Chantecaille Future Skin

3.8

2015 reformulation:Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Titanium Dioxide, Cetyl Peg, Pentylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Peg-400, Sodium Chloride, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Glycerin, Aluminum Hydroxide, Mica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Stearic Acid, Alcohol, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Camellia Sinesis Leaf Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Natto Gum, Talc, Iron Oxides.Old formula:Water, Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Dimethicone copolyol Dimethicone, PEG-350, Sodium Chloride, Silica Dimethyl Sillyate, Glycerin, Rosmarinus Officialis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Laminari Saccharina Extract, Natto Gum, Camellia Senesis Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May contain: Methicone, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Hydroxyde, Silica, Iron Oxides, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, Mica.

on 3/11/2013 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I am so angry that this foundation did not work for me, considering its hefty price tag. I'm N12 and was matched to the shade Alabaster. While the color match is good and the finish is quite nice (not totally matte, not totally dewy, but just right), I am absolutely appalled at how this foundation emphasizes and enlarges every single pore on my face. Even with primer. I can seriously only compare it to...the moon. I have never experienced anything this bad with any other foundation before, and it makes me really mad. I look to foundation as a means to cover my flaws, not to highlight them. At $72, I really expected this to be something great. I am really disappointed in Chantecaille.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I had this tried on me in Vanilla, but I ended up with Alabaster which I like more. First of all, I like that it is a cream vs a liquid. To me, creams have more buildable coverage. I also like the color ranges. But what I particularly am thankful for is there is no SPF in it. I do my own SPF that I know I don't react to and I don't want an unknown to add into the mix. I was using Chanel Vitalumiere and then they redid it, took away my creme, and put in SPF and now I get itchy and fever blisters. It is soooo hard to find a foundation without SPF today and basically, I started just using my foundation and powder and that's it. This gives me great coverage, completely tones down my hot pink cheeks, and my skin looks like a mannequin's which I love. If I am going to wear full on makeup, I want it to look perfect - not just me all over. I don't get that - why bother with makeup? no I kid, but really, this is my professional look makeup, not the everyday stuff and I am really happy about it especially with the color!

on 2/5/2013 9:42:00 PM

I have been using Future Skin for 10 years. Before discovering it I tried every high end foundation out there, and while some of them were fine, I never liked the feel of foundation and I wore foundation as rarely as possible. As soon as I began using FS I began to get unsolicited compliments...on my skin. Basically people couldn't see that I was wearing foundation, but my skin looked luminous and healthy. A few tips: FS will almost melt into your skin, if you apply with (clean!) fingers and almost press it (GENTLY) into you skin with fingers or even palms. You can build coverage over areas that need a second application the same way-- it blends beautifully. Brush application will give you heavier coverage, but not as natural. I do finish with powder on nose and chin, but not on cheeks-- the FS glow is beautiful. I find it does last all day & stays true to color.

In the last 10 years I've occasionally tried other high-end stuff in the eternal quest, but every single time FS comes out way ahead of the competition.

I've discovered that using a superb product to the last drop saves me $$$ vs paying to constantly try and discard less expensive options.

on 2/4/2013 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

A very nice foundation, but I need more coverage. The porcelain color is a very light peach color - not my favorite.

on 1/13/2013 2:48:00 AM

This is the most I've ever paid for a foundation ($80 Cdn!!!) and I regret it! I really wanted to like this foundation because I'd heard some good things about this brand. I was looking for a natural looking foundation that was a bit more hydrating for the winter so I thought this would be perfect. My combo skin was starting to dry out from the cold.

PROS: I bought Vanilla (I'm an NC25) and the shade was a nice match. It felt really nice when I applied it on my skin--gel-like almost and it looked great for the first 2 hours. But that's it.

CONS: I rarely break out (I get a spot or two at most) but this broke me out EVERYWHERE after using it for nearly 2 weeks. I never get breakouts on my forehead but this product gave me tons of bumps there. Ugh! Also, it's not as moisturizing as it initially feels. The foundation really started to look noticeable on my skin after less than 3 hours of wear and it wore off quickly around my trouble spots (redness around my nose). This had little staying power.

This product is totally overrated, ridiculously expensive, and I now know why Chantecaille isn't carried in many places--it just sucks. When I pay this much, I expect something awesome. I switched over to Revlon's Nearly Naked Foundation and my skin is now hydrated and my breakouts have calmed--all at a fraction of the cost!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this product against my better judgement I believe.... After reading reviews on here before I out-layed the $105 AUD price, I already had doubts whether or not I would like this product. I even looked at youtube videos of this product and it looked AMAZING! However not so on my skin. It made my skin look so dull, no glow at all which made me so disappointed because everyone raved on about how amazing it made their skin look and how it glows. The colour match of Alabaster for my NC15-20 skin was pretty good but I just feel so yuck with this foundation on. I almost feel it makes my skin look like I havent slept... I've applied with a beauty blender sponge; horrid, I applied with my fingers; slightly better... I'm going to try it out with a flat foundation brush but I don't think I am going to get the results I really want. Over-all disappointing for $105...

on 11/27/2012 9:00:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Chantecaille seems to be a brand that i can always rely on! The fact that its hard to find and the price tag can make me cringe, are the only faults i can think of when it comes to their products. It can be tricky to figure out exact shade matches online for those of us without a Chantecaille counter nearby :( Jar packaging can be a turn-off for a lot of you but the handy spatula pacifies me enough not to care, especially since i cant argue with the results in the mirror. Despite all that I am a huge fan and have repurchased this and the Just Skin tinted moisturizer many times.
Future skin is a gel-textured foundation, providing sheer to medium coverage on its own. It feels as if i can be built up but to be honest i have never felt the need to especially since i enjoy the dewy-glowy finish. This is not to be mistaken for the shiny-greasy look and if the dew is not for you slight dusting with some finishing powder mattifies the look very easily. The wear of this is at least 6 hours without primer or setting powder but with primer i managed to get good 10 hours out of it - impressive to say the least! My skin is a bit problematic and can be breakout prone if i am not careful but Chantecaille base products have never given me any issues. If anything i can assert that when i am using this my skin feels and looks better - skincare foundation at its best :)
Chantecaille is obviously a luxury niche brand but one that deserves a lot more attention by makeup/skincare mavens. Both their makeup and skincare products are high quality, efficient and deliver on their promises - they may not be flashy or "cool" but if you are ready for a classic, timeless, no-nonsence look then look them up. They have never disappointed me...whereas similarly priced brands - Chanel or Dior - have let me down more than once :(

on 8/13/2012 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

To be honest at first I didn't know how to use this stuff, the texture is so thick and creamy that I wasn't sure how to get it to spread onto my face. However the trick is (and the reason I think they put it in a pot) to barely pat your fingers with it, and then build the coverage where you need it which results in the most natural coverage imaginable. I have also found that using concealer on top of the foundation works best for me, which is something I've never done before but have found it blends better that way. Porcelain is the perfect match for my fair and cool toned skin, and I love that this does not oxidize at all. However, I have found that it gets quite oily by the end of the day and I do not have oily skin.

on 7/15/2012 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I had such high hopes for this product, but it did not work for me:( I was recommended this product from an estheticdian at Nordstroms. Her skin looked flawless and she said she used this foundation. I bought it soon after. The color was a great match for me and I liked the consistency. However I found it was not long lasting at all. I work LONG days and sometimes I work in the elements so I need my makeup to last. For this price I expected better. Why I'm really returning this product is the fact that I have a bunch of tiny bumps that surfaced on my skin. I'm contributing this to the silicones. :( For now my HG is Smashbox.

on 5/18/2012 4:08:00 PM

Hands down the best foundation I have ever found. I use Chamomile, it matches my skin perfectly. Soft, gel consistency applied with a sponge, the finish is flawless. Recommend it highly for those with combination skin and need medium coverage. Gorgeous. It is in a jar, and for those germaphobes like myself, use a spatula to prevent cross-contamination. Love the jar, personally, as I can get every bit of foundation out unlike tubes or pumps that you lose 10% of your product because you cannot get it out of the container.

Chantecaille is my favourite foundation. Being a product junkie and having skin that is over forty, I have tried so many--wind up with breakouts, comedogenic ingredients that create clogs, greasy feeling, impossible to remove, cakey and heavy. Not so with this foundation. Give it a try--you won't be disappointed.

Popular Crème Foundations