Mary Kay Velocity Facial Cleanser

3.7

Water TEA-Lauryl Sulfate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Dimethicone, Comfrey Extract, Dog Rose Hips Extract, Camellia Oleifera Extract, Coneflower Extract, Willow Bark Extract, Sandalwood Extract, Meadowsweet Extract, Chaparral Extract, Golden Seal Root Extract, Cinnamon Extract, Lauramine Oxide, Triethanolamine, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-150 Distearate, C12-15 Akyl Benzoate, Diazolidinyl Urea, VelocityTM Fragrance, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Polyethylene, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, Propylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil

on 11/14/2010 4:16:00 AM

I've been using this stuff for about 6 months. For the first 2 I didn't really notice much of a difference in my skin but then I stopped using the Velocity moisturizer I stopped getting new breakouts.. go figure. I break out every once in a while but not like I used to. I only give it 4 stars because I see no need to have so much of a fragrance in a facial cleanser. I know they also have a Velocity perfume but come on.. you don't need a skin care regimen that smells like your perfume.

on 10/13/2010 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is definitely my favorite cleanser. I have tried so many different ones, and I'm actually gonna stick with this one until the end of the bottle. I never buy facial cleansers more than once, but I might actually get this one again. I really like the way it feels on my skin, and it makes my skin feel really soft after (I use it with the moisturizer too) It may be a little pricey for some people, but if you have my skin, you'd pay it in a heartbeat. I also like that it has a really light smell. I don't really like cleansers that are full of fragrances, whether its a pleasant smell or not. I like to feel fresh and clean after washing my face. The packaging is alright, nothing special, it works for the cleanser.

on 7/30/2010 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Velocity is an amazing product! It really helped to clean out my pores and get rid of acne. The only downside to this product was that it leaves my skin very shiny, not oily, but shiny. I was able to get rid of the shine with pressed powder. If you have dry skin, Velocity will definitely moisturize your skin and most likely won't leave your skin oily or shiny.

on 7/24/2010 3:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product is very gentle on the skin. It has very slight exfoliating properties wich is good if you have sensitive skin. For acne clearing, it works very slowly. So if you intend to buy it for this purpose I reccomend you pass. It has a pleaseant smell. The actual cleanser is a clear gel type and I still have half my bottle left and have been using it for 3 months.

on 1/26/2010 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This my go to facial cleanser. I have dry, sensitive skin and I have tried everything under the sun! Most facial cleasners are just too overpowering for my skin, rather then helping, they irritate my skin causing fine red bumps to rise, dry me out even further, and even change the overall texture of my skin. However, Velocity is just what I need. This is actually a very gentle cleanser formed for adolescents with their crazy hormones changing the texture of their skin on a regular basis, but it's perfect for skin like my own. It leaves my skin clean and flawless.

on 12/6/2009 8:44:00 PM

I used this as my daily facial cleanser for about 3 years. I only stopped because I wanted to try a MAC product (I'll admit it, I'm a MAC snob, even though it was Mary Kay that got me into makeup in the first place). It was the first and only cleanser until my recent new one that would not aggravate my skin and cause worse breakouts. Didn't dry my skin, but was strong enough to remove oil. Only issue I had is that it would struggle to remove my makeup so I would have to use a separate makeup remover.

Only takes a tiny dab for each use, which really makes the product last a long time. Since it's lower in price than most higher end brands, it's super cost effective! I would keep mine in the shower so it was right there when I needed it :)

If my new cleanser doesn't end up working out, I will definitely return to this product!

on 10/1/2009 10:50:00 AM

This is my one and only face wash, I used to have hella bad acne and scars then I started to use this my auntie had a mary kay party..lol but the saleslady said Velocity is for Teen skin and to try it so at the time I was only like 14 so I asked my mami, for 10 bucks she was kinda hesitant, but I have been using this face wash for over 6 years and I have had barely any breakouts or pimples*knocks on wood* and its a gentle face wash. Oh and just a little advice **Use a paper towel and just fold it in half and blot ur face when u get out of the shower instead of using a towel (clean or used) Because a towel not only has chemicals like laundry soap, fabric softener and has been touching other towels and has been in the washer and dryer :\. I started using paper towels on my face vs towels and my face cleared up and that was back wen i first got pregnant wen i was breaking out hella bad But try it it works :)

on 9/7/2009 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I admit it, I can be a real makeup snob and have put off trying Mary Kay products for a long time. I can't put a finger on exactly why, but anyway, on to the product review.

I got this with the matching moisturizer from a neighbor who sells Mary Kay. It was a gift, sweet young woman!

Overall, I feel this is a fabulous product for summer. SoCal has been cruel hot this last month and my other products are FAR too moisturizing, so I decided to finally try this. It has a nice, clean scent. I thought it might irritate my skin, but it was very kind to it while getting it clean at the same time. I finally felt like my skin was CLEAN for the first time in a month. Smooth too.

I feel this will work well for the duration of this heat wave, possibly into fall. Winter may be the downfall for this, as my skin gets very sensitive and dry at that time of year. But, for now, this is a godsend. I will buy this again.

on 9/5/2009 3:32:00 AM

When I first tried this years ago, it seemed like there was way too much perfume in it. However, my friend who's an MK consultant gave me some samples of it and I think I am in love. Maybe they have put less perfume in this cleanser, but something has changed and I really love it. This, in conjunction with the fabulous moisturizer really works to keep my oilyish summer skin refreshed and matte feeling. Awesome product!

on 7/30/2009 10:15:00 AM

I love this cleanser! My neighbor is a Mary Kay Beauty Consultant and she suggested this product when my skin was breaking out (at its worse). I use it twice a day, once in the morning and once at night, and I always follow up with the moisturizer (which is great also!). It has helped clear up my skin, although not completely. It smells nice, has a nice lather, and is gentle on my skin. It doesn't leave a nasty film on my skin, in fact my skin is remarkably soft after I use this. It also makes my skin feel refreshed and clean! Best of all, it doesn't dry my skin out and make my skin burn like other acne cleansers like Proactiv.I will buy it again and I would suggest it to others who have acne prone skin.