Avalon Organics Botanicals Biotin B-Complex Thickening

3.9

Not tested on animals

Purified water, organic aloe barbadensis leaf juice(1), cetearyl alcohol, ceteareth-20, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, dicetyldimonium chloride, dimethicone, serenoa serrulata (saw palmetto) fruit extract, organic calendula officinalis extract(2), organic anthemis nobilis (chamomile) extract(2), panthenol (pro-vitamin B-5), soy protein, biotin, riboflavin, niacin, pyridoxine, thiamine, cetrimonium chloride, citric acid, organic lavandula officinalis (lavender) extract(2), sodium benzoate, organic camellia sinensis (white tea) extract(2), potassium sorbate, ethylhexylglycerin, organic rosamarinu

Ive been using this for about 6 months or so. My hair was in a poor state at the time, so I started to do some research. I read the benefits of Biotin as a supplement, and found this shampoo and conditioner here on MUA. I wasn't crazy about the shampoo, I think it faded my hair color a little quicker than normal, but i LOVE the conditioner. After I shampoo (i have sense switched shampoos), i use about a quarter sized amount, then i clip my hair back while I shave, wash my face, etc. By the time I rinse, my hair is nice and soft, when I dry it it still feels great. I got bored of it not to long ago and wanted to try something new, that lasted about a week before I switched back. The little bottle is less than glamorous, but it lasts a LONG time. I love that it is mostly organic/natural. I really recommend letting it sit in the hair for a few minutes before rinsing, it seems to make a difference.

A good light-weight conditioner. Adds a nice amount of body and makes my hair feel healthy and strong. I do find that I need to deep condition from time to time when I use this, but it still works nicely and I love that it's sulfate free and organic. I've ordered it from luckyvitamin.com a couple of times now. You can't beat the price.

They changed their formula! I used this conditioner religiously for years and loved it. When I bought my last bottle, started noticing it wasn't the same, so I looked at the ingredients. Dimethicone???? This wasn't in there before, which is why I bought the stuff in the first place. I'm so upset. Why would they do this? Especially since I don't see how silicone fits in with the whole "organic botanicals" thing.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the best conditioner I have used for a long time and seeing as my bottle is nearing the bottom, I'll probably repurchase. It comes in a blue plastic 400ml bottle and cost about AU$15 at the health food shop. It has a lovely herbal scent that doesn't linger.

My hair is fine but I have a lot of it, and I have a problem with my hair being weighed down by many conditioners. This conditioner has dimethicone in it (in the middle of the ingredients), which I thought might have been a problem, but it has proved to be okay, maybe because there's less in it than in a typical supermarket conditioner. A small amount of this conditioner is enough to treat my whole head.

My hair grows like a weed as it is so I can't comment on whether or not this conditioner has contributed to any speeding up of hair growth, but it feels very strong and healthy after about 3-4 months of using.

Combined with alternate use of an SLS-free shampoo and a colour depositing shampoo, my hair looks shiny and bouncy and I can get away without using any styling product (I have short hair a la Audrey Tautou), a miracle because quite often short hair looks a bit blah and flat without anything in it. I'd love to try the matching shampoo as well.

Update June 2008: My hair has been foiled using some serious bleach (going back blonde from dark reddish-brown) and I've found that this conditioner isn't quite as up to the job as I'd hoped. So maybe I wouldn't recommend for longer damaged hair, although when I had short foiled hair it was great. YMMV, of course. If I go back to short hair I'd certainly rebuy, but I'm growing my hair out so wouldn't buy it again for now.

Update December 2008: I've gone short and white-blonde now and have recommenced using this conditioner as it is perfect for my hair right now (which has gone from pixie short to being able to be put in a small ponytail in five weeks' time). I've also purchased the shampoo and will update in due course.

I always have to use shampoo and conditioner that 'belong' to each other. I decided to buy the shampoo, so naturally also had to buy the conditioner. This is a light conditioner that does not weigh hair down. However I think it may not be enough 'moisture' for winter - I always have to use a leave in cream after. But it's nice for fine, flyaway hair that gets weighed down easily.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the best condish for fine hair I've tried so far. It doesnt weight down your hair, just makes it soft and bouncy. Some conditioners leave you with a flat top if you use them on your whole head instead of only at the tips, but this condish doesnt weigh hair down AT ALL. A really great product.

I got this shampoo and conditioner after reading the great reviews on MUA. I must say I was not disappointed! My hair is dry, wavy, and thin but this shampoo and conditioner combo makes it feel so soft and thick! I felt a difference after the first use! Although I'm not sure if it has grown any hair or actually made it thicker (I've only been using it a month), it appears thicker, which isn't that what really matters? The smell is definitely organic, but I don't mind it at all. And the price, $7 for 14oz, is pretty good too for the amount of product that you get. Plus is the shampoo is SLS free and contains 100% vegetarian ingredients! And with how soft, shiny, and bouncy it leaves my hair, who could ask for more?

My hair falls out quite a bit so I bought this to counteract that. I like the fact that it doesn't contain SLS but I don't use it every shampoo. The biggest difference I noticed after a few months of using it is how much faster my hair grew than normal, but Biotin is supposed to do that. However, I noticed better results using this shampoo and conditioner than I have taking supplements. Note on the conditioner, it is good, but I need to use a deeper conditioner too very frequently as this doesn't really do the trick.

I wrote a comment also for the matching shampoo, however because my hair is super thin, and sometimes weak and I suffer from sebhorric dertmatitis of the scalp, sometimes I skip the shampoo and just soak my hair in water and then lather in this conditoner, let it sit for a few minutes and then rinse. The results are amazing. My hair is shiny, full and bouncy... never greasy. I really do love this Biotin B shampoo & condish. Plus with all the vitamins in it... sounds like its really good for your hair too!

Sigh. I was soooooo excited to try this after the wonderful reviews. But alas, it didn't thicken my hair one bit. I used the shampoo AND conditioner without success.