October 22, 2014 | 2043 users online

Treatments - Creative Nail Design - Solar Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 10:58:00 AM More reviews by ilovemacchiato

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This allowed my nail polish to dry quickly. I was able to apply 3 coats in 30 minutes without a smudge. The side benefit is moisturized cuticles. It smells funky, but I don't care!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by wixter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This does the job perfectly. It hydrates my cuticles, keeps them looking nice, and really strengthens my nails. My nails usually break two or three times a week. I've been using this since July. and I've only had five broken nails between then and now! Give this a try if you find yourself in the same boat. It sinks in quickly and has a really pleasant almond oil scent that dissipates after three or four minutes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 1:25:00 PM More reviews by LookingGood85

I have just bought another bottle of this fantastic nail oil. I used Nails Inc Vit E twist up nail pen/brush. It was ok, nothing major tbh. I used to use Solar oil years ago, but since ive not used acrylics in years, Ive never thought to re-buy it! Anyways, had my acrylics done last week and promptly ordered a bottle of this. I adore it. No other nail oil comes close! Just brush some of the oil onto the cuticle of each nail, leave for a min, then massage into the whole of the tip of the finger, nail, and cuticle. It soaks right in! My cuticles look amazing after only about 3 days use!!! Aso the smell is to die for! Nice and sweet! Almost like marzipan, but then a tiny bit fruity! Love this, wont use any other nail oil!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2011 12:58:00 PM More reviews by mmariecrys

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Solar Oil was all the rave years ago when I first joined MUA. I first brought the brush-on oil, then brought the tube, however the tube didnít seem as penetrating as the brush-on. Then when I learned that this is basically almond oil, I just brought a big bottle of pure sweet almond oil and refilled my SO bottle. Since then Iíve also discovered that apricot kernel oil works the best on my nails and cutes, so that is now my choice of cuticle treatment.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2011 12:05:00 PM More reviews by minyuette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I honestly didn't see any improvement from this stuff, it smelled nice and seemed to absorb quickly but other than that I don't really see the benefit. For example I keep a tub of Burt's Bees cuticle cream in my desk at work because I get weird stink-eye looks from coworkers when I try using solar oil at work--I guess anything applied to the nail area via brush MUST be polish. So, I use the Burt's Bees at work and every time I apply the stuff my cuticle area just feels moisturized for the rest of the day. If I use solar oil I don't get that. It does however go under the nail much easier than the Burt's Bees, so I will give it that. =p

FWIW I've used almost a full bottle so far (the small size) so I've been using it but I probably won't buy it again.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by hippiepippie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

What is there to say that hasn't already been said? I love, love, love this oil and keep repurchasing it over and over again! LOVE!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by angelinuh

It never really occurred to me that a cuticle oil could get better than just an olive oil or coconut oil, but this is great! I bite my nails and do cut my cuticles off (I know, I know....) and this makes my nails healthier and less annoying with their dry edges. I have tried the Sallie Mae brand and nothing compares to the absorption and mosturizing quality of solar oil. The brush doesn't fray and a little goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2011 5:43:00 AM More reviews by brownie_953

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Solar Oil is my favorite nail/cuticle oil that I've come across so far. It's easy to apply, has a pleasant smell and absorbs into the cuticles, nails (if I'm not wearing polish that day) and under the tip of the nails relatively quickly. I then rub up any excess onto my fingers and hands. I find that all I need to do is apply this once a day (for me before bed) and within a few days, I see positive results -- no stray cuticles and no dried out skin around or under the tip of my nails.

I've ordered Solar Oil on ebay where you can purchase it at reduced prices and in various sizes.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2011 11:51:00 PM More reviews by JordanGalore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Solar oil didnt do much for my nails. Its a very thin oil that absorbs fast but didnt do much to keep my cuticles moisturized. Its pricey but smells lovely and the packaging is pratical which calls for two lippies. I would not repurchase this oil because I believe that the oil(s) you usually keep in your kitchen would work just as fine. Or even vitamin e oil. I would suggest doing what the reviewer did below and make your own "solar oil".

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2011 3:25:00 AM More reviews by CrimsonSmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this due to the hype. It's okay but the fake almond/ marzipan smell is overpowering. It's a very thin oil and not well absorbed. it doesn't do that much for my cuticles and feels kinda squeeky as I massage it in.

I have OPI avoplex oil as welll and much prefer it to this. (Even neat almond oil is better). the OPI oil is thicker and more emoliant and gives a deeper softening effect, and feels much nicer to massage in.