October 21, 2014 | 848 users online

Fragrances - Lancome - Tresor

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by NaniFiona

It`s a good definition to call it spicy+sweet/floral... the smell of it literally sting in my nostrils, but is very sophisticated. I like to wear it on winters. I feel like i`m some other mature and elegant lady and not me when i smell it through the day, it`s quite interesting, so i wear it for that reason.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by DiaryofaDyme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Where do I even begin? There's a peachy note mixed in with a spicy note that tends to come and go-this fragrance is a trainwreck. The peachy note's too sweet and the spicy one's suffocating.Together, they're even worse. Smelling this fragrance reminds me of smelling an elderly lady who couldn't keep out of the ashtray; you smile politely while at the same time pondering how long you can hold your breath before you pass out.

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by SuperhumanChichi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This perfume makes me sick to my stomach. This is definitely on the top of my "Worst Perfumes EVER" list. All I smell is the amber, vanilla, and a hint of a really synthetic peach smells. The amber really overpowers the perfume. I really hate amber, so maybe that's why this one just wasn't for me.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by LauLau215

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Tresor is a gorgeous light, musky, ambery - romantic scent. Not old lady..but, not teenager either. Always smell clean and warm with this Tresor. Sexy!! Men love this scent!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2011 1:54:00 AM More reviews by cynkeyx3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used to like this perfume alot. My skin chemistry really used to bring out the sandalwood and rose. This was an Italian style classy perfume to me. Having worn it in my late 20's, when it first came out, and now having purchased it again, at 48, I detect a reformulation. This one used to be a little drier and I did like it better back then. I wonder if all of these classics are being referenced by many people as "dated" because the reformulations have altered these once-delicious fragrances, leaving them with an odd after-taste. Too bad about all of the reformulations, which have tainted many of my favorite classics. Some are still "good", others make me want to cry, but I've yet to come across one that smells better post-reformulation. Many of the synthetic ingredients that have replaced the once-natural ingredients, I think are not compatible with our human body chemistry, IMO. I think the perfume chemists have more work to do in that area. Many of the new reformulations seem to turn sour and odd. Then again, maybe it's just me and my own body chemistry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2011 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've worn Tresor since it launched, and way back then (1990?) I felt like it was just MADE for me. Everywhere I went people swooned and asked me what I was wearing. I wore so much of this stuff I probably suffocated flora and fauna for miles around...but, happily, now I know about becoming tolerant to smells and accidentally over-using perfumes. After all these years, I still think Tresor is one of the most beautiful fragrances I've ever smelled, or ever will smell. It's truly gorgeous on my skin, and it's still unique. Of course it's been reformulated, but the beautiful parts of it I so adore remain. I do notice that the lasting power is barely a hint of what it used to be, so I'm guessing that whatever caused its tenacity, also caused complaints about its strength. It seems like like an airy, gentle fragrance, so when your nose becomes used to it, it's very easy to overspray. I enjoy the lilac-tea rose-powder combination in the top notes, but the blend of amber, white woods, peach and tea rose in the drydown is what makes this exceptional for me. Tresor continues to draw compliments like crazy when I wear it, and I'm always amused at how shocked some people seem when I tell them they're complimenting Tresor. I know it had a bad reputation (sadly, my own zealous applications probably encouraged some of its criticism...) but, based on how many people have positive reactions to it when I wear it, I think its woes were caused by a small group with an overly opinionated, very loud voice. For me, nobody does rose as perfectly as Sophia Grojsman, and Tresor is one of the finest rose perfumes ever.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2011 3:09:00 AM More reviews by KKAI

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is an old-school, "perfumey" fragrance. The fruity notes (mainly peach) are the prominent ones and then the ambery base emerges, makning it more of a skin scent. Rather strong in the beginning and suitable for cold weather, as it gives a warm feeling. Quite long- lasting and with moderate sillage. It would propably suit best a woman in her forties or older. It is not bad but definitely not my style.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 10:40:00 AM More reviews by manishap

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this perfume for about 10 years and i love it. I love sweet smell and this is a very sexy scent with long lasting power.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 10:12:00 AM More reviews by mychan514

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The staying power of this perfume is soooo long. Just a couple of spray in the morning, it lingers all day long. And on top, once it settles down, it smells great, very feminine and sexy! It is definitely a good buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 12:03:00 AM More reviews by crysna

My all time favorite parfum! Love Tresor with all my mind and heart! It really complement me, make me feel happy! Lily of the valley and peach notes r sweet notes that i love on a fragrance. Sweet, romantic and feminine! I got always complements from people specialy Mens!!! Excellent longevity. My signature fragrance!!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No