August 30, 2014 | 1773 users online

Crème - Chantecaille - Future Skin

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by lemon_tree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I have dry skin in the winter, slightly oily in the summer. I got this in the summer and liked it ok but it wasn't great. For the cost (and terrible packaging, just a jar) i didn't think it was worth it and I regret buying it now. I definitely cant use it nowadays in the winter, it really accentuates dry patches, even though it has hydrating seaweed extracts. It feels really nice going on, but it flakes and looks really bad in a few hours. When I used it a few times in the summer, my skin wasn't dry so I didn't have problems with flaking but the coverage was very very sheer. Since it didnt cover as much as id like, i stopped using it. The color range is pretty limited too, and the color i got isnt a prefect match so that also contributed to it winding up in my "archive" makeup drawer. I'd classify this more as a (really expensive!) tinted moisturizer rather than a proper foundation. But, if you are looking for really sheer coverage and have really nice skin to begin with, and want a luxury product, you might want to try this.
I'm still looking for a good winter foundation. Top so far are MUFE F&B and Youngblood liquid mineral fdn, but still looking for the HG.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by AliMcSparlkepants

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was the first high end foundation I purchased. I had been using Revlon CS for years before that, and was looking for something fancier and also with less coverage.
I was recommended this by the sales assistant.
I used it for almost 2 weeks as I had read that the charged water and seaweed neutralise excess oil in your skin if you use it over a period of time.
As much as i wanted to love this foundation, I ended up returning it.
It made my skin so oily, it almost looked wet. Also, after a few hours, the already sheer coverage had gone blotchy and almost disappeared in some places, it oxodised to an orangy colour, and worst of all, it broke me out with both superficial and quite deep pimples. I would leave the house with no visible pimples and throughout the day I would literally grow 5 or 6 little white pimples.
The deeper bumps and pimples took a couple of months to clear up.
Maybe I have an allergy to one of the ingredients?
This foundation would probably only suit someone with very clear skin to begin with, who doesn't really need much coverage, and doesn't have issues with oily skin.
I did think the packaging was pretty, but it isn't very hygienic.
If you have sensitive or acne prone skin, either give it a miss or ask for a sample first, as it is very expensive.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by mya2403

Purchased on a whim the colour is ok as is the coverage but I hate the smell and it's so un hygenic the fact that it is in a tub. This gave me huge cystic acne all over my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2012 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Absalom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am approximately NC22ish in MAC, CdP I20, Chanel Clair in both VL and ML. I am also neutral in skintone and wear the Vanilla shade.

This gel foundation is oil free but delivers moisture not by emollient ingredients but by delivering humectants. This is optimal for my dehydrated combination skin prone to sensitivity. My skin loves it!

FS has light to medium finish if layered and does a fine job of evening out minor discoloration and imperfections. I love that FS lets my skin peek through and gives me that my skin but better look. I dust some La Mer loose powder to set and I am good to go all day with some blotting on the nose and forehead.

All above mentioned virtues may not pan out for those with oily skin or for those looking for more coverage but for those who are looking for skin-like natural cover, this comes highly recommended by a foundation reveler! Not quite HG though ;-)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2011 8:46:00 PM More reviews by linzyn87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have always been a foundation junkie and my search has been ongoing. I have tried brands from le metier, koh gen do, dior, estee lauder, kanebo sensai, la mer, and many more other brands and either were too light, too orange, too dark or too pink. THIS IS MY HG FOUNDATION AND SECOND HG is Kanebo sensai fluid velvet foundation in 204 and 204.5. For reference i am a MAC NC42, NARS SHEER GLOW SYRACUSE, MUFE HD SHADE 153, i purchased this in the color WHEAT. The color match is dead on! Does not look like fake and looks very dewy and natural. Its expensive but well spent!... I highly recommend! i LOVED IT so much i just purchased the JUST SKIN and the loose powder to go along with it. The only thing that i dont like about it is the packaging...which is a giant jar.

****3/6/12 Update been testing this out many months and notice that the staying power is not very good. It looks amazing when first applied then few hours later it slide of the face. I have tried many different primer and still would not stay put. It makes me face look greasy and oily when I am dried skin. I recommend the chantecaille new stick for long lasti g coverage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2011 3:19:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I got Future Skin in the color Alabaster, which is a good match for MAC NC15-20 skintones. For me, I'm more on the NC20 spectrum, so Alabaster is a hair too light, and Camomile is too yellow. However, as other reviewers have noted, this does oxidize and darken very slightly, so it ends up being a good match.

About my skin: I have an oily t-zone and dry cheeks. Now that I am pregnant, and my hormones are going wild, I have gotten some pretty big pimples every now and then that I want to cover up. Also, I'm not in my 20's anymore, so daily application of foundation is important for evening out my skintone.

I was told that the best way to apply this foundation is with a brush, or, if no brush is available, to use fingers. The finger method seems to give a more sheer coverage - I guess because less product gets picked up, and also because of the warmth in your fingertips. I have been using a Trish McEvoy foundation brush, which gives fuller coverage. For a good amount of coverage, I use a dime-size amount over the entire face and blend it out with the brush. Then, for my super-red pimples, I dab a little bit on the tip of the brush and stipple it on top. This results in a flawless complexion that still looks natural.

One of my favorite qualities about Future Skin is how natural it looks. The texture is hard to describe... not full-on dewy, but makes skin look supple, plump, and even-toned. Unfortunately, because of this, it doesn't control my oily t-zone, and I have to blot by lunchtime or early afternoon.

It wears very comfortably, and aside from the oily breakthrough where I could probably use a touch-up, this lasts all day for me. I imagine those with drier skins would have no problem at all. Just make sure to exfoliate well, because this (like all other foundations) will cling to flaky parts of the skin.

This retails for $72+tax at Bergdorf Goodman, for a 1-ounce container, which is extremely expensive. I like that the container is plastic and lightweight (unlike my D&G Cream foundation, which is heavy glass). I don't have any sanitary issue with it, as I dip a clean brush into it to apply, but if you do decide to apply with fingertips, I would recommend using a q-tip to get the product out.

Overall, I am in love with Future Skin. I have not experienced any breakouts due to it, and my skin looks and feels wonderful with it. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2011 11:19:00 AM More reviews by manini3

This is my GT foundation. I used it for my wedding 9 years ago, they have since reformulated it without SPF, and it is still really great. You need very little of this formula - it goes a really long way. If you put too much on, it forms a thick layer over your skin. If you blend a pea-sized amount with a good foundation brush (I use Chanel #6), you get the most perfect, radiant finish. My skin looks flawless when I wear this foundation.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2011 9:53:00 AM More reviews by ceen

Disappointing in terms of both texture and performance: sat on top of skin creating an unattractive, 'full-on' make-up look. To make matters worse, pigment appeared to darken as the day progressed.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by mashed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm NC15 and porcelain was a good match. This made my skin feel fabulous. It felt great on and touching my face it was so smooth. Unfortunately the coverage isn't enough for me as I have redness on my cheeks I like to minimize. Even with some of their stick foundation over it, it just didn't look great.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2011 1:56:00 PM More reviews by plrg

I had this in Alabaster over the winter when I was NC15-20 and I use Vanilla now that I am NC25. This is an extremely light foundation (sheer to sheer-medium coverage) that leaves a natural-glow finish. It's formulated in Japan and has a lot of similarities to other Japanese cream foundations, namely that it has a light gel texture to it, and contains a lot of water (around 60% I think). The jar lasted about 4-5 months when I wore it everyday - during the daytime only because it doesn't control oil too well and it doesn't have much coverage. However, this is great if you're going for the no-foundation look.

To make the product more sanitary, usually I just take a q-tip, lightly dip it into the pot, and then dab the foundation from the q-tip onto the back of my hand. Then I use a stippling brush to stipple it all over my face. Usually one q-tip head's worth of foundation is enough for my whole face.

Though I love this foundation, I don't know if I'll be repurchasing it again in the future. I'm moving away to products that are paraben-free, and for such a sheer foundation, it's not "worth it" for me to be putting parabens everyday on my face.