April 17, 2014 | 988 users online

Stick - Shiseido - The makeup Stick Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2010 7:19:00 AM More reviews by doremina

Due to this item's price, I think it's the worst buy I have ever made! I got it because I wanted some medium coverage on my problem areas, but well, it can't be used for that because it accentuates my dry spots beyond belief!!! Besides that, if I don't buff it in completely, after an hour I can see it melting and gliding down my skin... Yuck! And I am not even that oily! So disappointing!
Edit: @ maithy - moisturizing isn't the problem, this foundation is. Other foundations eather helped me with dry flakes or emphasised them a little bit, but this was out of the ordinary.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2010 12:58:00 AM More reviews by YourCoff1nOrM1ne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ive had one of these rolling around in my drawer for sooo long but never really got around to playing with it, and after seeing the reviews on here, id thought id give it a go!

Ive been getting a few dry flaky areas on my face and liquid+ powder can accentuate this, but this stick doesn't at all! as everyone says, its really creamy and really truly does melt into the skin.

it has a pretty decent coverage, not heavy, and looks great with a powder on top. today im wearing it with a light dusting of revlon's colour stay mineral finishing powder in suntan matte and its looking pretty good!

Im going to give up the liquid for a bit and see how this goes! I have it in I00 and im a mac NW25. The I00 is a tad light, but with a powder over it, makes a great colour!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2009 2:34:00 PM More reviews by AnnaMaria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is an amazing foundation. The first stick foundation I have found and loved. It is complete holy grail material. It blends seamlessly into my skin, melts and provides nice but not heavy coverage. Natural looking -- me but better and more polished. I have fallen in love with it -- and I am a TOTAL foundation junkie. I highly recommend this and will be purchasing this forever. Just applies beautifully, wears beautifully, looks great. I wish I had discovered this sooner. I could have saved LOADS of money on foundations that are not as amazing for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2009 12:13:00 AM More reviews by dpav

This is my first foundation purchase, and I think I just got the wrong one for myself. This is a real full coverage foundation which I really don't like and don't need. Plus, using the stick to dispense the product, it's pretty un-hygiene. In particular, I don't use it often, so after a while, I somehow see some discoloration on the foundation and that may be moles. Thus, I have to throw this away.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2009 7:34:00 AM More reviews by cremebrulee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A bit expensive and my oily skin still needs powder over it to hold off oil. I am a MAC NC20 and BB Ivory. My exact shade for this? I20. Disappears into my skin without even blending.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2009 11:21:00 PM More reviews by mmarrs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Very good foundation Love the way the color matched my skin tone and the coverage was great I love full coverage. It wears very well. I loved everything about this but the price:0 I think you can almost do the same with pan stick however this does float on nicer and color is better and it smells nice It feels like it has powder added to the stick makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2009 10:29:00 AM More reviews by katiebaby87

Beautiful foundation! Matches my skin tone perfectly, great coverage with a flawless, natural finish. I don't mind the fragrance at all. Compared to other shiseido foundations this little stick gives you a generous amount of product for your money, but I still go through it quite quickly. The consistency is just a little too heavy for my skin which can make it hard to blend, otherwise I just love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2009 5:07:00 PM More reviews by aliceayres

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i initially bought Dual Balancing and was totally disappointed with having to blot every hour on the hour. i went back and the SA suggested this (i also had seen the reviews for it). at first i wasn't too sold on it, but that was my fault- my application was a little flawed. also, this may dry you out a bit if your face is having a bit of a dry spell. it also seemed to call attention to any dry bits (but this seems to be the norm). i barely have to blot this! the coverage is totally buildable, i am recovering form a the horomonal breakout form hell, and it covers all of the red marks. i can build the coverage, and i still cannot feel it on my skin (unlike how it is with MAC's Studio Fix Fluid IMO). even at the end of the day, i am not hankering to run home and wash my face off immediately. my face can actually BREATHE.

my only quarrels are with the shade difference. in Dual Balancing i'm an O40, and i picked up the same shade and it's a bit too dark (but not OH MY GOD i'm orange dark- i just look a little bit more tanned). for reference, i'm in-between an NC25 and NC20. the fragrance is overwhelming for me as well.

in terms of application, on a clean face i will make a few marks on the forehead, one on the nose, a few (kind of like whiskers) coming from around the nose to the cheeks. i then blend with a damp sponge. i add extra coverage where i need more, blend a little more, and set with MUFE HD Microfinish powder.

edit: taking it down by one lippie... i bought the lighter color and it's too light! so where does THAT leave me?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2009 1:09:00 PM More reviews by auburngal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Why isn't this under the "Stick" subcategory? Oh well...

I rebought this last night after trolling Nordstrom's to find my match. I had wasted money on a Bobbi Brown stick foundation (need a stick for travel) that didn't match. No BB matches - all too yellow. Same for Laura Mercier (what's with makeup artists and very yellow foundations anyway?). So back to Shiseido I went. I've had the compact makeup foundation before and the stick, and in both forms the color is true, at least for me (I wear I00 Very Light Ivory). I like the texture of stick foundations in general, having dry skin. The SPF 17 or so that Shiseido adds is a plus in my opinion, though I wear a sunscreen moisturizer everyday always. It's pricey, but not as expensive as either BB or LM. The case is like everyone's, not meant to be seen. No discernible scent (good for me with sensitive skin). Finally, I have rosacea and find this to feel good on my skin, even if my skin is bare. I apply it in different ways, depending upon the amount of coverage I want. Right now I like a foundation brush (Posh's is good and cheap).
Bottom line: foundation has to match your skintone, IMO. Stick foundation is good for drier skin, bad for oilier skins. Shiseido's color line is pretty complete across skintones. If you are having trouble finding your match, give Shiseido a try.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2009 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Windupdolly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I loved the idea of this product but it was not right for me. Although the color was a great match for my skin (Shade 20) It seemed to really emphasize the flakes on my face, it needed frequent touch-ups, and it had an unnecessary added fragrance.