December 21, 2014 | 1915 users online

Crème - Estee Lauder - Maximum Cover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2010 10:03:00 PM More reviews by AnnieNYC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I HATE ESTEE LAUDER FOR DISCONTINUING MY COLOR IN THIS PRODUCT! I hope they are reading this.....they just discontinued the lightest color "Creamy Ivory, Very Light" and replaced it with a dark, ugly, yellow color called "Creamy Ivory". I could be ill just typing this.

I cannot believe it. Seriously. Don't know WHERE TO TURN to find another full coverage foundation for my vitiligo.

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2010 11:14:00 PM More reviews by auburnlady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this to use as a concealer, and this tube lasts, lasts, and lasts. Even as a foundation, just a little goes a very long way. It really does what it promises -- it covers up anything and everything. This is now my HG concealer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 1:48:00 PM More reviews by ClaireMcD77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Ummm HELLO! I am in love. This provides such great coverage and goes on pretty well (blend blend blend). Creamy Tan was a great match for my light/med skin. I'm in my early 30s so I'm starting to get some sun/age spots...I also have freckles that I like to cover. This provides a ton of coverage so I can get a flawless canvas.!!!! Staying power is awesome!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2009 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Maxipoodle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently purchased this foundation, because I like wearing full coverage everyday, I have acne scarring that kills me so I like coverage that up, this works great for that! I love that I'm able to use only a little bit of the product and it covers flawlessly. The only thing is that if I happen to get wild and apply alot it can settle into my little laugh lines, and that gross but I usually apply just the right amount that I dont get those funky little lines, but anywho this product is great for someone who want full coverage. I got the darkest shade and Im an NC 40, it is a tad light but I use bronzer everyday so its not noticeable at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2009 9:22:00 AM More reviews by vleemakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have a thing for foundations - heavy, full-coverage foundations at that. That being said I bought the Max Cover in Light/Medium to go with the Double Wear Desert Beige powder - too light & yellowish so I had to use bronzer (a lot). I got the Medium Max Cover & that's too pink - however, when I mixed the Light/Medium & Medium Max Cover together = Winning Colour for my skin. I also got the Double Wear Pressed Powder in Ivory Beige 07 & that seems to give me the natural colour look better than the Desert Beige.

I say natural colour look as there's nothing natural about this foundation. It's full-cover & I find I get a complete blank canvas look from it - awesome when I don't want pimples or redness poking through to ruin my look. Not so good if you're after a light-weight, natural looking foundation - try something else. It seems to hold up to my gardening in the heat of Aussie Spring/Summer & also does well during a gym workout - haven't tried it in the sauna yet though.....hmmm....might skip that one.

I would probably buy this again when I run out of my 2 tubes; however, something better may be on the market to grab my attention :) If there's nothing that offers such good coverage, while using so little of the product then I'll definitely be back as it's definitely a great deal for $68AU for 30ml.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2009 8:09:00 PM More reviews by aadonm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great coverage, only a tiny amount required for a full coverage and makes skin look good througout the day. The colours are not the greatest unfortunatly. However you can work around this. I think you need to practice with this product. But the finish of this is so good. Just moisturise if you have dry skin. Covers redness, sunspots etc without using a lot of product

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2009 5:30:00 PM More reviews by MelanieNYC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love this foundation! I can't believe it has made me trade in my beloved Laura Mercier oil free foundation that I have used for years, but this just makes my skin look so fantastic. It has the most AMAZING coverage but the awesome part is, you only have to use a tiny amount to get beautiful glowing PERFECT skin. With other foundations, to get full "buildable coverage" it took forever to blend and keep adding more foundation to get the same amount of coverage a tiny dot of Mazimum Cover will give you. I am very fair so I got the the Medium Light shade. It was a tad darker than I am used to, so I ordered the lightest shade, which turned out to be too light for all over use. So what I do is I apply the 2nd lightest shade ("Medium-Light") as a foundation and use the lightest shade as under eye concealer and also to blend at my jaw line so I don't get any of the mask look. The whole process takes about 3 minutes and lasts the ENTIRE day! And best of all, no breakouts. I wash my face with Proactive cleanser with Cargo Polishing Cloths. My skin has never looked better (with and without foundation) and that my, MA friends, makes me one happy camper!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2009 11:16:00 AM More reviews by Vanillablood

i purchased this because i had acne and very red skin. this was completely useless, yes it covered but looked like i had a chalky mask on. it was far too unatural looking no matter how little you apply. and it definately wasnt good for my skin either. also rubbed off on clothes and hands very easily. the only good thing was the packaging was pretty but what use is that.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2009 4:22:00 PM More reviews by CantMAKEUPmyMlND

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is phenomenal. That being said, if you have great skin then it probably isn't for you.

I am very fair with pink undertones, and the lightest color Creamy Ivory is a great match.

The pigmentation of this foundation is amazing. You really only need a pea sized amount to cover your entire face (and trust me, "pea sized" amounts of other things never seem to cover what I am assuming must be my freakishly large face {I'm starring at you, Retin-A}).

This has the pigmentation to cover almost anything. Since I am so fair post break out marks are ever present on my skin but they hide SO well with this covering them.

That is another thing. What is more annoying than finding a perfect cover for your break outs / post break outs only to find it breaks you out even MORE? Not the case with this for me. Doesn't break me out at all and almost anything breaks me out (Bare Minerals? Minerals of hell for me and my skin).

I believe this was $29.50 - well worth the price as you need so little. I also like the tube, you only pitch out (it is a tube) what you need.

I prefer using this foundation with my fingers (I usually used brushes or Beauty Blender / SK Blending Sponge). The dry down time of it is quite fast so you are better working in small areas with small amounts to achieve the coverage you are looking for.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2009 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Sophy20

This has fantastic coverage and really does give your skin that airbrushed look....however, after about 4 hours it tends to slip into fine lines and can look a teeny bit patchy. Even so, its still my favourite foundation so far, and its pretty much as close to perfect as any foundation can get (for those who need full coverage). The reason i took one lippie away is because the range of shades is too small, so its hard for some to find a perfect match.