November 22, 2014 | 1641 users online

Sunscreen - DERMAdoctor - DERMAdoctor Body Guard Exquisitely Light SPF 30 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2007 9:22:00 PM More reviews by ayh212

Hmmm...I don't know where other people buy their products but it sounds like wrand got an old bottle! I would have the same complaints if the product out of my bottle stood up straight...haha. This product has been great and it does not break me out...all i need is a drop and it spreads out evenly.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2006 6:14:00 PM More reviews by muse66

This is the most comfortable sunscreen on my face. I use it after my PicturePorefect and it acts like a moisturizer and sunscreen. I actually called DermaDoctor and they said that many of her patients with Rosacea use this as a moisturizer. LOVE IT!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2006 4:34:00 AM More reviews by wrand

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is the thickest sunscreen I have every seen for the face.. I used it for a while and it felt after an hour as if I had a cake on my face.. In the heat of summer this is not a feasible solution.. Would not ever recommend this product to anyone.. SAVE YOUR MONEY.. Your face sunscreen should not be able to stand up by itself..Squeez the bottle u will see for yourself... GROSSS.. and that is what u would be putting on your face..

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2006 11:31:00 AM More reviews by lsnisky

Wonderful Oil-Free, Non-Greasy lotion that I can actually use Daily as my facial moisturizer. It is so important to use sunscreen daily to protect from damage and Aging! But it's so hard to find a good face sunscreen if you have Combination or Oily skin. This one will Not cause breakouts or create more Oil; It actually helps control oil. Plus it contains antioxidants for added protection from enviromental damage. Good amount of product for the price. The olny thing i don't like is that i wish the texture felt lighter or thinner - it feels a little heavy at first but it does absorb very well. If your looking for a daily sunscreen, definitely give this one a try!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2006 6:10:00 PM More reviews by holleque

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I guess I am one of the few who do not like this. I purchased this based on the large number of good reviews but I found this to feel heavy on my skin, not exquisitely light. I am 36 but still with very acne prone skin in the t-zone. I can't say I used this long enogh to actually get breakouts, but I could tell after the first use that it is too heavy for me, it never felt comfortable on. I have finally found Olay Complete sensitive skin SPF 15 and have been much happier with that.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2006 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Csjustice

A wonderful, non-oily sunscreen with antioxidants and Parsol for UVA protection. Very nice texture, and although I was extremely reluctant to spend this much on a sunscreen, it's a really good product. I find Dermadoctor products to be highly effective and reasonably priced.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2006 3:42:00 PM More reviews by biscotti1

I was reluctant to spend this much money for sunscreen but my face is very sensitive to sun now, because of medications I am using and I needed something that would be gentle but protect my skin from the sun. This does a very a very good job. It is lighter than other so called oil free facial sunscreens I have tried from Coppertone and Banana Boat and is not scented.It has not caused me to break out like other products have. It blends nicely on darker skin and doesn't cast an ashy appearance on my face. It is pricier that the drugstore brands but worth it in my opinion, especially since you do not have to use a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2006 8:00:00 PM More reviews by emmakee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So glad to hear so many agree with me on this one. I adore this product. I have oily skin and prior to my discovery of Body Guard, my face broke out no matter what sunscreen I tried. Left a matte finish and absorbed very quickly, no oil slick or breakouts. Totally worth the price and an absolute MUST for summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2006 12:54:00 PM More reviews by cinthiah

I LOVE this product. It's the only suncreen for the face that I've tried to date that doesn't cause any breakouts and shine on my T Zone. The trick is not to apply too much.

Another thing I like about this product is that it goes on smoothly, soaks in fairly quickly and doesn't feel heavy. I put this on after I get out of the shower in the morning. It gives the product time to settle in while I dress and then I put on makeup.

It is on the expensive side, but it lasts for a really long time.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2006 1:02:00 PM More reviews by jm1875

I was so excited for this. I wanted to switch up from Neutrogena's Dry Touch (don't know why b/c I love dry touch but I get bored, I guess) for my daily facial sunscreen. So, I read up on Exquisitely Light and gave it a shot. OMG -- what a mistake!!! It was so greasy and within 3 days to a week made me breakout all over my chin and I just got off accutane so I was completely breakout free before this. Needless to say, I've since stopped using it and am contemplating whether to even use this on my legs when I go to the beach. I'm terrified but for the amount of jack I spent on this, I need to use it in order to make it worth while!