October 25, 2014 | 1789 users online

Treatments (Face) - Mary Kay - Acne Treatment Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2008 5:54:00 AM More reviews by got_pink

this is my HG acne product. that is, when it works for me. i used this in my teens and i managed to stay pimple-free until i got to college, i decided to give it a try again in my early 20s when my skin went through a major irritation with random breakouts. this worked like a charm, clearing up small problem areas as well as a big cyst-like pimple that refused to go away, just in time for a wedding i was attending! but i noticed that once my skin got used to it, it didn't work as well (and i use this nightly). i still like the fact that this has bp in it and it isn't drying at all, and just that will keep me buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2008 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Reannaxo185

i love this stuff! i use it every morning and night after i cleanse. i apply it all over my face to prevent pimples and makes the ones i do have go away. i have definitely seen a major difference in my skin. i recommend it to everyone and i will keep repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2008 3:48:00 AM More reviews by Boogins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this product is "okay". Sometimes it seems like it's working better for me than at other times. It's nice and light and when used for a couple of days on "spots", I see a a difference. Sometimes I feel like this does not work fast enough whereas sometimes, I think it works very quickly. It can be a little bit drying, but this usually only occurs when I apply the product several times a day. It is fairly inexpensive and overall is a pretty decent product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2008 8:58:00 PM More reviews by BRANDI7013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

For now, this is my HG on the spot treatment. I broke out a few weeks ago really really bad all over the bottom of my chin! I hadn't got to use this product yet and it was just sitting in my drawer with all my other countless acne 'spot' treatments. I used this stuff and just rubbed a huge glob over my chin whenever I remembered througout the day. And, walah! It worked! The next day I saw a noticable difference. And, on the third day it was if my face was completely clear! I have also used it around 2 more times on those underground monsters that you can feel. And, it hasn't failed me yet. *knocks on wood* I have tried:
zapzyt
avon
dhc
clearsil
tea tree oil
proactiv
and none have worked like this!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2008 4:37:00 AM More reviews by wanyilee

completely useless on my face.. I don't know why, but this just doesn't do anything in terms of a spot treatment for me. I used it on blemishes and this just does nothing, doesn't help them heal quicker... kinda stings my skin a bit too. Thank goodness it was really cheap so I didn't waste too much money.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2008 11:31:00 AM More reviews by katyldf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ok So I have a love hate relationship with this product. If I use it with the blimish toner and use it twice a day all over every day no acne, but.;... It kinda hurts your face nomatter what moisturizer you use. But using it as a spot treatement ya nothing. I have like 3 tubes of this stuff and when its gone good riddance theres got to be something better!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2008 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Rainbowapple

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Overall, as a treatment gel, (as distinct from a preventive product), I thought that this was a strictly standard product. It has 5% Benzoyl Peroxide, and the packaging is a typical acne gel tube, with a pointed applicator. Ditto with the texture, smell and feel of this gel, itself. Didn't really do anything for me. I think that I prefer the Avon Clearskin Eight Hour one, as far as treatments that actually perform are concerned. Basically, tested this once and wasn't impressed.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2008 3:51:00 AM More reviews by penny_xox

I haven't noticed any difference with this gel. As far as prevention i'm pretty sure this doesn't help to prevent my acne as I continued getting new pimples where I had applied this a couple days before.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2008 1:38:00 AM More reviews by tjspiano

The best one I've ever tried - doesn't make me peel, but reduces pimples for me overnight.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2007 9:25:00 PM More reviews by addysmom

THis is one of the best BP products I have ever used. When I do get a pimple this applied twice a day clears them up fast. I will never be w/o this in my kit again!