Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

Price: $

Price: $

Apple Cider Vinegar

on 11/17/2014 5:43:00 AM

If you can get past the smell (it dissipates after a while), it is the most effective pore minimizer. I've been trying different products to reduce the appearance of enlarged pores on my cheeks, but none has been this effective. I started using it neat in the beginning, but after reading reviews here decided to dilute it 1:1 with distilled water, it's still very effective. It didn't irritate my super-sensitive rosacea skin even when applied neat, I'm diluting it purely because I don't want to take any chances. I also dab a bit of a high-altitude French lavender oil neat on my red spots (acne, rosacea), it stings a bit, but the redness subsides within minutes. I would recommend lavender oil to everyone who has rosacea, it seems to have cured my condition. Now, back to the ACV, I buy a Bio version from a local shop, not Braggs, and I can't tell whether it has the "mother", but it is mirky dark amber color and it works better than the supermarket ones, which have stronger smell and lighter color. I've also started drinking 2 tbs mixed with water once a day (whenever I remember), hope it will boost the effectiveness for clearing out my skin. So far, after 2 weeks, I can say that my pores look minimal (barely visible) and I hope it will last.

on 11/12/2014 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I wanted for this to work so badly, but unfortunately not. I diluted it half and half with water and the first time putting it on my face felt a nice tingly sensation and the next morning my skin did look better! However after using it for a week, the tingly feeling went away and it didn't really seem like it was doing anything and I got a big patch of pesky pimples on my forehead that I had just gotten rid of after more than a year and a half. My skin was just starting to look better after using honey but I just can't get these pimples to go away!

on 11/11/2014 2:09:00 PM

IT WORKS!

What a catchy phrase to start my review but this is just how I feel about Organic Apple Cider Vinegar for spots/pimples.

As ACV is antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal in can help with blemishes and thighten pores. It can also help with dandruff BTW.

BUT heed the 2 commandments of DIY skincare:

1) Always use organic products!
Those products donīt have sweetners, colorants, preservatives etc. that may irritate your skin in them.
Organic products are also the most potent: You can be sure that they contain the beneficial ingredient you want. For example organic yoghurt has a a lot of lactic acid in it, whereas you cannot be sure if the standard, mass market product is even yoghurt -if you catch my drift.

2) As pure products are mostly very potent always skin patch test them or use them diluted!

I use my apple cidre vinegar in a ratio 1:1 diluted with mineral water. You can store a 0,5 water bottle with the mixture without problems in the fridge.
I apply it in the morning and evening with a cotton pad on areas that are blemish prone and it cleared my skin up in about 1 week.

It really did miracles for me and those spots are not only gone but my skin feels more healthy and glowing and I recommend it to those who like thightening and clearing toners.

on 10/17/2014 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

First of all- zits of all kinds suck. A few months ago, due to a bunch of stress and unforeseen circumstances and crappy sleeping patterns my skin started going through hell! I'm talking clogged pores all along my jaw line that would turn into enormous zits if I tried to extract them, cysts that wouldn't go away no matter what I did, and everything I MEAN EVERYTHING scarring to the point that I basically had a scar beard.

I tried almost every product out. Some would work, but not for very long or without completely turning my "healthy" skin to crap. Some were just complete wastes of money. After wreaking havok on my face with basically every single salicylate, glycolic and benzoyl peroxide product out there, I told myself no more. That I was going to try a natural, effective approach and if that did not work it was off to the dermatologist. After scouring the Internet for so long I came across a recipe for ACV toner and decided eff it. Why the hell not. I've tried everything. Now let me say- I've used this a couple of years ago but undiluted and it broke me out horribly but not this time! I made a 50/50 toner with some water and took the plunge. I did experience a tiny bit of purging that lasted about two weeks but even then, I noticed my scar-beard lightening... But after the purging my skin started looking soooo much better, smoother and brighter. I am so happy I tried this again and that it worked. A real wonder at a much cheaper price point than many other products that don't work half as well!

on 10/15/2014 3:22:00 PM

Waw I have been using ACV for years and I just realised I never wrote a review!
I come from an eastern european country, we use ACV for hair , any kind of skin problems and much much more but this review is for skincare.
I have been using it on bug bites (mosquitos and others), I used to have sunburns so I would put 50% water and 50% ACV and it would calm down my skin. If I had/have dry, tired , flakey skin on my body I would make a concoction and rub ACV, almond oil and epsom salt (or sea salt) and my skin would glow! I put an oil after that and my skin is sooo smooth and looks so nice.
For my face I make a toner I use it from time to time, not every day and not every week but when I feel that my skin needs a little glow and I don't have apples to make an apple mask. It instantly makes my skin glow and clear.
I also use it undiluted on my pimples or cysts and by next day they are smaller and not so red anymore.
I am never without ACV.

on 9/30/2014 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this as a toner with 50/50 rose water and it's stopped my breakouts completely. My skin tone is evening out as well. Love it for a hair rinse and my friend dabs some on as deodorant and swears by it. The scent can be a little much but totally worth glowing skin.

on 9/28/2014 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Did help with white heads and even out my skin but not the cystic acne. i hate the smell of this stuff so bad.

on 9/27/2014 7:15:00 PM

This stuff is so awesome! I use this as a facial toner (equal parts water) and it's great. I've only been using it for 2 weeks and I already see a difference in my old acne scars fading. When I use it I can see all of the dirt the toner pulled out of my skin right on the cotton pad. It does smell really weird, but, you get used to it. I also don't leave mine on. I let it sit for about a minute and then rinse it off so my face doesn't smell funky! Still gets the dirt out :) Better than those store bought toners with chemicals and alcohol in them!

EDIT: 05/08/15 - I stopped using this. I think it was too strong for my sensitive skin. Something I was using in my routine was making my skin break out bad which has now caused scarring. I'm pretty sure it was this stuff. It was really great in the beginning but it went downhill after about 2 months. Still battling the scars but they are fading, slowly but surely. Please don't use this if you have sensitive skin. I even diluted mine half/half so I wasn't putting pure vinegar on my face. Just be warned so your face doesn't look like mine does.

on 9/10/2014 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

The scent is so disgusting in everyway,
It does not go away either. It did nothing for my hair, nothing for my skin, nothing except smell up my bathroom and skin. I think those who think it has have only gotten used to it and do not realize you can smell it on them still. ICK
Only good for skin tags, warts etc

on 9/1/2014 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

just an all around great multi use product. i used to use this as a toner for so long, i didnt even mind the smell. (jk it still smelled horrible) but it worked! my grandparents swear by this as they take a shot a day. i use this as a hair clarifier every once in awhile and it rinses off all of the built up gunk in my hair and makes it shine.

Video Reviews & Tutorials