L'Oreal Professionnel Serie Expert - Vitamino Color Shampoo

Aqua/Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Dimethicone, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Chloride, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Cocamide MIPA, Sodium Benzoate, Methylparaben, Carbomer, Salicylic Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Linalool, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Polyparaben, 2-Oleamido-1, 3- Octadecanediol, Magnesium Sulfate, Limonene, Parfum/Fragrance.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a very nice shampoo. It doesn't dry out my hair yet removes all the oil/build up without weighing my hair down.
It smells really nice(like raspberries) and lathers well. After having used this for a while, my hair is less dry, shinier and more managable.
But, considering the price, I won't be repurchasing

on 5/31/2008 8:52:00 PM

I LOVE this shampoo and conditioner and have been using it for years. I have long, thick, colored and slightly wavy hair and my hair and scalp craves this shampoo. Sure it is a little expensive, but I buy the econo size with pump from my stylist for both the shampoo/conditioner and it lasts at least 5 months. I have read some of the reviews and notice many state the shampoo leaves a build up. Every stylist I have ever went to has told me that all shampoos will leave a build up. It is best to use two types of shampoo to prevent any type of build up. I alternate between L'oreal and Pureology and I never have a build up issue.

on 1/16/2008 2:40:00 PM

Love this shampoo! I found this a few years ago, and have used it ever since,... I mean, it's not the second coming, its a shampoo, but it keeps your color rich, its nice and creamy, nice lather, rinses well, and i love the smell. Im constantly looking for new & different conditioners, but I always use the Vitamino color shampoo, even if my hair isnt recently colored. (It usually is, though). Its a little pricey, but its a solid, moisturizing shampoo that smells gorgeous. I like the rest of this line too, they are all good solid products that do what they claim to do, and everything just smells fresh and clean and like hair is supposed to smell, i think.

on 10/3/2007 3:00:00 PM

I have fine hair so i bought the vitamino for fine hair..at first i didn't like it but i gave it some time and now i really really like it. It's not weighing my hair down ( i think i'm rinsing it properly now) and my hair feels great. I have highlighted hair with an overall colour deposition and my hair looks super shiny and healthy after using this.

on 8/22/2007 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this shampoo on and off (in my rotation) for two years now and I still love it. I have colored and highlighted hair and this shampoo makes it look like I just touched up my color.
I've seen my stylist and colorist a few times at the mall in the past year and they had asked me if I just got my color done. This was after I used the Vitamino Color Guard shampoo.

I've read reviews of people not liking this because it weighed down their hair. The trick to this shampoo is to use about a dime or nickel size, no more.

So yeah, this is a keeper :)

on 7/7/2007 3:43:00 AM

I have to say that this line is one of the best I've ever used --- or may even be the best single one.

I used to use the All Soft line by Redken, and liked how it made my dry and slightly coarse hair nice and soft. After using Redken for years back then, I switched to Kerastase, which was amazing. Then I switched to Aveda, and tried all different lines. while Aveda may be HG for some people, it just didn't work for me. As a result, my hair became coarse and dull and easily tangled , and was either too oily or too dry depending on the particular product. There isn't anything that does the job "just right". So I decided to say bye bye to Aveda and bought the color protecting shampoo & conditioner by L'Oreal Professionnel.

Wow! The first time I used the products, I couldn't believe how smooth and soft and tangle-free my hair was. My hair hasn't felt like this for a year while using Aveda, and I almost forgot that it could feel this great. I have bleached/colored hair and is dry because it's damaged. The shampoo already made a difference --- I could really feel how it softened and detangled my hair. The conditioner has a really thin consistency, so at first I was skeptical about how moisturizing it could be. However, while applying it, I noticed that it instantly detangled and smoothed out my hair by a lot, like no other conditioners, thick or runny. And after rinsing it out, my hair looked shiny and healthy, was incredibly smooth and moisturized, but not weighed down at all. It's just fantastic. I'm amazed by how such a seemingly light conditioner can do such a good job at moisturizing without make me feel that I have lots of product left in the hair. Together, the shampoo and the conditioner keeps my hair well balanced: not too rich and moisturizing that my hair gets greasy fast, and not too light that my hair is dry and coarse. Perfection.

Overall I find this line to be very similar to Kerastase's color protecting line, but I think I like L'Oreal Professionnel even better

on 6/22/2007 8:20:00 AM

I have been using this product for years and find it is the only one that doesnt make my hair too oily, nothing else seems to compare on quality and if you buy the big bottle of 1500ml it lasts for at least 6 months! Definetly reccommend.

on 5/7/2007 5:18:00 PM

I was so happy when I finally located a couple of salons near home that carry this product. I have used many different brands (including Pureology) and most dry out my thick, color-treated hair. For me, Loreal Vitamino is nothing like the OTC Vive--my hair is much easier to manage with Vitamino; very silky. My only complaints would be the packaging of the conditioners--just a little more clumbsy in the shower using product from a jar. And it's just so difficult to find Loreal professional in salons.

on 8/19/2006 4:10:00 PM

I used this and the conditioner together. I thought it was really good. Keep up the color, and you get a shiny and more manageble hair and it is a little bit softening. The smell is also a BIG +! Smells adorable and wonderfull!
I had it in 250mls bottles just to test and it worked out really well. I think I will buy the bigger version when I used up all my other hairproducts. Recommend it to those people how has colored hair and need to keep it up.

Received this for Christmas and thought it would work really well. I haven't noticed anything good or bad about it, which tells you it's not a miracle or HG product. It is a bit drying, too, as I fight to get a comb through my hair. It does not rinse very cleanly, either. I don't know why, but I'm just not impressed. I continue to use it only because I haven't discovered a shampoo that will protect my color-treated hair.

Popular Shampoos