December 22, 2014 | 999 users online

Masks - LUSH - Catastrophe Cosmetic

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 6:20:00 AM More reviews by AFellowMakeupNewb

So I get really bad inflammation all over my cheeks/nose/chin and red, irritated cysts on my jawline during the week before my period begins. This time it got worse than usual. To the point where I didn't want to even go and buy a product to try and help my skin.

I bought this based on the reviews in here and on the Lush website. But mostly the reviews in here, because obviously people on the Lush website are obsessed with the product already :)

I used it once last night. I will definitely review again when I use it after a couple weeks. It smells lovely and feels great. I've got super super sensitive skin and this did not tingle or make my skin feel weird or parched while it dried. It dries nicely and smells fantastic the entire time. Washing it off is a bit of a pain in the butt because of the talc. I rinsed it off, dried my face, and realized I had the powder alllll over my face. I ended up having to use my regular cleanser and giving a little oomph to scrubbing the crevices around my nose and on my chin to get the stuff off. It was still there! I put on my usual moisturizer and the talc kind of ate it up but when I woke up this morning I didn't feel dried out. I was balanced! Not too much shine either.

Soooo the results: I can't say it's super life-changing. It calmed my skin a little bit, but my acne is still super inflamed and mad (but this isn't an acne mask). I am mostly impressed that it left my skin feeling balanced. I have combination skin and mild rosacea. My skin freaks out about pretty much anything....but not this mask! So, I will give it props there. Usually when I use a mask I have whiteheads the next day. Only one little bitty teensie weensie white head and that could have been form me touching my face in my sleep (yeah, my skin sucks). Like I said before, I will give this another review once I've used it for a few weeks.

Side note: the container was 11.50 euros (I'm in France) and it lasts a month. She said to toss it after 30 days. Also, it can be used up to three times a week. And it must be refridgerated!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by secondlaw94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have sensitive, oily, spotty skin, and OMG THS IS AMAZING. It's so PERFECT for my skin.
It smells sooooo good - and this is coming from someone who doesn't really like blueberries (lol!) I apply it with clean hands, wait around 15m and wash it off. This can be a little messy.
The results? Clean, refreshed, clear skin that looks and feels amazing.
If you've got sensitive skin, then don't worry about this. Mine is super sensitive, and loved this mask. YOU HAVE TO TRY IT :D

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by wandaana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Easily one of the best Lush masks and I've tried almost all of them! It smells amazing - instantly calms me down, and it's not as messy as all the other masks. It dries fast and washes off very easily (obviously you'll still have to rinse your sink). It does leave a talc-ish powder on your face afterwards but since I have oily skin to begin with, it feels great! Doesn't break me out. Also, I use this when my face is more red/inflamed than usual and it tones down the redness A LOT. The only thing I wish it did more of is minimize pimples. I can't really complain about this cause it's pretty much one of the best products I've found that work for acne. I'll continue using till I find something better.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by CookieDough117

This is probably the worst face mask I have ever used. I went into LUSH looking for a mask to help with blemishes and redness and the sales assistant recommended this as she said it had soothing properties and helped with redness. So given, I was really excited to try it. I tried it later that evening. The mask itself is a purple colour and contains blueberries. The smell is okay, nothing offensive but not amazing. I washed and dried my face and applied this all over my face and left it for 15-20 mins. The washing off process was really messy but so are a lot of other masks so this didn't bother me too much. What did bother me was the fact that after I had washed it all off and dried my face, when I looked in the mirror after a few minutes there were horrible white patches all over my face. When I touched my face all I could feel was a horrible talc powderiness. I thought maybe I hadn't washed it off properly so I washed my face again but no, it was still there. I even used toner on my face which did get rid of the whiteness for a while but my face still felt horrible, almost like I had a layer of talc all over my face. I did really want to like this mask. I thought that maybe I had left it on too long the first time so I tried it again after a few days, this time only leaving it on for 5-10 minutes. But I had exactly the same thing happen again. So so so disappointed with this, I would not recommend or repurchase.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by DaniDaae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A really nice face mask to reduce redness and calm skin down either after sunburn, an allergic reaction or a rosacea flare-up. Feels nice on the skin, smells lovely, and quite simply, it works! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by PolishScientist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mask is fantastic! I over exfoliated my chin, and it was red and burned like crazy! The LUSH cosmetic rep recommended this for calming and redness. It certainly did the trick! It smells earthy and wonderful. The consistency is thick and kind of chalky, but it felt so nice on my face. It dried after about 15 minutes (I applied a lot) and it cracked a little. When I washed it off, its like the water turned it into melting butter. It washed off so easily, and my face felt calmed and soothed afterwards. I could tell a noticeable difference in the redness of my face as well. The price for one pot was about $6, and I would say that you get 3 application out of one pot. That's only $2 per mask! Definitely worth it considering the awesome ingredients that are used. I'll be buying this mask a few times a month as a treat for myself. I'm HOOKED.

****KEEP IT REFRIGERATED*****

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by deanna424

It smells great- like blueberries and works well with my sensitive combination skin. It did a good job at removing oil and calming down redness. It's definitely one of my favorites.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 3:43:00 AM More reviews by Pupnut5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ideal for tired sensitive skin. I use this mask often & it never fails to calm down my red blotchy skin. I've used this twice a week for over a year as its both effective and affordable. All natural ingredients which is nice as it gives my skin a chance to heal chemical free. I highly recommend this mask to anyone that has dry sensitive or red skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by vw1983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ive tried every single lush fresh mask out there, stored them in fridge, used them exactly as im supposed to, thrown them out when supposed to, but i have an allergic reaction to every single one, every single time, i just cannot use them, theres something in them that dosent agree with my sensitive skin :( does anyone else get this with the lush face masks at all? Definately wouldnt recommend for those with sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 7:53:00 AM More reviews by alh011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was a freebie after I returned 5 containers at Lush. I'm so glad I chose this mask. The smell is great, it's calming yet exfoliating and left my skin looking and feeling like I'd had an expensive facial!
My only complaint with this is that the pot is probably not the most hygienic but it's a small complaint and definitely won't stop me using the product.