September 20, 2014 | 993 users online

Masks - LUSH - Catastrophe Cosmetic

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by CookieDough117

This is probably the worst face mask I have ever used. I went into LUSH looking for a mask to help with blemishes and redness and the sales assistant recommended this as she said it had soothing properties and helped with redness. So given, I was really excited to try it. I tried it later that evening. The mask itself is a purple colour and contains blueberries. The smell is okay, nothing offensive but not amazing. I washed and dried my face and applied this all over my face and left it for 15-20 mins. The washing off process was really messy but so are a lot of other masks so this didn't bother me too much. What did bother me was the fact that after I had washed it all off and dried my face, when I looked in the mirror after a few minutes there were horrible white patches all over my face. When I touched my face all I could feel was a horrible talc powderiness. I thought maybe I hadn't washed it off properly so I washed my face again but no, it was still there. I even used toner on my face which did get rid of the whiteness for a while but my face still felt horrible, almost like I had a layer of talc all over my face. I did really want to like this mask. I thought that maybe I had left it on too long the first time so I tried it again after a few days, this time only leaving it on for 5-10 minutes. But I had exactly the same thing happen again. So so so disappointed with this, I would not recommend or repurchase.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by DaniDaae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A really nice face mask to reduce redness and calm skin down either after sunburn, an allergic reaction or a rosacea flare-up. Feels nice on the skin, smells lovely, and quite simply, it works! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by PolishScientist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mask is fantastic! I over exfoliated my chin, and it was red and burned like crazy! The LUSH cosmetic rep recommended this for calming and redness. It certainly did the trick! It smells earthy and wonderful. The consistency is thick and kind of chalky, but it felt so nice on my face. It dried after about 15 minutes (I applied a lot) and it cracked a little. When I washed it off, its like the water turned it into melting butter. It washed off so easily, and my face felt calmed and soothed afterwards. I could tell a noticeable difference in the redness of my face as well. The price for one pot was about $6, and I would say that you get 3 application out of one pot. That's only $2 per mask! Definitely worth it considering the awesome ingredients that are used. I'll be buying this mask a few times a month as a treat for myself. I'm HOOKED.

****KEEP IT REFRIGERATED*****

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by deanna424

It smells great- like blueberries and works well with my sensitive combination skin. It did a good job at removing oil and calming down redness. It's definitely one of my favorites.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 3:43:00 AM More reviews by Pupnut5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ideal for tired sensitive skin. I use this mask often & it never fails to calm down my red blotchy skin. I've used this twice a week for over a year as its both effective and affordable. All natural ingredients which is nice as it gives my skin a chance to heal chemical free. I highly recommend this mask to anyone that has dry sensitive or red skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by vw1983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ive tried every single lush fresh mask out there, stored them in fridge, used them exactly as im supposed to, thrown them out when supposed to, but i have an allergic reaction to every single one, every single time, i just cannot use them, theres something in them that dosent agree with my sensitive skin :( does anyone else get this with the lush face masks at all? Definately wouldnt recommend for those with sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 7:53:00 AM More reviews by alh011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was a freebie after I returned 5 containers at Lush. I'm so glad I chose this mask. The smell is great, it's calming yet exfoliating and left my skin looking and feeling like I'd had an expensive facial!
My only complaint with this is that the pot is probably not the most hygienic but it's a small complaint and definitely won't stop me using the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Kariibex

This product left my skin feeling much softer and fresh after the first use. Also smells quite lovely, and lingered the whole day. However, for some reason it left sort of a powdery layer after I washed it off, which was also visible on my fingers and in the pot when I finished the product. This was the only concern I had with the product, but asides from that...worth a shot.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2013 2:33:00 AM More reviews by Do8666

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

*SHORT SUMMARY; THIS IS A LUXURY / CALMING MASK*

This mask is made with fresh blueberries. It smells a little bit like calamine lotion and blueberries, with a hint of citrus and rose. It goes on smooth, and not clumpy. It immediately gives my skin a cool, calm relaxing feel. when I use this mask, I just want to lay back and enjoy. It goes great with cucumbers over the eyes. It gives my complexion a temporary clear and even toned appearance, I'd say for a day or two. I have combination/oily skin, It does not dry out my face, and it does not moisturize it either. It's a mask great for any skin type. I'd say it's more for a luxury feel. Great for days you just need a "pick me up" or even for a relaxing girls day.

BASIC INFO ABOUT ALL OF LUSH'S MASKS:
The masks are made of natural ingredients, and are not tested on animals. They come in a 2.1 oz jar, with a screw top lid. The jar is recyclable, and the store offers a program where you can return 5 of your empty jars in exchange for one full mask of your choice. Each mask cost's a little less than $7. You get about 5 uses from one jar. Each mask is typically good for about 2 weeks from it's packaged date. Each jar is labeled with a package date, and expiration date. These masks are to be kept refrigerated. Typical recommended use is 2-3 times a week. I do not recommend purchasing more than one mask at a time, as you will end up wasting product... It will expire before you can use them all up, unless you plan to use one jar everyday for a week.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by kikibutternut

This product is amaaazing! I walked into lush and asked the person for a face mask that would tone down redness, remove excess oil, and be okay ,maybe even help a bit, with my extremely sensitve skin. This does it all. The blue of the mask sticks to the fine hairs on your face (not noticable) throughout the day, making your face appear less red. I had a shiny patch of skin right between my eyebrows that wouldn't go away no matter what face wash, scrub, or mask I used. But after using this just once, it was totally gone, and has only appeared a couple other times (while I was testing others products; not using this one). Lastly, it is hard to find a cleanser that won't irritate my eczema. This didn't. It even healed most of it up! This product is a miracle worker.