Avalon Organics Botanicals Biotin B-Complex Thickening

3.9

Not tested on animals

Purified water, organic aloe barbadensis leaf juice(1), cetearyl alcohol, ceteareth-20, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, dicetyldimonium chloride, dimethicone, serenoa serrulata (saw palmetto) fruit extract, organic calendula officinalis extract(2), organic anthemis nobilis (chamomile) extract(2), panthenol (pro-vitamin B-5), soy protein, biotin, riboflavin, niacin, pyridoxine, thiamine, cetrimonium chloride, citric acid, organic lavandula officinalis (lavender) extract(2), sodium benzoate, organic camellia sinensis (white tea) extract(2), potassium sorbate, ethylhexylglycerin, organic rosamarinu

on 11/9/2007 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the best conditioner I have used for a long time and seeing as my bottle is nearing the bottom, I'll probably repurchase. It comes in a blue plastic 400ml bottle and cost about AU$15 at the health food shop. It has a lovely herbal scent that doesn't linger.

My hair is fine but I have a lot of it, and I have a problem with my hair being weighed down by many conditioners. This conditioner has dimethicone in it (in the middle of the ingredients), which I thought might have been a problem, but it has proved to be okay, maybe because there's less in it than in a typical supermarket conditioner. A small amount of this conditioner is enough to treat my whole head.

My hair grows like a weed as it is so I can't comment on whether or not this conditioner has contributed to any speeding up of hair growth, but it feels very strong and healthy after about 3-4 months of using.

Combined with alternate use of an SLS-free shampoo and a colour depositing shampoo, my hair looks shiny and bouncy and I can get away without using any styling product (I have short hair a la Audrey Tautou), a miracle because quite often short hair looks a bit blah and flat without anything in it. I'd love to try the matching shampoo as well.

Update June 2008: My hair has been foiled using some serious bleach (going back blonde from dark reddish-brown) and I've found that this conditioner isn't quite as up to the job as I'd hoped. So maybe I wouldn't recommend for longer damaged hair, although when I had short foiled hair it was great. YMMV, of course. If I go back to short hair I'd certainly rebuy, but I'm growing my hair out so wouldn't buy it again for now.

Update December 2008: I've gone short and white-blonde now and have recommenced using this conditioner as it is perfect for my hair right now (which has gone from pixie short to being able to be put in a small ponytail in five weeks' time). I've also purchased the shampoo and will update in due course.

on 10/28/2007 8:18:00 PM

I always have to use shampoo and conditioner that 'belong' to each other. I decided to buy the shampoo, so naturally also had to buy the conditioner. This is a light conditioner that does not weigh hair down. However I think it may not be enough 'moisture' for winter - I always have to use a leave in cream after. But it's nice for fine, flyaway hair that gets weighed down easily.

on 7/11/2007 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the best condish for fine hair I've tried so far. It doesnt weight down your hair, just makes it soft and bouncy. Some conditioners leave you with a flat top if you use them on your whole head instead of only at the tips, but this condish doesnt weigh hair down AT ALL. A really great product.

on 4/6/2007 10:40:00 AM

I got this shampoo and conditioner after reading the great reviews on MUA. I must say I was not disappointed! My hair is dry, wavy, and thin but this shampoo and conditioner combo makes it feel so soft and thick! I felt a difference after the first use! Although I'm not sure if it has grown any hair or actually made it thicker (I've only been using it a month), it appears thicker, which isn't that what really matters? The smell is definitely organic, but I don't mind it at all. And the price, $7 for 14oz, is pretty good too for the amount of product that you get. Plus is the shampoo is SLS free and contains 100% vegetarian ingredients! And with how soft, shiny, and bouncy it leaves my hair, who could ask for more?

on 2/2/2007 8:06:00 PM

My hair falls out quite a bit so I bought this to counteract that. I like the fact that it doesn't contain SLS but I don't use it every shampoo. The biggest difference I noticed after a few months of using it is how much faster my hair grew than normal, but Biotin is supposed to do that. However, I noticed better results using this shampoo and conditioner than I have taking supplements. Note on the conditioner, it is good, but I need to use a deeper conditioner too very frequently as this doesn't really do the trick.

on 2/1/2007 10:54:00 AM

I wrote a comment also for the matching shampoo, however because my hair is super thin, and sometimes weak and I suffer from sebhorric dertmatitis of the scalp, sometimes I skip the shampoo and just soak my hair in water and then lather in this conditoner, let it sit for a few minutes and then rinse. The results are amazing. My hair is shiny, full and bouncy... never greasy. I really do love this Biotin B shampoo & condish. Plus with all the vitamins in it... sounds like its really good for your hair too!

on 7/6/2006 12:43:00 PM

Sigh. I was soooooo excited to try this after the wonderful reviews. But alas, it didn't thicken my hair one bit. I used the shampoo AND conditioner without success.

Wow, what a great conditioner, this stuff really does what it claims, it made my fine,thin, hair alot thicker and stronger. The best part is that it is organic, i recall being a bit disappointed the first few hours of letting my hair air dry after using this conditioner, but when i woke up in the morning my hair looked so full of body and bouncy. I have tried several thickening and volumizing hair products, which did not work for me but, this beat all of them. I have only used this twice and i think the more you use it the better is gets, since the second washing looks even better for me. This is really worth the 10 USD. By the way the it smells like lemon so if you dont like the smell of lemon i dont suggest this product for you. Thank you MUA for another great recommendation.

on 2/25/2006 11:33:00 PM

The smell can take a bit to get used to, but once you use both the shampoo and conditioner in this Biotin line, it's well worth it. Both products add a ton of volume and stimulate hair growth. I have yet to be let down by an Avalon hair product.

on 11/21/2005 1:29:00 PM

I have been using this product for nearly 4 years. I decided to try it after I began loosing some hair (I have spurts of hair loss). I really like this product! I have thinning hair and fine hair and this is the right conditioner consistency for my hair type. It does not why it down but it leaves my hair feeling soft!I recommend using this product with Avalon Organics Biotin conditioner. I don't know what it is but there is something in the combination of this product with Jason Thin to Thick that really speeds up my hair growth. Within a week I can see a ton of baby hairs sticking out. These two products are the only thing I have found that actually get my hair back to the thickness it used to be. I can't live without them!! I highly recommend you try both...together.