December 19, 2014 | 831 users online

Cleansers - Mary Kay - Velocity Facial Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by shariahshea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is very gentle on the skin. It has very slight exfoliating properties wich is good if you have sensitive skin. For acne clearing, it works very slowly. So if you intend to buy it for this purpose I reccomend you pass. It has a pleaseant smell. The actual cleanser is a clear gel type and I still have half my bottle left and have been using it for 3 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2010 12:19:00 PM More reviews by PinkJuice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This my go to facial cleanser. I have dry, sensitive skin and I have tried everything under the sun! Most facial cleasners are just too overpowering for my skin, rather then helping, they irritate my skin causing fine red bumps to rise, dry me out even further, and even change the overall texture of my skin. However, Velocity is just what I need. This is actually a very gentle cleanser formed for adolescents with their crazy hormones changing the texture of their skin on a regular basis, but it's perfect for skin like my own. It leaves my skin clean and flawless.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2009 8:44:00 PM More reviews by ChaiSahara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used this as my daily facial cleanser for about 3 years. I only stopped because I wanted to try a MAC product (I'll admit it, I'm a MAC snob, even though it was Mary Kay that got me into makeup in the first place). It was the first and only cleanser until my recent new one that would not aggravate my skin and cause worse breakouts. Didn't dry my skin, but was strong enough to remove oil. Only issue I had is that it would struggle to remove my makeup so I would have to use a separate makeup remover.

Only takes a tiny dab for each use, which really makes the product last a long time. Since it's lower in price than most higher end brands, it's super cost effective! I would keep mine in the shower so it was right there when I needed it :)

If my new cleanser doesn't end up working out, I will definitely return to this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2009 10:50:00 AM More reviews by MsBasilio

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my one and only face wash, I used to have hella bad acne and scars then I started to use this my auntie had a mary kay party..lol but the saleslady said Velocity is for Teen skin and to try it so at the time I was only like 14 so I asked my mami, for 10 bucks she was kinda hesitant, but I have been using this face wash for over 6 years and I have had barely any breakouts or pimples*knocks on wood* and its a gentle face wash. Oh and just a little advice **Use a paper towel and just fold it in half and blot ur face when u get out of the shower instead of using a towel (clean or used) Because a towel not only has chemicals like laundry soap, fabric softener and has been touching other towels and has been in the washer and dryer :\. I started using paper towels on my face vs towels and my face cleared up and that was back wen i first got pregnant wen i was breaking out hella bad But try it it works :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2009 11:00:00 AM More reviews by mombeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I admit it, I can be a real makeup snob and have put off trying Mary Kay products for a long time. I can't put a finger on exactly why, but anyway, on to the product review.

I got this with the matching moisturizer from a neighbor who sells Mary Kay. It was a gift, sweet young woman!

Overall, I feel this is a fabulous product for summer. SoCal has been cruel hot this last month and my other products are FAR too moisturizing, so I decided to finally try this. It has a nice, clean scent. I thought it might irritate my skin, but it was very kind to it while getting it clean at the same time. I finally felt like my skin was CLEAN for the first time in a month. Smooth too.

I feel this will work well for the duration of this heat wave, possibly into fall. Winter may be the downfall for this, as my skin gets very sensitive and dry at that time of year. But, for now, this is a godsend. I will buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2009 3:32:00 AM More reviews by cjenn

When I first tried this years ago, it seemed like there was way too much perfume in it. However, my friend who's an MK consultant gave me some samples of it and I think I am in love. Maybe they have put less perfume in this cleanser, but something has changed and I really love it. This, in conjunction with the fabulous moisturizer really works to keep my oilyish summer skin refreshed and matte feeling. Awesome product!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2009 10:15:00 AM More reviews by tinyteacup

I love this cleanser! My neighbor is a Mary Kay Beauty Consultant and she suggested this product when my skin was breaking out (at its worse). I use it twice a day, once in the morning and once at night, and I always follow up with the moisturizer (which is great also!). It has helped clear up my skin, although not completely. It smells nice, has a nice lather, and is gentle on my skin. It doesn't leave a nasty film on my skin, in fact my skin is remarkably soft after I use this. It also makes my skin feel refreshed and clean! Best of all, it doesn't dry my skin out and make my skin burn like other acne cleansers like Proactiv.I will buy it again and I would suggest it to others who have acne prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2009 3:43:00 PM More reviews by morgan522

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

this=love. my dad bought me a proactiv, and proactiv seems to do nothing for me.. my grammy got me velocity and i am in love. i have been tanning so im notcing my skin is getting dry and rough.. i put this on and my skin was sooooo soft! softer then its ever been.. i have rather large pores, and my pores shrunk amazingly! lovin it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2009 8:44:00 AM More reviews by x0kerbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really wanted to likke this but it just didn't do anything for skin. I liked the texture of it..little beads to help exfoliate and it felt clean afterwards. However, my skin was pretty oily with it in the summer and really dry with it in the winter and it didn't help clear my breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2009 5:17:00 PM More reviews by dag4321

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was given this and I like it. It seems to clean well and I like the smell. It is not very exfoliating and slightly drying. I have rather oily skin and my nose seems to be slightly dry since use (just in the crease). I would probably not search for it, but will continue to use the bottle. May be better for other skin types or non-daily use.