December 19, 2014 | 1245 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought the Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar to use as a toner to balance the pH of my skin. Basically, the acid mantle of healthy human skin is slightly acidic. From what I've read, a lot of soaps and cleansers are highly alkaline. When you use these alkaline products, it can take up to 3 1/2 hours for your skin to readjust. During this time your skin is open to harmful microorganisms that feed on an alkaline environment. Using a slightly acidic toner is suppose to solve this problem. A weak solution of ACV in water should be slightly acidic. So, I decided to give it a try. On my first try, I used a 50/50 solution. WOW! PAINT STRIPPER! This stung like nobody's business. Each time I tried a weaker solution using more and more water. Finally, I was using about a tablespoon of ACV in a large bowl of water. It still stung. I kept thinking that I was going through an adjustment period, and that my skin just had to build up a tolerance. Well, eventually my skin decided to rebel. Red and irritated, this stuff completely compromised my skin barrier (this was only over a few days time). I'm now using gentle cleansers, no toner, and Cerave PM to restore my skin. I've learned my lesson. IF IT STINGS, STOP USING IT! There's no such thing as an adjustment period in good skincare. Overall, this just didn't work for me, and I won't be repurchasing. However, I'll still use up my bottle of Bragg's ACV. I've discovered that it works great at removing soap scum from the sink and shower!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by jamilamr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I started using ACV on my face about 4 months ago, and will never stop.

I've had acne since I was about 11 years old - it was terrible in my teens, never completely went away, and now I'm almost 30. It's hormonal, but I always seem to have at least a few small pimples and visible/clogged pores.

From the beginning, I used Bragg's as a toner undiluted. Immediately the first morning, my complexion was smoother, softer, and less splotchy. This past month, I've been doing nothing but splashing water on my face at night, then toning with ACV. No face wash. In the morning after toning, I apply jojoba oil and sunscreen. Today is the third day in a row I haven't worn any type of concealer - I haven't done that since I was in grade school.

I put so many harsh products and soaps on my face through my teens and most of my 20s, and it was itchy, flaky, greasy, pimply. It's amazing to do almost nothing to it, and use something as simple/cheap as this vinegar. My skin has never looked or felt better. Even if I get a small breakout, it goes away very very quickly after applying ACV.

Now I just need to figure out the best way to bring this with me travelling!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2014 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Pianomuse23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wow.

So, slightly different from everyone else, I take ACV internally. About 1 tsp in 8 oz cold water, twice a day.

The taste isn't at all bad if you add some lemon, and the results are phenomenal. If you have gut or hormone related acne, THIS will clear it up. Not only has my skin been clear for months, but it glows. It absolutely glows. No product can do what this has done. Such a simple fix!

Be sure to get Braggs.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Apple Cider Vinegar has a wide variety of uses from skin care to household cleaning to internal cleanses (Dilute or make veggie caps). Inexpensive and versatile.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by NicoIcon999

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I haven't had much luck with home remedy/ holistic type products. Turmeric, aloe vera, pure glycerin, rose water and the list goes on and on. I read so many reviews claiming these readily available, inexpensive products can help with breakouts. Baking soda, clay, aspirin, honey. I've tried them all. I read multiple reviews from people who describe their acne the same way I would describe mine and run to the store hopeful it will work for me. But it never does. My cabinets have bottles of this crap. Apple cider vinegar has been the one thing that I can honestly say works for me. I use the Braggs organic vinegar with the "mother". I have tried apple cider vinegar in the past, but it was just regular Target brand without the mother. The Braggs is a murky brown. The other was just a brownish tint and clear. This stuff has really improved my ruddy complexion. I put enough to soak a cotton pad or cotton ball and wipe it all over my clean face. That's it! My skin had tons of clogged pores and this has cleared them up after a week. The only drawback is the smell. Smells like vinegar and wet dog! But it will fade as the minutes pass. The real reason i know this works? I have the worst acne just prior to getting my period. I did not get a single zit this time around. I paid around $6 or $7 for this at the grocery store.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 2:12:00 AM More reviews by CatherineTramell

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For 4 months I have had a patch on my left cheek that has consistantly had cystic acne. It started out stress related and I thought it would subside. But no...as soon as one of them starts fading and becomes less inflamed a new one pops ups. Im at my wits end. I have tried otc creams, prescription creams, every home remedy in the book. I DONT pick on it as you might think. To no avail. Then I stumbled across these reviews and figured I had nothing to loose. I already use ACV as a hair rinse with great results but I was afraid to put it on my face because it seemed harsh.

So I diluted it with water (50/50) and dabbed it on the area. I let it dry and then I put on my regular lotion. After one day the redness was visibly fading. After two days the bumps were less protruding. After three days the big stubborn one surfaced and I could finally pop it. I am very pleased!

I have also noticed that the skin around these pimples is tighter and more clear. When the situation is under control I will start experimenting with dabbing ACV on larger areas of the face.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

After slacking off on my sunscreen application and getting a bad sunburn at the begining of the year I've struggled with breakouts, flaking, dry irritated patches of skin and angular chelitis. Finally went to the Derm and shelled out a ton of money on various recommended products and Rx's. Almost no results. After some serious frustration I decided to ditch the Derm's products and to incorporate ACV diluted as a toner. I've used this successfully for years mixed in shampoo and conditioner to treat flakey scalp on my kids. Couldn't hurt. After the second application the flakey patches were gone and the angular chelitis was under control. On a follow up visit to the Derm he confirmed that ACV was an excellent natural treatment for many skin conditions and to keep using it daily. He said that conditions like Chelitis occur when yeast gets trapped in moist damaged skin. The AVC must work by changing the PH of your skin enough to make it inhospitable. I have to dilute this because using it straight is irritating so I currently use a 3:1 mix of lavendar hydrosol (because I happened to have some) and ACV. Distilled water I'm sure would be fine too. Can't go wrong with a dirt cheap natural product that gets results.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by vegasgirl

OMG!!!! this cured my acne!!!!! I had moderate to moderately severe acne after I started using this as a toner I have yet to get a pimple! its crazy to think something as simple as this is so effective. I could have saved a lot of money and scarring a long time ago. I used proactive, oral antibiotics, over the counter topicals, also prescription topicals . and this has outdone them all by far!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2014 4:39:00 AM More reviews by troo12

I use Target's generic brand Apple Cider vinegar and it is amazing! It has 5% acidity if anyone is curious. It cleans my skin and pores so well after I cleanse. It has lessened up my acne drastically and is a staple in my routine. I moisten a cotton ball and wipe on my face night and day and follow with moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by racheldee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this as part of my toner as well as a conditioner for my hair (I'm doing the no-poo method right now...) It really fades acne scars! No, really! It also helps prevent oil and won't irritate your skin. Best toner. Make sure to dilute a bit.
As for hair, it does make it shiny. I plan to do the baking soda and ACV wash two-three times a week, and hopefully in a month or so my hair will look great.
HOPEFULLY.