April 19, 2014 | 1769 users online

Foundations - BeneFit Cosmetics - Play Sticks Concealer, foundation and powder all-in-one!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by tessaS85

I LOVE THIS. A representative from BeneFit was in Sephora, and she offered to do my makeup. The major thing I noticed about myself after she was done was that my skin was FLAWLESS. My skin usually has really red areas, and large pores all over my cheeks, but it was PERFECT!!!!!! I went on a hunt to find what she used to make my skin so smooth, and I found this! I love how matte this dry, since it's a cream to matte formula. I'm super happy I found what she used, now I definitely need to get some for myself! :)
The price doesn't really matter, the product is just super good!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by makemeup927

Great full coverage. makes my skin looks healthy and gives it a glow. was using smashbox full coverage foundation and this took its place. it lasts all day if used over top of a primer and completed with a finishing/setting powder. Looks great with Tarte cheek tint! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 9:32:00 PM More reviews by malibublondiee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this foundation :)
When i first got it, it took my a while to get used to it because i have really dry skin & i kind of found it hard to apply in a way, but when i put a moisturiser on first i found it went on beautifully, i love this foundation so much, love the shade, love the texture & the sheen it gives my skin when i use it, i would really recommend this to anyone :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 12:19:00 PM More reviews by tasha456

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product sooo much.
It's creamy, and has a beautiful finish.
I reccommend you get a colour match at your local benecounter!
It's long lasting and wearing.
doesn't clog pores and doesn't have a scent.
It's perfect and I <3 it.
I highly reccommend this product :D It is a staple in my make up box!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2011 11:55:00 AM More reviews by lookingforlashes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

What Benefit say -

"A cream to powder foundation stick that helps promote a healthy complexion while giving natural-looking coverage. Scribble in any fun shape and blend for a satin-matte finish."

Pros:

- Full coverage (covers redness and eye bags)
- Very creamy
- Good range of colours for fairer skin ladies
- Glowy finish
- Nice packaging

Cons:

- Too expensive (25.50)
- Drying
- Can sink into fine lines
- Not natural looking (you need to add contour afterwards)
- Transfers if you don't set it

Full Review -

Ok, I have a love-hate relationship with this product, so I had a difficult time rating it. Let me tell you why... I first started using the playstick when I was 18 years old, I'm 24 now and I'm still using it... that should mean Holy Grail, right?

I have a lot of redness in my face that needs correcting, but my skin was always great until the age of about 22. So from 18-22 this product was my best friend, it covers EVERYTHING, but my god, when I hit 22, my skin suddenly dried up, and I could hardly use this product. GUTTED! This foundation flakes like hell if you have dry skin, its not moisturising enough (I have heard opposite reviews for this, saying that people would rather use it in the winter, because its quite oily, but in my experience it's completely the other way around).

Nowadays, I can use this product in summer, and its a GREAT concealer, on days when my eye bags are the worst, nothing else will do it. In relation to Benefit's claim that is gives natural looking coverage, I'm disagreeing - this is one of the heaviest coverage foudations I own. But I DO agree with the healthy glow that it promotes, considering just how heavy the coverage is. You do need to set it also, otherwise it transfers a bit, which can add to the heavy feeling of the foundation. I would suggest using a primer with this, and any heavy cream foudation; the playstick wont cake up, but it with flake if you aren't moisturised, and it will settle into fine lines after a while if you don't prep.

Final Thought:

I will probably always buy this product, although I am using it less and less, it's great for younger skin, and a brilliant heavy duty concealer. If you have problematic skin though, on the dry side especially, steer clear.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2011 10:54:00 AM More reviews by xlivx

I didn't actually buy this product in the end, I travelled from Huddersfield to Leeds specifically to buy this product as I had it recommended to me.

I ended up being massively disappointed, during my 'makeover' with a benefit sa i noticed her own makeup was caked in her fine lines making her look much older than her 27 years (this was first concern).

Anyway she used porefection as a base then applied benefit play stick in 'spin the bottle' colour with 'sugarbomb' over the top...when I first looked in the mirror the foundation colour looked orangey when I had told her I wanted to match my own skin colour as much as possible.

I decided to continue my shopping to see if I would change my mind after wearing the makeup a while but as time went on the foundation began to sink into my fine lines too (i'm only 23 so don't have many) and drawing attention to them made me feel really self conscious. I have never known a foundation to do that before it was perhaps because it was a cream foundation, but in the ended I hated the look and feel of it. Would not recommend or try again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by calgary7

I love love love this foundation stick! It is creamy, easy to blend and dries quickly without a cakey feeling. Combined with a tinted moisturizer, it makes my skin look flawless and it super easy and fast to apply in the mornings. It's also portable so you can just toss it in your bag and do touchups later during the day (though this product stays on for a long time so there really is no need!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Spamstuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

After the Bobbi Brown stick foundation gave me skin like a diehard meth user, I was really loathe to use the Benefit product. (Spin the Bottle color)
So, I prepped my face, opened the stick and saw that it was shiny in the tube. I wasn't prepared to think good thoughts about the product. I swiped a few swatches here and there and let them sit for a little bit to warm up and make them spreadable, and blended them with a Beautyblender sponge. The first thing that came to mind was how much this stuff smelled like a Noxema product LOL But the product itself was amazing: it just melted and blended into my skin and a little bit of this stuff spreads far and wide! The color match was dead on. I liked everything about the product....except...

It was exceptionally shiny and no amount of Halo or Tarte Smooth Operator could tame the shine. It actually looked a litlte greasy after a few hours. I'm sending the stick back just for that.
HOWEVER, in wintertime when my skin is a dried up mess, I think this stuff will be perfect. So I'm making a note to try this again in wintertime. Honestly this foundation feels like a barrier between my skin and the elements and something like that would probably work very well for me when I'm outside during the cold dry months. Powder-Schmowder in winter!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by RedHotPants

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I am always on the hunt for a foundation that will last all day without becoming an oily shiny mess by lunchtime. Usually I do my research online but I got lazy and let the SA at Sephora take the wheel. She picked out the Play Sticks in Paper Dolls, and I have to say, the color match was perfect and at first I really liked the stuff. After a month or so the honeymoon ended and the Play Sticks was melted off my face by noon. I do like the convenience of the packaging though; it felt expensive and it fits perfectly into my purse. I still use it from time to time for touch ups, but I never did get through the whole tube because I had to give up and start my quest for an HG foundation all over again. Overall, I'd say stay away if you are shine-prone but otherwise this stuff may work for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by danielle529

I went to Sephora after I got a spray tan to get a new foundation for prom since mine were all too light. I wanted a liquid foundation but the SA (who was dumb and bitchy) didn't listen and gave me this cream stick. She put it on in the store and I wasn't wowed but it wasn't horrible and I wanted to get out of there. I have combination, sensitive skin but the SA assured me it wouldn't break me out and it would last long. My shade was Tea Party and it did last long but broke me out horribly! It has a nice green tea scent but when you apply it your face gets a dry and dead appearance. I wouldn't be so mad at how much it broke me out if the SA swore it wouldn't, I am returning this ASAP and going to get what I originally wanted, a liquid foundation.