September 21, 2014 | 1802 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I brought this via 'Ulta' online looking for an eyeshadow primer to help my eyeshadow pigment last. When this came it was tinted - I would have preferred a clear finish but I overlooked it. I first used this on my hand and noted the texture was off but after a few minutes the color seemed to fade and texture seemed to settle or something. I wasn't sure exactly what happend and I figured maybe it was just a one time experence..........................
WRONG!
About 2 days later I tried this on my eyes before applying my eyeshadow. I think I poured to much into my palm as I was uncertain of how much I should use. This went on silky but it did not blend well and the pigment in this did not seem to fade this time. The product blended and collected at the outer corner of my eyebrow making it look like I had a dry skin patch. When I attempted to blend it out the color dragged and smeared down a line and pooled up to enlarge my pores. I went to fix the area of my eyebrow next and the patch it gathered in was stubborn and could not be reduced in appearance even when I rubbed some off the small gathering stayed there and the rest of the makeup just rolled up.
I don't know what caused this as the ingredients seemed okay and there was not any excess acylates. My guess was that it was a silicone base with talcum powder or maybe a bad batch that made my scenario. So sad it didn't work for me so I will return it and alas my search for an eyeshadow primer will continue.
On the plus side it did make help prolong my eyemakeup and the packing is pretty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

Serves its purpose could be less expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by InParadiseIsland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My eyeshadow would look terrible without this primer, it makes my eyeshadow last HOURS, I like the fact that it comes in a tube and that I can control the amount that comes out of it. I'm not very fond of the price even though you get a TON of product in there, you can ask the sales lady for a sample as urban decay is very generous with their samples and they actually come with a lot more product than you think.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by enr34id

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The ULTIMATE summer survival must-have. And it lasts forever despite its .37 oz packaging.

I don't use this much in winter because I don't have oily lids that run my makeup, but in the summer when I feel my face pulsating from the heat, this is a definite staple in my routine. It locks all the shadow, liner (liquid and pencil), and concealer in place. Even after a day my makeup still looks acceptable and I can easily go from day to night without having to redo my eyes. A little goes a long way!

The squeeze tube is a VAST improvement from the old wand packaging. Definitely worth its money :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by JezebelTruant

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not having this in a makeup bag is just not an option for anyone beyond a novice skill level.

If you are going to wear eyeshadow, UDPP is a *requirement.* Sure, you can apply eye makeup without it-- but in the same way you can make a cup of instant coffee when you could have made a French Press. Why even bother?

It keeps makeup in place until you work to get it off. It makes even the most translucent, weak pigmented shadow pop boldly. It prevents creasing.

The only thing I dislike about it is that I can feel that I am wearing it. It feels a bit like tissue paper. It's a minor, minor thing that gets forgotten about after a bit on wear and so very worth it for the benefits.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 11:21:00 AM More reviews by foofighter99

Ok, I have never used an "eyeshadow primer" and I recently purchased the Urban Decay Naked3 Palette (my big obsessive splurge) and it came with 4 sample size primer pouches.

This stuff is amazing....honestly, I can't believe it. Cements the eyeshadow to your eye. I work long hours (12-13 in a day) and this stuff stays put. I don't know what it's made of and personally don't really care because it's a miracle I say. (yet removes easily).

Where has this been my whole life? I will be purchasing a full size tube. I use a miniscule amount and it just makes my eyeshadow drastically different.

Way to go Urban Decay! (clapping all around) Now I will have to write a review about UD Naked 3 Palettte - yum!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by rs02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a free sample of this when I purchased the UD naked palette. It's an okay primer--my eyeshadow looks more vibrant & stays put (for the most part). After a few hours, though, my eyeshadow creases. I've noticed that when I take off my makeup at the end of the day, my creases are dry/flaky. I would like it better if it didn't irritate my lids.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by SummerDay89

How could anyone give this lower than 5?!? This stuff is seriously a truly amazing product. Put it on, then my liquid eyeliner and eyeshadow, drove to the airport, went on the plane, got off, went swimming and everything was STILL ON!! This is amazing at keeping both eyeshadow and liquid eyeliner fresh and in place. It is also phenomenal for under eye concealer that you can't stand creasing after smiling. 100% go out and buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2014 4:53:00 AM More reviews by ringu

Super LOVEEE.. For daily make up to party.. It just work so well..

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Callmecorrina

I have been using this nonstop for the past 2 years, I trust no other primer for my VERY OILY lids. I wear eyeshadow daily, whether it is a neutral everyday look or a full on smokey eye. This is an eye primer I can actually rely on, it has a good consistency, not too thick or thin & the primer does a good job at neutralizing my lid. The eye shadows are more vibrant and stay on MUCH longer with this primer, i would not say its a 12 hour or 24 wear, but you'll get a good 6-8 hours use . One tube usually lasts me 8-10 months with everyday use and its only 14$, a great price for students on a budget. The only con i have about it is, I have mono lids, so yes the primer does seem to crease towards my inner crease, but its not a huge problem. I recommend this to everyone.