September 17, 2014 | 1726 users online

Pressed Powders - Christian Dior - Diorskin Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2005 10:33:00 AM More reviews by tiina009

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

My Clinique clarifying pressed powder ran out a few days ago, so i wanted to find a good replacement, tho Clinique's was working perfectly for me, i wanted something new. I had the last one for 4 months.
So... this is thr first day im using it.. It does give a very natural look,yet it doesnt stay on for a long time. But thats ok with me,cause i got a very dry skin on my chin and cheeks,so im more worried about the flakiness than the occasional touch-ups that are nessesary.. So its a so and so powder. I will see how it works but i dont think i would repurcahse it, i will probably try to find something better and something different again..:)
and what bothers me about it, is the velvety casing, you touch it once , and it already gets dirty. and the sponge or pad for applying the powder is also totally useless.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2005 5:30:00 PM More reviews by zhejia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent compact powder. Very natural looking plus good coverage. But it didn't last for a whole day. Another thing is the size is too small. It run out very fast and the center park always run out first which makes it is so hard to apply afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2005 7:16:00 PM More reviews by AnnaMaria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Love this powder. I dropped my Becca pressed powder and it shattered (rubberized case, powder, everything). So I was on a quest for a good (or better) replacement. I tried Chanel Purete Mat (in the lightest shade). It's nice enough. I didn't return it, but I won't be repurchasing it. The lightest shade is too dark and yellow for me. It just didn't work for me. So, on a whim after reading good reviews, I decided to try DiorSkin Pressed Powder. It is PERFECT for me. It gives a flawless finish and doesn't make me look overdone. I have it in the lightest shade, which matches my skin tone perfectly. It's not too yellowy like SO many powders are. And the DiorSkin beats the Becca powder. This is one I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2005 8:01:00 AM More reviews by littlelamb

This is exactly like my HG product: Agnes B's pressed powder, which is unfortunately discontinued in UK. It gives a v. smooth finish to my combo/acne prone skin w/ large pores. The powder comes in a small plastic compact with velvet navy pouch. It;is for finishing the skin, rather than absorbing oil (which I use Crabtree & Evelyn Blotting papers for)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2005 9:17:00 AM More reviews by rocker

This is a pretty average pressed powder for the price. It's a little too pinky for me and it really doen't do a great job of controlling oil for more than a few hours. I don't love the packaging either, the blue plastic container is way bigger than the actual powder. It's just unnecessary bulk to make the powder compact look bigger for no reason. I'll probably finish it up, but I won't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2005 11:36:00 AM More reviews by peaudane

this is my HG powder! I have it in the lightest shade and have bought it again and again. It feels really soft and is very light on. You really can't tell I'm wearing anything, yet it evens out my skintone very nicely. I use it directly over my sunscreen. I don't use foundation. I like this powder better than any other powder I've tried, including Armani. The only thing I don't like about it is the applicator. It is thin, flimsy, useless. It would be convenient to have an applicator you could use for touch-ups but you really need to carry a seperate retractable brush. I'm still giving it 5 lippies because the quality of this powder is just great!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2004 3:45:00 AM More reviews by seattlesocialite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love all their products. Even if it was a no name makeup company, I'd still buy it. Great quality,nice packaging,lots of shades to choose from. Worth whatever they price it at. They always run out of my choice of shade, 303B , but It's the only powder I use. I don't care for Maybelline or Covergirl, even if their powder was 1.00 and I did'nt have a lot to spend on makeup, I'd give up my mascara and gloss just to have CD powder.It makes you look flawless in the dim lights or dark nights out, when you want to achieve that "impeccable skin" look,esp. when you use heavy coverage.COmes with a sponge and a cute blue compact that has a mirror inside! If you have nice skin and don't need or use heavy makeup, this is still a great powder. Makes you look like you are'nt wearing any makeup at all, and all the girls will envy you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2004 11:39:00 AM More reviews by KateJ

This is a good powder for those looking for medium to heavy coverage and a matte look (you can vary the coverage level by using a brush vs applying w/ the enclosed sponge). I bought it in "100" which is slightly lighter than my NC20/25 complexion. It does brighten my skin & totally evens out my complexion. It reminds me of slightly lighter StudioFix coverage ie: not the most natural, best used on special occasions (as opposed to everyday), but when used, renders your complexion flawless. I use this powder only occasionally when I am looking for heavier coverage & the illusion of a flawless face, for instance for parties or clubbing. I LOVE the package - it is quite small and delicate, dark blue with Gold accents and "Dior" on the cover. Much nicer and more compact than my ridiculously large YSL compact.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2004 10:41:00 AM More reviews by monicako

Luxury so fine that your skin just looks like a movie stars.. you can't see powder stuck in lines or on dry skin.. it's so light it's truly beautiful. Goes well with diorskin fluid as the fluids are slightly sticky and hold your powders and blushes nicely!