August 1, 2014 | 1394 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - Fructis Sleek and Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff has almost the exact same ingredients as the Garnier Moroccan oil treatment, only there's more product and it comes with a convenient pump. They both performed the same for me, softening my hair but not smoothing it. It seems frizzy still. Not impressed. Wish I had compared the ingredients before I bought them. They looks so different but really are the same thing.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2012 4:50:00 PM More reviews by kcarideo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have thick, curly, color treated hair. I bought this product to add some shine into my blonde hair and reduce frizziness. I applied a few pumps to my hands and worked it through damp hair. After letting it completely dry, I did notice a significant amount of added shine! The only problem is that I needed a lot of defrizzing; The product didn't seem to do any of that for me. So, 2 stars it is. It really only did half of what it promised and I wouldn't buy it again because of that.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by ArtsyBre

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely LOVE the Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Anti-Frizz Serum. I feel like this doubles as both a hair care and hair styling product. It has some nourishing ingredients like argan oil (making it a great hair care product) but also helps my hair look great and easier to manage/style! Since this claims to moisturize, smooth frizz, and add shine, I'll discuss those three points more, as well as a few other things....
MOISTURIZING: This is very moisturizing, especially with the nourishing argan oil. For some reason, the bottom layers of my hair are dry (even though the upper/top layers are not--odd!) and this totally softens my dry hair!
SMOOTHING: This definitely fights frizz! This gives my hair a sleek look and feel, and I especially notice it helping the bottom layers that tend to be a little frizzier. This is the best product I've tried to help with that!
SHINE: This really does add a little boost of shine to my hair, giving it an extra healthy look!
PACKAGING: I love the packaging, especially because it comes in a pump bottle that can be opened/closed depending on which direction you turn the lid/dispenser. That way, I don't have to worry about it spilling or leaking in my bag, as long as it is closed.
SMELL: This has a sweet, fruity smell, which is fantastic, in my opinion.
PRICE/AVAILABILITY: I've seen this product at many stores (WalMart, Target, Walgreen's, etc), but I got mine at Smith's Marketplace for around $4, I believe it was.... I think it's a great deal, especially since it's a cheaper alternative to getting straight-up argan oil, as that can be very pricey and I honestly can't afford it!
HOW I USE IT: I use this almost every morning before styling my hair (usually when it's just a bit damp). I use about one pump--or maybe even half a pump; a little goes a long way--and gently massage it into the ends of my hair with my hands, and then put whatever is left over on the rest of my hair from about the ears down. It makes my hair smooth, shiny, healthy, and easier to style afterward!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by jrlin86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Life changing product for my hair. I've been using it for a few months and this has made my hair look and feel so smooth, soft, light, and more manageable. I have had long colored/highlighted hair (and lots of it) for years and it has always been unpredictable when I would have a good hair day. This product has made my hair have good hair days everyday.!I especially love how my hair looks when I do a wavey/beachy hair with it. This is now my favorite can't-live-without hair product. I never would have thought this low-priced drug-store-brand product could have me convinced!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by yandonova

This stuff is amazing. It won't eliminate all the frizz, but my hair is shinier and more manageable. It smells great too like most Garnier products. It's oily, so if you don;t like the texture, this may not be for you, A little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2012 4:13:00 PM More reviews by ohninesixteen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My aunt has super thick, super frizzy hair and I've noticed that in the period of several months it's been shinier and silkier, and way less frizzier so I asked her what she was using. And what do you know! She was using this serum along with the shampoo and conditioner from this line. And I knew I HAD to try it. I bought the shampoo, conditioner and this serum and I've been using it for a month now and I've noticed a HUUUGE improvement! It leaves my hair soft and it's not sticky at all. And it smells really good. A little goes a looong way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm assuming I have the newer formula in the bell shaped bottle. I'm always pretty cautious with any kind of silicone serums, mainly because the viscosity can vary so much. Through trial and error and lots of reading, I find the ones with cyclopentasiloxane as the first ingredient tend to be thinner and less sticky and so much easier to apply. This one is no exception and I'm thrilled that this one can now take the place of my old John Frieda Frizz Ease Thermal Protection, which I adored but was overpriced for the amount you'd get. The ingredients are very similar (both start with cyclopentasiloxane and dimethiconol) and feel the same on my hair, so I use this as my new heat protection before flat ironing. I love the results! My hair feels so smooth and tangle free, it's hard to stop myself from constantly running my hands through it. Now, what to do with all those thick and sticky serums cluttering up the bathroom cupboard?? The price of this one too makes it twice as loveable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 1:12:00 AM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in the bell shaped bottle. Thanks to this bad boy I don't have to straighten my hair if I don't want to. Use in moderation because if you put on too much you will look like grease ball head. I have naturally wavy/frizzy hair and this does a good job at taming my mane and it smells delightful I have repurchased this

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Beare1998

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this! I have like, the frizziest hair ever. But I used this with the regular Sleek and Shine system and my hair is amazing. It makes my hair so soft and shiny. And it smells great. My hair isn't half as frizzy now but I put it on and it gets frizz you didn't even realize was there. It leaves your hair soft and silky and smelling great! I love that you can open and close the bottle lock if you put it in a travel bag or something. It also is super cute and slim so it can fit in between a load of hair or beauty products with no problem

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2012 4:34:00 AM More reviews by jenyabunney

This is my go to hair product since I was 14 years old. I have frizzy, dry, damaged, curly hair and this magical product makes my hair shiny, soft, and a bit more moisturized.
It smells amazing, and lasts longer than forever.