Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum

3.9

New forumula(2011): Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Argania Spinosa Oil (Argan Kernel Oil), Fragrance, Prunus Amygdalus Kernel Oil (Apricot Kernel Oil), Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol.

on 11/19/2012 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Honestly, for the price, you get more than you pay for! It makes my hair look shiny and healthy, as for frizz-free...it doesn't eliminate ALL frizz, but it definitely helps out. I apply this after applying heat and it makes my hair look strong, healthy, and shiny. Definitely would repurchase!

on 11/19/2012 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This product is a [hair] life saver!

I've been using this product for years as I've constantly blow dried, straightened or curled and coloured my hair and my hair still looks and feels super healthy! I have thick, long, wavy hair and I usually apply a small amount before i blow dry my hair, or if I'm skipping the dryer, after straightening. It makes your hair soft, gives it a nice natural shine and it smells good too. It helps with breakage and split ends as well, as I found that in the short period of time I got lazy and stopped using it, I developed split ends a bit on my hair.

I recently coloured my hair red which seems to have dried my hair out on the ends a bit. I used some of this after straightening my hair and it felt fine, and no one could tell how my ends really were.

BOTTOM LINE: I recommend this product for everyday use. It keeps your hair healthy and looking good.

xx

on 11/7/2012 11:20:00 PM

I loved this product. I can use it on damp and dry hair. I find it can make dry hair feel a bit greasy for a couple minutes till its totally absorbed. I have long wavy/curly hair so I use about 3 pumps and thats usually enough to tame frizz. Also super duper helpful when straightening hair. And the smell is amazing! just totally amazing best smelling hair care product I have tried. This is totally going to be a new staple in my regimen.

Wow! I have been looking for years for something to tame my frizz and help with shine on my dirty blonde hair and I think I have finally found something that works!! It has worked great so far and the smell is incredible!! So fruity and fun. Love this stuff =)

on 11/4/2012 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have used the original before they added argan oil. I Love it more with the argan oil! I find it smells much better, it is fruity smell. I use about 5 pumps, I have long frizzy ombre hair that has been stripped and bleached. I do have to use alot, but for 2$ and change, you can't complain right! I find it works better than th argan oil by fructis too. I apply this serum on my towel dried hair and comb through with amazing ease. And to be honest I have used more than 5 pumps at times and it never gets greasy on me. Also I noticed it makes my hair dry much faster. :) The only downside is some has managed to spill in my purse when the pump was locked. Yet It is still a 5 for me

on 11/4/2012 9:06:00 PM

Lightweight and pretty nourishing for the price, definitely a decent doop for a higher quality oil.

on 11/2/2012 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This stuff has almost the exact same ingredients as the Garnier Moroccan oil treatment, only there's more product and it comes with a convenient pump. They both performed the same for me, softening my hair but not smoothing it. It seems frizzy still. Not impressed. Wish I had compared the ingredients before I bought them. They looks so different but really are the same thing.

on 11/1/2012 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have thick, curly, color treated hair. I bought this product to add some shine into my blonde hair and reduce frizziness. I applied a few pumps to my hands and worked it through damp hair. After letting it completely dry, I did notice a significant amount of added shine! The only problem is that I needed a lot of defrizzing; The product didn't seem to do any of that for me. So, 2 stars it is. It really only did half of what it promised and I wouldn't buy it again because of that.

on 10/25/2012 10:33:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE the Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Anti-Frizz Serum. I feel like this doubles as both a hair care and hair styling product. It has some nourishing ingredients like argan oil (making it a great hair care product) but also helps my hair look great and easier to manage/style! Since this claims to moisturize, smooth frizz, and add shine, I'll discuss those three points more, as well as a few other things....
MOISTURIZING: This is very moisturizing, especially with the nourishing argan oil. For some reason, the bottom layers of my hair are dry (even though the upper/top layers are not--odd!) and this totally softens my dry hair!
SMOOTHING: This definitely fights frizz! This gives my hair a sleek look and feel, and I especially notice it helping the bottom layers that tend to be a little frizzier. This is the best product I've tried to help with that!
SHINE: This really does add a little boost of shine to my hair, giving it an extra healthy look!
PACKAGING: I love the packaging, especially because it comes in a pump bottle that can be opened/closed depending on which direction you turn the lid/dispenser. That way, I don't have to worry about it spilling or leaking in my bag, as long as it is closed.
SMELL: This has a sweet, fruity smell, which is fantastic, in my opinion.
PRICE/AVAILABILITY: I've seen this product at many stores (WalMart, Target, Walgreen's, etc), but I got mine at Smith's Marketplace for around $4, I believe it was.... I think it's a great deal, especially since it's a cheaper alternative to getting straight-up argan oil, as that can be very pricey and I honestly can't afford it!
HOW I USE IT: I use this almost every morning before styling my hair (usually when it's just a bit damp). I use about one pump--or maybe even half a pump; a little goes a long way--and gently massage it into the ends of my hair with my hands, and then put whatever is left over on the rest of my hair from about the ears down. It makes my hair smooth, shiny, healthy, and easier to style afterward!

on 10/13/2012 5:50:00 PM

Life changing product for my hair. I've been using it for a few months and this has made my hair look and feel so smooth, soft, light, and more manageable. I have had long colored/highlighted hair (and lots of it) for years and it has always been unpredictable when I would have a good hair day. This product has made my hair have good hair days everyday.!I especially love how my hair looks when I do a wavey/beachy hair with it. This is now my favorite can't-live-without hair product. I never would have thought this low-priced drug-store-brand product could have me convinced!

Popular Styling Products