Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 2/15/2015 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Yes it definitely keeps shadows in place and extends wear time, but I haven't noticed it make eyeshadow pigments more vibrant. I totally agree that this is a great primer for oily lids. I don't usually have oily lids though, so it can be overkill, even drying at times. I can also see how it can be irritating as I don't have terribly sensitive eyes but can still experience patchy skin and redness when removing it. It's not all the time for me, but still something to consider. This is the main reason it's not my daily go to, but it is in my overnight bag so gets frequent use. The packaging is attractive and I love UD, but there are some very worthy primers out there that perform just as well without irritation. Being such an iconic product I'm still going to recommend this to people with oily lids and aren't too sensitive, but probably won't repurchase myself as Lorac, Too faced and MAC all have options I find more agreeable to my own lids.

on 2/12/2015 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Initially was very impressed with this primer; it glided on nicely and kept eyeshadow in place. However it soon started to make my eyelids very red, sore and itchy. The skin on my lids changed texture too and looked tough and papery. Stopped using the primer and my eyes are clearing up. I have never had a reaction to any product before and it is a pity that I had a reaction to this as I did like it. However there is clearly something in this primer that doesn't suit my skin. I thought the price was very good for the size of the tube.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I absolutely LOVE this product! I bought the smaller version (0.15 oz) in March of 2014, and I still have so much product left over! I highly recommend this product and especially the smaller version because it lasts so long! I've tried using concealers on my eyelids but I found that the primer potion keeps my eyelids matte and no creasing all day!

EDIT:

I attended a spring break pool party for a few hours, and the weather was extremely humid and hot, and super sweaty. There was so much people squeezed together, and I feared my makeup would be running down my face. It was the exact opposite! I checked my makeup on the way home and was so surprised to see my eyeshadow still intact after long sweaty hours. It looked like I just applied it. Definitely one of my best purchases.

This is now the only primer I use. I used to be one of those people that just never used primer at all because I didn't think it was worth it. But was I wrong! This was the first one I ever tried and now I don't even think of any others. Yes I've tried many brands since then. This makes all eyeshadow stick on all day and not crease at all. Sometimes it can make blending harder than with no primer at all, but definitely not like others I've used. Granted I use a lot of urban decay, but I will also use cheap drug store stuff or even homemade eyeshadow and this works for all of it. I put it on and wait a moment before applying eyeshadow. It doesn't feel like anything is on my eyelids at all and blends with my skin tone very well. I guess it does cost a bit more than others but it's not that bad and it last forever. You only need a tiny bit to cover everything from your lash to the brow. I'm starting to play around with the other urban decay primers to see if I like the others more. Regardless, this is the brand I will probably always buy from now on. It also comes off easy with makeup remover or just face wash. Good stuff!

My first and currently only eye primer, I don't have anything to compare this to. It definitely does extend the life of my eyeshadow and prevents creasing. A little goes a long, long way. I do get oily lids and I find that this keeps my eyeshadow in place. The only reason I wouldn't repurchase is because I am interested in trying cheaper alternatives to see if there's anything comparable at a better price. If not, this will be a repurchase.

The original. The best.

Primer potion used to be my staple- but now I'm noticing that they've changed the formula. Anyone else having this issue? For me, its very watery. Even after shaking it up, the first squirt is this oily type of substance. Also, I never had to shake it before. Then I put it on, and it seems to highlight all the dry patches on my eyelids. What gives? And my eyeshadow creases with this stuff! Right in the inner part of my eyelid, I've been having major creasing. So sad :( probably gonna switch to Milani eye primer for a cheaper alternative that will hopefully do a better job.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love love love this primer. I would use this under my eyeshadow whenever I would go to concerts. Even after sweating for hours my eyeshadow would stay vibrant! I only wish the price was lower.

on 2/3/2015 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

While this is pretty expensive compared to most of my other makeup, this may be the single best makeup purchase I've ever made. While it's not foolproof, I can put this onto my eyes and my eyeshadow won't crease for hours. Usually I have to smooth it out about halfway through the day, but it works well! I don't rebuy it very often because it lasts forever. I'm so glad they got rid of the mascara-like bottle. You can get every last dredge out of the current squeeze bottle. The texture is like a thick cream foundation. It doesn't have a smell, even after having it for several years. However, it does occasionally need to be remixed as the liquid portion will separate.

Yep. Works. Keeps your eye shadow on without creases. What more do you need?

Video Reviews & Tutorials