Palladio Herbal Lipstick

3.9

on 12/6/2007 11:57:00 AM

I have to knock the packaging-my lipstick comes out of the base. I bought this in Geranium, a really nice darker red color. I love the red of this, but with my newly brown hair it's not as fabulous as I wish it were.

The texture of this is great, though, and there's a very good color selection, so I'm planning on trying a few other colors.

on 10/22/2007 5:19:00 AM

I like the nice packaging and cool color selection, but the lipstick went on a tad dry and settled into the lines on my lips really quickly, making it look chalky. Will not buy again.

UPDATE: I don't know what happened. I gave this lipstick another try and it actually works well now. Creamy and wears well.

on 8/3/2007 6:06:00 AM

I bought this in Chianti. It's soft and smooth; it's one of my favorite lipsticks and I wear it almost constantly. It's not matte, but it's not too glossy or sticky. So the consistency is really good. Great staying power as well.. It smells nice, too. Plus, it's herbal, which makes my hippie-dippie anarchafeminist side feel like a do-gooder.

on 7/17/2007 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bought this lipstick on a whim at Sally's. I bought the shade Smokey Rose and I LOVE it! I was looking for a soft matte rose color and found it in this. This is the color I was hoping NARS Dolce Vita would be but sadly that one didn't work for me. Smokey Rose is WAYYY better and only $5.50. Smokey Rose is the same color of my lips, just enhanced. I can't wait to try more shades in this line!

I also bought Roseberry, which I plan to exchange since it's way to bright for me and Smokey Rose is just the bomb. ;) continued >>

on 12/18/2006 4:11:00 PM

No complaint here. I love the color I picked out, Rosemary. To me, it's an "auburn" color, and it looks fabulous with my fake new auburn hair. I was a little worried about drying with this one. Since it's a dark shade (for me, at leastóPPP), I don't use a full application. I use liner then apply a coat of Rosemary to my top lip only and rub my lips together to make more of a stain with it. Even with such a light application, it didn't dry out my lips! The shade is sophisticatedólooks like something from MAC, not a $5 lippie from Sally. :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

Got BOGO at ULTA-Ice Princess-love it! A great color to layer over darker colors-not to frosty, not too pink-not too nude-just right! Also picked up meadowsweet. I am going to try other colors. The retractable liners are some of the best ever. Palladio is a well kept secret!

on 8/7/2006 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Good staying power and amazing color selection, but much too heavy for me. I prefer the sheerer stuff, I suppose.

on 4/15/2006 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this in shade "nude"/HL854, after seeing it used in a FOTD on here. Nude is a pinkish-beige shade that is about the same color as my lips, just a slight bit darker. This lipstick is not hugely moisturizing (slippery/greasy), but it is not dry and matte either. I find the consistency to be perfect--soft and comfortable! I think this has a slight sugary smell, but it is really hard to detect, hence the "I think". This looks good on its own, with a balm underneath, or with a gloss on top. The color stays true as the day progresses and it doesn't turn my lips fushia underneath! The case is a minimalist silvertone that does not look cheap. This is by far better than any drugstore lipstick I have tried. About $5 at Sally Beauty Supply.

on 3/22/2006 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hands down, best lipstick! This stuff does NOT chap my lips (a huge prob for me) or goop on me... This stays nice and luscious for atleast 4 hours before slowly fading away (and it fades away nice too). I find my lips look plump and soft with this lipstick. Also, I find there is a great selection of colors. This totally beats any high end lipstick I've tried before. I will definitely be purchasing more colors!. Oh, and two more great things? The price ($5 at Ulta) and they have testers to try your color before you buy!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!

on 7/12/2005 9:56:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

If I ever finished a lipstick I would repurchase this.I chose Cocoa Glow-a pretty reddish brown that wears nicely.It is a perfect match for Rimmel Tirasimu liner.A great shade for fall and winter for warm tones and a great color with a light eye to balance it out.These can be found at Sally Beauty Supply for around $5 USD.

Recommended for Medium Skin