Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is the review for the one in the tube.

This is the only eye primer that I've tried so far that doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes and make them watery. Lorac's eye primer and NAR's eye primer both make me tear my makeup off which is unfortunate because I find that the UD primer potion leaves too much of a residue. I like how much smoother NARS' and Lorac's primers are.

My foundation always looks weird when laid on top of UD's primer potion, no matter how long I let it dry or how I set it or how little I use. Because of this, this potion is a terrible under-eye primer because it just dries in this pattern that will stay on your face. I find it harder to blend eyeshadow on top of this primer too.

The other day, I tried Jaclyn Hill's technique of just setting your concealer and foundation with powder as an eye primer and my lids did not crease at all but I do have dry skin. In fact, my eyeshadow creased MORE using UD's eye primer! The only thing is I like about this primer is that it does make your shadow pop out a little more and make the pigment stand out. My eyeshadow did get muddier throughout the day without a primer but I think I will try an eyeshadow base like NYX milk to see if it has the same effect of making my eyeshadows stand out!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Love this primer! I own nyx's natural eyeshadow palette which is a terrible palette as the shadows only stay about max 2 hours on my oily eyelids. However, with urban decay's eyeshadow primer , the eyeshadows lasted 6-8 hours on me, which is totally amazing ! My only complaint is that the primer tends to 'stick' to dry patches on my face (like at the ends on my brows) and even rubbing away the primer at my dry spots won't help, so usually I have to wash it off. I bought the travel sized primer which lasted me a long time so I would definitely repurchase :)

I wasn't expecting to be super impressed, as I'm an eye shadow junkie and won't even consider using eye shadow without a primer. But wow, the quality of this eye shadow primer is amazing!!

This eye shadow primer has been on my list for a very long time and I finally bought it.

The packaging is so cute and the applicator is actually quite useful. The actual primer works very well and keeps my eye shadow from flaking off. The only downside is the high price point. However, it will last you a very long time so it's worth it.

I got a free tester when I bought the Urban Decay Smoked palette - literally lasted me over a year just for the sample. Well worth the money for the full sized one I bought immediately. Amazing to use without even putting any eyeshadow on top, just gives you a well polished look removing all the red marks I have with such pale skin. Once I applied it, put my eyeshadow on which I then messed up so had to take it all off, it took me so long to try and rub my eyeshadow off it works so well, 100% worth the money. Also I am addicted to the smell.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Love this!! Great for oily and hooded lids!!! Makes a huge difference in my eyeshadow staying on longer!! It's the first thing to go on my lids. You could definately tell if I skipped this step. I loved it so much after I finally ran out, I bought another one immediately without questioning it. I recommend this one constantly to everyone!

Love this eye shadow primer. It keeps my eye shadow on all day and night and through sweat and rain. If i am to nit pick, when you apply this on your eyelid, it kind of feels a little dry and not that easy to blend, it does cover some discolouration but if you do not blend properly, I feel like with a magnifying mirror I can see that the application is patchy. This does not seem to affect the look of the eye shadow placed on top of it, but I'm just picky like that.

Price wise, I find it reasonable. I only ever use a super tiny amount every single time anyway. Ever since they changed the packaging to the squeezy tube, it lasts even longer.

This primer is really good!
But I think it's a little too expensive...
Otherwise it's a very good one and I would recommend this one!

Sweden, 14

I bought this after using and loving the little sample that came with my Naked 3 Palette. I have this in the squeezy tube, which I think is the best way to deliver the product. A little bit goes a long way. I spread a little dab, 1/2 the size of a pea, across both eyelids and give it a minute to set. Then I apply my powder shadows. My eye shadow lasts all day without creasing, as promised, when I use this. I would definitely repurchase, though I wish Urban Decay would bring back the squeezy tube rather than the doe foot wand!

Wow...I guess you could say my rating is part of the minority...I absolutely HATED this product! My eyeshadow creased within five hours and was a mess! Not worth the money or the hype! I will stick to my milani eye primer.

Video Reviews & Tutorials