lashes are probably fine...that whole 5 layers of mascara look isn't attractive anyway.