July 22, 2014 | 2300 users online

Concealers - Bare Escentuals - Well Rested

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my undereye and concealer product. I have fair skin, Eastern European and love this stuff. Thanx to bare minerals I will never go back to liquid foundation. It's a staple for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Toniau

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have fair asian skin. At first, I didn't expect this product to work, as the color is so light and a bit yellow. After reading all the review, I gave it a try.

Although it didn't change the color of my dark eye circle back to the color of the surround skin, but interestingly, it did give me a "lifted-up" and youthful look.

my eyes looks bright, as if it is being highlighted. (even my cheekbone looks like being highlighted as well. )

Under bright light, it is as if my dark eye circle disappeared.

I have never been able to achieve this with other products (even BE's own concealer). So, I highly recommand it.

There is slight clumping and cakery effect when I first try it. With trial and error, I think this is these are the most important to ensure a nice coverage
1. well hydrated skin before application
2. remember to swirl --> to break down the powder into smaller particles
3. just apply small among at one time --> you can layer it up, but only small among at a time
4. you need to dust away the excessive powder before apply
5. apply by tapping it on to the skin

hope it helps

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by mllemustard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really don't know what to make of this product.

I bought it over a year ago-- I was working extremely long hours, was very stressed, and wanted something that would help offset the deathly tiredness I didn't have time to sleep off. I've used it very inconsistently.

I'm very pale, so I don't have any issues with it giving me reverse raccoon eyes as others have complained. My biggest issue is that it can be irritating; sometimes, and I've had issues with it flaking or getting in my eyes. I'm usually in a rush when I apply it, so this could be user error, but for me, it's not a great product just for slapping on.

Occasionally I've tried using it to offset redness around my nose or an occasional blemish or two (of course with a clean brush!). It's very yellow so works fairly OK on small areas. It ends up being cakey, though, on larger areas, so I've learned to use it only very sparingly in that way.

I won't repurchase, only because I don't think I will ever have to! I've barely made a dent in it after a year. Sometimes there are gift packs where this comes in a smaller size-- if you are interested, I'd recommend waiting for one of those, because I honestly cannot ever imagine using enough to the product to warrant the full-size.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by LiL_Laurie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Unimpressed with this product - I purchased after all the great reviews only to be dissapointed. It goes on smooth and looks great at the begining but as the day goes on it starts to look dry and cakey (worse than if I had applied no concealer at all). I tried with eye cream, without eye cream, light application, heavy application AND different brushes but the outcome at the end of the day was always the same - it started to look dry and cakey which made me look older, not well rested at all. :(

EDIT: although this product sucks for under eyes it is AMAZING for setting concealer/ having amazing coverage and lasting all day on a pimple- it is actually my HG product for that... so i added two lippies (but still not 5 lippes since that is not what this power is intended for).

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by sephorgasm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Unfortunately, this didn't work for me. I love BE products, but I've found that I really need a creamy, MAC-type concealer for my dark undereye circles. This stuff just makes me look wrinkly and yellowish. I'm glad it works so well for other folks, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by travelbugaf3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this! I don't have super dark circles under my eyes, but I have very fair/thin skin and you can see my blue veins. This does a fantastic job covering and the brightening seems to give my face a "lifted" appearance. It doesn't look cakey or dry at all on me, but I do keep my under eye area well moisturized.

My skin is very fair and sensitive, and often a little red looking-- I use a very (verrrry) light layer of this to set my foundation and it makes a huge difference. Even after foundation my face can look a little more red than the rest of my skin. A barely-there dusting of well rested makes my face tone match the tone of my neck/chest. Not sure how this product would work for someone with a darker skin tone (even as an under eye concealer it might be too light/bright), but it is PERFECT for my coloring.

**update: I have phased this out of my makeup routine. No complaints about it, but I discovered a different under eye concealer that I prefer, and switched to a different shade of BE foundation. So, it's just no longer part of my daily routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by CuriousCreature

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My "go to" product for circles under my eyes. I've been using this for years and when I'm out of it I have to reorder because I miss it too much. Foundation just isn't enough and concealer can be too muddy. This is light enough but beefy enough to even out the skin tone. This is especially important because my hair is grey which can make me look tired.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by BluegrassGal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I fell in love with this the moment I tried it!! it covers dark circles and bags AMAZINGLY!! and its lasting power is fantastic too!! I have huge eyes, so naturally I normally have HUGE bags that accompany them, but thanks to this product I can cover them wonderfully, it has brighteners/mild highlighters in it too, so deep set eyes benefit greatly!!
This is the only under eye concealer that has EVER worked for me!! HG!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by niseixtenshi

First of all, I do have to say that I do not like foundations from Bare Escentuals. I found this product though youtube and wanted to give it a try. I apply it with a Sonia Kashuk "small multipurpose powder brush" and absolutely love the result! Looks super natural & instantly brightens my eyes. Also, the new sifter jars are perfect for dispensing the perfect amount.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 2:35:00 AM More reviews by sdeyerling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I first saw it on Michele1218 on youtube and was completely turned off based on how she applied it. However, I was shopping and decided to swatch it. I got a sample and loved it. I ended up going back and buying a full size (only $18!) I really do not have heavy undereye circles, but I find this product (by itself) clears those up right away. I have also used it as a powder on top of concealer and it works just as well, great to prevent creasing. I would definitely buy it again. I am NC30-35 for reference and I do not get Kim Kardashian white undereye areas with this, so similar colored girls, don't fear.