March 1, 2015 | 1724 users online

Liquid - Dior - Teint Dior Eclat Satin Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2006 5:20:00 PM More reviews by lancana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think this could be a pretty great foundation for those of you with normal to oily skin! However, my skin is rather dry, so it wasn't really all that perfect for me because it felt a (little) bit too drying.
It has a good staying power, somewhere around medium coverage and a nice radiant, but matt-ish finish.
Number 100, the lightest shade available, was to my suprise a bit too light for me. (Altough Pure Light version in #100 was just perfect.)
So, if your skin is not on the dry side I would definitely encourage you to try this one :)
For me, unfortunately, the quest continuous...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2006 2:32:00 AM More reviews by addiktdtoprodukt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have bought and returned several foundations over the past few months. I have used Mary Kay Day Radiance for years, and was satisfied with what it delivered. As with all good things, it has been discontiued. I have had the most difficult time finding a new foundation. I would have never believed that they could be so different. I tried Laura Mercier, LORAC, Nars, and several brands of mineral foundations. I found that the mineral foundations accentuated every pore and line in my face. Every brand I bought seemed to settle into the fine lines under my eyes. I had the same experience with the liquids. I didn't even know I had these lines until I saw them all filled in with over priced foundation. I went into Sephora and asked four different associates what they would recommend. Each one responded with Christian Dior. I brought home a sample, and wow! I cannot say enough about this foundation. It gives me a flawless, almost airbrushed finish. It does not settle in my fine lines or pores at all. It's a little pricey, but as long as it works for me, I don't mind.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2006 1:23:00 PM More reviews by miabaird

Very nice. Goes on smooth and looks fresh for ages. Nice even coverage and easy to blend. Expensive but worth it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2005 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Arbuz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I agree with previous rewiewer - this is the best foundation I have ever tried! It gives moisture, radiance and no mask. It stays the day long w/o caking at the end of the day. Just love it! Even in cold whearther it protects my sensitive skin. The smell is not s nice though, but it doesn't matter when the product is gourgeous. Will def purchase.
UPDATE: I've found Chanel Vitalumiere Satin Smoothing Creme Compact, wich I like better than Dior Satin Eclat. But this one is still good foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2005 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Blinkspink4Her

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best foundation I have seen my wife in.You know those first impressions of woman that make you say"where do they get that look"Christian dior"foundation gals.Her skin is flawless after this is applied.She looks like an up front flawless model.This is after over 100 foundations were put to the test.None would work for her dry and patchy skin,or microdermabrasions.This makeup brings her beauty out.It is creamy,and does not dry the skin while it stays matte.

This is her HG foundation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2005 9:58:00 PM More reviews by pulidobl

The SA suggested I try this when I returned the Diorskin fluid (see other review). I tried it for a week and though it didn't acentuate the dry spots on my face, I think the color is too pink and the fragrance is worse than the one in the Diorskin Fluid. Plus it was starting to make my skin itch (probably the fragrance). I was not impressed with this foundation, though it was not the worst I've used.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2005 12:58:00 PM More reviews by Tanjas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My skin is not as oily in winter as is in summertime so I decided to purchase a more moisturising and less matte foundation (I usually use Revlon CS foundations - love them all, especially natural). I asked for a sample size of this and other three foundations for normal to dry skin. The color match was very good (no. 200). This foundation is supposed to make skin look fresh, luminous and rested. Well, to me it did just the opposite. Don't know why, but I looked terrible tired when wearing this. The coverage was ok. Obviously foundations for normal to dry skins don't work for me. I guess I'll stick with the matte ones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2004 6:06:00 AM More reviews by sophie_lapin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ive been using it for the past month and its the perfect shade for my pale skin (200) and doesnt break me out and has good coverage that blends well!!!
Im lovin' it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2004 10:45:00 PM More reviews by firesyren

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is an excellent foundation. I was looking for something that wouldn't cling to dry skin patches on my face and yet wouldn't be greasy at the same time. Eclat Satin is a thin, runny liquid foundation that comes in the traditional Diorskin pump. One pump is enough for the whole face. It covers well, spreads over the skin easily, and doesn't sink into pores or lines. It is not matte, but not dewy, so "satin" IS a great word for the finish. Loose powder is not needed but can extend the length of time an oilier skin can go without touchup. I do have normal-oily skin (dry patches due to overly aggressive treatment of a breakout), and this does not become greasy or too shiny on me, but rather makes me look younger. I do find this to be quite similar to Chanel Vitalumiere, except it does not have the subtle "glow" that Vitalumiere provides. One thing that keeps me from giving it a 5 is the smell. It is not a smell I find pleasant. The first time I used this, I used more than one pump's worth of foundation, the smell stuck with me, on my face, all day. But with just one pump of foundation, the smell fades off my skin quickly. I am an NC15 and use shade 100, "ivory", which is the lightest shade. I think there is a chance I could even go one shade up as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2004 3:31:00 PM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

An excellent foundation, goes on smooth (excellent slip), lasts long, color stays true, and looks amazing on. The only reason I don't wear it that often is that I prefer extra SPF protection in my covereage whenever possible. Thus, for nighttime wear, this is one of my favorites--coverage is exceptionally natural with no mask like effect.