October 22, 2014 | 1945 users online

Blush - NARS - Angelika

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 8:27:00 AM More reviews by pemily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this blush!! So easy to apply!! A much better version of macs pink swoon!!
Not a fan of nars packaging looks great but smudges!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Eolo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

With Fall and the colder months at my front door, I decided to purchase a pink blush, while Orgasm remains my absolute favorite of all I've worn so far, while I still have MAC's Amazon Princess, its high pigmentation makes it hard to blend it seamlessly considering I'm a dude and one itsy bitsy distraction immediately transforms me into pink clown on parade.

What I like about NARS blushes is their amazing color selections and so far all of those I've tried with shimmer have it in a very balanced way that gives your skin a bit of sheen with it being glittery or unnatural, Angelika remains true to form. A cotton candy, blue toned pink gives you that extra bit of flush while still giving you that no-makeup look.

However, this is not a long duration blush and you might have to reapply it ever so slightly as it tends to fade throughout the day. Definitely something I'll repurchase, however it seems to me that it's going to last me a long while.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 11:26:00 PM More reviews by LTalkington

Great blush for my fair freckled skin. Some fallout of shimmer but layered with laguna bronzed is gorgeous! If I ever run out I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2011 10:48:00 PM More reviews by kisstheradio

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this a little while ago and I like it. Personally, it's not a color that I can just slap on every day - it's a little cool-toned on my NC25 skin - but it's very pigmented, and the the glitter is pretty without being over the top. The packaging is sturdy and gorgeous (just wipe it down if you get fingerprints/makeup on it). I won't be rebuying this color because I'll probably never run out, but I'll definitely be looking into other NARS blushes in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2011 6:49:00 AM More reviews by filarei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Angelika is a hot pink and lilac combo, and on my cheeks they apply almost reddish due to my yellow based foundation. Anyway the powder texture of angelika is slightly grainy and there are fallouts when I use it. I expect powder fallouts but because NARS packaging is rubbery, the powder tend to stick to it and it's hard to get it off, so quite a messy application every time I use it even if I'm careful.
Overall colour changes a little bit, slightly hard to blend on cheeks evenly and messy packaging.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by jueykang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Beautiful bright, gold-shimmery pink blush! I love it, its so fun and cute and looks amazing on. (:

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by melkin19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

SUCH a nice blush. It's become a staple in my makeup bag. It's a really pretty pink and has the perfect amount of golden sparkle to it. It looks more golden in the pan than it does on my face though.

With a light hand it's subtle, but a very barbie type pink could be easily done when applied to heavily. This is my first NARS blush I've owned and I can't wait to try more!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 7:52:00 PM More reviews by bella418

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

another NARS products that i am absolutely in love with. i got this in the laguna bronzer/angelika blush and gloss set at sephora. even though i have yellow undertones in my fair skin, this color perks my face up! i layer it over laguna blush and i love the the "lush" effect i get. finish off with the gloss and literally i feel like thats all my face needs. brings out my blue eyes really well! oh, and the texture of the product is great. blendable and doesnt get blotchy what so ever on my oily skin and stays on all day.. LOVE

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by lareinarumbera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

another blush that looks absolutely scary in the pan, but gorgeous on the cheeks. rule of thumb - even if it looks scary in the pan, try it! often, the brighter the blush, the more brightening effect it has on the skin. you can start with a little bit and build until it's the intensity you want.

color: cool bubblegum/barbie/babydoll pink with white-gold glitter (glitter, not the fine milled shimmer you'll see in orgasm/deep throat/taj mahal etc.)

texture: finely milled powder, like other NARS powder blushes.

on my neutral-light asian skin (MAC NC15-20/NW20, bobbi brown cool beige) this shows up a perky, colorful, but still natural pink. personally i am not a fan of cool toned colors that have a lot of purple/plum on my cheeks/lips as it tends to suck the life out of me/look as if i have bruised cheeks, but angelika is a true pink on my cheeks, very energetic & pretty. i apply using a MAC 168 angled cheek brush and blend with an ecotools bronzer/kabuki brush if needed. there is glitter but i feel like it just falls off in a couple of hours, and it is not overly glittery/shimmery in the way that super orgasm is glittery.

i alternate amongst angelika, deep throat (peach with gold), orgasm (peachy pink with gold) and cactus flower (coral poppy red with gold), depending on which colors i happen to be wearing that day. generally i like warmer colors but angelika is cool toned without being too purple/plummy on the skin, so i enjoy wearing it.

angelika is particularly gorgeous with cooler pink lip colors and would be lovely on cooler toned, fair-to-medium skin tones. it is more youthful and fun than mata hari (another cool pink from NARS), and not quite as intense as desire (which would be beautiful on cool, medium-to-dark skinned ladies). a must try if you like pink blushes - great lasting power, great texture, and great value.

cheek-lip combo recommendations: angelika with... guerlain rouge g de guerlain - gaela (cool bright pink), chanel rouge coco - rose dentelle (soft cool pink), chanel glossimer - astral (cellophane pink), mica (ballet pink) & wild rose (MLBB rose-pink), clinique long last glosswear - clearly pink (bright clear pink), bamboo pink (silver pink) & kissyfit (berry pink), NARS lipstick - funny face (fuchsia) & schiap (hot shocking pink).

if you liked angelika, you might want to check out: MAC dollymix, bobbi brown pale pink, peony & pink sugar blushes. continued >>

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2011 1:00:00 AM More reviews by VivaLaEleanor

This is a gorgeous, surprisingly natural blush! This looks crazy in the pan, a bubblegum pink with lotsss of sparkle. However, on the cheek it looks actually kind of natural and extremely pretty. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a natural, girly pink.