April 17, 2014 | 952 users online

Styling Products - Frederic Fekkai - sheer hold hairspray

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2007 1:17:00 PM More reviews by MsLips

This stuff is great! The smell is great, the hold isn't too hard. I like to use this especially when I'm teasing my hair. It gives a light/med hold. My hair doesn't feel crunchy when using it. I think this is one of the better HS' out there. I also like how the spray comes out finely for precise aim.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2007 5:37:00 AM More reviews by upscale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My personal bias for hairsprays: I like sprays that HOLD. I don't care if it solidifies my Pouf Hairstyle (e.g. Amy Winehouse but not as extreme). That's the point of hairspray IMO.

Used Fekkai's Sheer Hold Hairspray and I have to admit it does a pretty good job at maintaining flexibility with hold. Although the hold isn't as strong as Big Sexy Hair's Spray & Play Harder, Fekkai is a nice, sheer, light weight spray that will hold your style for at least a few hours.

Found that I had to do a lot of hairspray touch ups with this brand, but it's perfect for holding light waves and curls in your hair. Smells nice as well :)

Nozzle seems to always get stuck with hairspray. Minus 1 lippie for that.

It's expensive and doesn't suit my personal needs for extra strength holds. For curling iron styles, I'd rather purchase Fekkai's Glossing Cream with Olive Oil, rub it through styled hair for gloss and shine, and lightly spray Big Sexy Hair Spray & Play Harder over it with a finishing touch of Paul Mitchell's Finishing Spray. This application lasts me all day, whereas Fekkai's Sheer Hold Hairspray required hairspray touchups.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2007 6:26:00 PM More reviews by smashbox2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not worth the price. It gave me no hold at all . no impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2007 2:24:00 AM More reviews by shmiz

This has restored my faith in hairspray, when I first tried it out, I was amazed at how well it helped fluff up my roots, without being sticky and thick, it was moveable but the hold lasted, even the next day my hair still had a hold, amazing! I also love the fresh scent it has, my DH even loves the scent. This made me want to use hairspray again, will buy over and over again even though it is quite pricey. Who would have thought hairspray could be so good!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2007 8:40:00 PM More reviews by tnlfraz0820

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Nice hairspray. Provides decent hold for my shoulder length, naturally wavy hair. My only minor gripe about this product is the smell, which is pretty strong to me (and I do not usually have a sensitive nose!) Even though I like this product, I don't really feel that it deserves its $23 price tag, but I would possibly repurchase if it was ever on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2007 4:17:00 AM More reviews by crashin2ome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this hairspray! I normally hate hate hairspray since it leaves my hair really hard and impossible to manage, and when I normally would try to with other hairspray, my hair would just end up a frizzy mess. This one holds my very thick black hair very well without being unmanageable and without leaving a gross sticky feel. I have lots and lots of hair (according to all my hair stylists) and it is very thick and it's difficult to find good hairstyling products. This one is one of the few I am satisfied with.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2007 2:44:00 PM More reviews by chittychittybangbang

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an OK hairspray. I'm beginning to seriously think that all hairsprays are alike. I dunno. I could almost compare it to aquanet. But this is still a little bit more flexable to use on the hair. The problem though- is that I don't see the shine. I really truely do not see it. It also didn't wow me too much because like a reviewer below said- it almost formed an invisable helmet around the hair. Yuck.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2007 4:33:00 PM More reviews by AMSD

I'd rate this a 2.5. After seeing raves about this in magazines like Instyle (yes, I'm gullible) and some reviews here, I was excited to try this. Yes, it is a very fine mist... so fine that it would freeze on top of my fine hair (forming a kind of not-quite transparent helmet, as it stuck to little fly-aways I didn't even know were there!). Very creepy. And there's no way to get your fingers through your hair after you spray (yes, I was spraying from 12" plus out like you're supposed to), without a fight. Probably good for an up-do but not on long hair with movement like mine. Also, the darn thing clogged at LEAST every other time I used it, so half the product was probably wasted from me cleaning it out. Thank goodness I only bought the travel size (which was still $9). Very pleased to be returning to Shaper!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2007 10:30:00 PM More reviews by heintz

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

great product! i have fine hair that is a bit on the thin side and it does a wonderful job of holding the style and giving a bit of shine. end result is a very natural look. i've used Shaper for years, but this is a far superior product and my HG hairspray!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2007 4:38:00 PM More reviews by ashtraygirl11

I usually don't use hairspray cause it always gave this sticky feeling to my hair but I decided to try this one and it's awesome!

Yes, if you spray it too close and only point to one area, you will get this one chunk of hair that sticks together, but you kinda have to shake the bottle and spray it to your hair evenly.

Though it does its jobs very well, but it only holds my hair for one day. If I sleep on it, I'm losing some of the textures that I want on my hair. Well, I guess I'm asking too much from a hairspray.

I got the travelling size and since I don't use it too often, I think I'm gonna stick to get the small size. continued >>