October 25, 2014 | 1759 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Arena

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2010 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Missmb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not quite sure why "Arena" is such a revered eyeshadow. The color looks rather nice in the pan, but the color payoff is severely lacking. I really have to get a lot on my eyeshadow brush to get some good pigmentation on my lid. It can't be my skin tone- I have very fair skin that almost every color shows up on- so it's probs the shadow itself. There are so many other MAC browns that have better payoff than Arena and are similar colors. Soft brown is a better alternative. Amber Lights is also similar.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 3:19:00 PM More reviews by SareenaS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I absolutely love this eyeshadow! It goes on so smooth and is perfect for an all over lid colour. I like wearing this to work or when I want a neutral look. It really brightens up my eye area and looks great with black mascara. Really makes my lashes stand out! Its fool proof and perfect for those days when I am running late and dont have time to do my make up.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by adamsboo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this color --- a soft, shimmery peach! Looks great on ladies w/blue eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Chester99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

As other reviewers have already said, this is a peachy color that works fantastically as a lid color. It's very work-appropriate, blends nicely and works well with neutral and warm browns, bronzes and golds. A universal color and a staple in my neutral palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2010 6:50:00 AM More reviews by ARainbowChild

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was the first MAC shadow I ever purchased, and being a general make-up newbie, I went to the counter at MAC to find an eye shadow which will bring out my very blue eyes. I have quite pale skin and she suggested Arena as it was a nice peachy colour which would make the blue pop. When I first started wearing it i was a bit scared as it seemed quite peachy/orangey and left it for months. I then rediscovered my love for it, and found with Arena on the lid, and Shroom on the brow bone just makes my lids glow, and also my eyes stand out beautifully. This is an extremely underrated MAC shadow!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by loveableqtpie212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm going to start off by saying that my skin tone can range from nc40-45 in the summer. I just re-discovered arena, and I can say it's my HG everyday e/s for when I want a polished, but not made up look. Like the reviewer below me, all that glitters is my favorite neutral e/s, but it can be a little to shimmery for daytime. For a while I was using era e/s as a my lid but better look, but it didn't have enough oomph. Then I remembered I had arena and gave it another try. It is the perfect everyday e/s imo. It has a soft, buttery texture, and a nice satin finish, that makes my lids glow. What I love most about arena though is how it evens out my eyelids, creating a nice bright eyed, well rested effect. My lids are naturally a little darker than the rest of my skin tone, since arena is a peachy shade, it cancels out the dark tone (similar to the way BB corrector works for my under eye circles). Even though it looks really peachy at first, after I blend the the e/s out, it looks like my skin but better. My lids look bright, fresh, with a nice soft glow, and my brown eye color pops. It's also one of macs best colors b/c it can last all day on my semi-oily lids without primer. I will continue to repurchase arena as long as they make it. I just love how such a simple e/s can achieve such a polished look in only a few seconds, just one swipe, and I'm good to go :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by ingyfish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this is my everyday eyeshadow colour, i love it!!! i had all that glitters as my favourite first but i find this more natural. LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 2:16:00 PM More reviews by dayana

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Ladies I have to confess that I have been wearing arena for almost a year because after reading the reviews I was hoping that it would be popping the green in my hazel-olive eyes; but always looked chalky and cheap, no matter if I paired with my beloved Lancome's ones. But today, I decided to gave it the last chance....tried it with a sample of NARS base eyeshadow.....and oh my God!!!! What a difference! my eyes looked awesome even without eyeliner or mascara, now imagine when I finished my makeup!!! Holy Grail for sure!!!! I decided also that my Urban Decay primer will go right to the trash can, oh yeah!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by dianaec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's definitely not exciting, but I use this almost every day as a neutral base and either leave it on it's own or add to it. It IS a neutral but it's got a bit of peach in it and it brightens up the eye area nicely. I believe it's a satin finish which is also perfect for everyday.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2010 1:33:00 PM More reviews by Daantje3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I use this colour as a lid colour and i really like it for a neutral daytime looks. Looks lovely with my blonde hair and green eyes!