November 23, 2014 | 1153 users online

Highlighters - Guerlain - Les Meteorites balls powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by sabzter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff!!!!!! I have it in Teint Rose and I'm in between NC 25 and NC 30 in complexion. First off, for everyone thinking that this is a highlighter, this product is NOT in the least a highlighter! This is a beautiful finishing powder that you cannot see at all. At first when you apply it, it looks very blah (not chalky at all), and you're like okkkaayyy, this is like every other finishing powder. But give it like 20 minutes and holy cow! It imparts this amazingly beautiful glow to your face that I can't even explain! All I know is that I've never seen anything like it before! You can't see the powder anywhere on your face, yet it brightens your face and makes it look so angelic. I'm constantly looking at myself in the mirror and I do notice that I get a lot of compliments when I'm wearing this. These tiny little balls are just magical! I usually apply this all over my face with my Diorskin Nude foundation and don't usually use any other powders. Once in a while I'll use some Dior shimmering powder if I want to highlight my cheeks and forehead. Or if I want a little more coverage, I throw on some Diorskin Nude Scupting powder, but since that powder is thick and definitely looks very powdery, I don't prefer to use that often and everyday. I would never pay $60 for a powder, but this stuff is a Godsend!!!! I would get it over and over again! I have a feeling that these tiny balls will last a while though. Oh yeah and no breakouts guys! And believe me when I say that I have the MOST sensitive, acne-prone skin ever to exist---I even breakout with the wrong detergent/drier sheets! One thing to add is that this doesn't provide any coverage whatsoever, hence why you can't see it on your skin as "powder." It's simply a finishing powder that makes you look like you have the prettiest skin in the room. I also notice that any other powder will make my skin matte at first and then oily as the day progresses (esp. the t-zone), but the meteorites NEVER make my face look greasy as the day progresses, not even my t-zone! I'm so so so impressed with this wondrous product, and everyone can stand to benefit with this IMO.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by conceal4ever

This product is sooo overpriced and overrated. The meteorite balls are so annoying and keep falling out of the container and on the floor everytime I rub my powder brush on them. There are also too few color choices--I tried both the darker one and the brighter coral combination--and I felt like I was always in between colors. It's also pretty pricey, and in general I found the powder to be fairly mediocre.

Not impressed.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by debussy2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Bought the tiny set of three in paper "jars" a couple of years ago on Ebay. Came with a pink brush. Tried them -- saw very little difference. Put them away for a while and tried them again recently. Unless I layer them, I see very little effet. I'm quite fair-skinned with green eyes, so I'd expect to see some impact. Not.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by ECPienaar

I have recently just bought my 3rd set of meteorite pearls. The first I gave away as It didnt really give me that radience but since then I have bought the ltd christmas ones that come in lovely tins rather than the old card cases you see in the picture. I wear them pretty much everyday and I think they are a lovely way to set your make up while giving you a glow (but I think that the christmas ones are more illuminating that the everyday ones)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by inhyeo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Before buying this, I read in one review that this product was a 'king's new clothes' kind of thing, and I can't completely disagree with that.

It's certainly on the expensive side (paid 35 for it in House of Fraser), although it lasts a long time - I'd say a tin should be enough for half a year or more.

I have this in Teint Rose. I love that it gives a lovely silky feel to the skin. However, I can't say that I noticed any kind of 'glow' when using it - it looks quite matte on me. Perhaps it's because I have dry skin. It does set my foundation/BB cream nicely - it doesn't rub off at all (I hated the smudges on my phone screen before!). It most definitely doesn't look glittery in any kind of lighting. I have noticed stray flecks of glitter on my face from time to time, but that's maybe 1 or 2 on my entire face, and really tiny - hardly the 'disco ball' effect some people have mentioned.

What it doesn't do is give any kind of coverage, so if you're looking for something to conceal blemishes, this is not for you. It's also translucent, despite the coloured balls - the only way you'll get any colour from these is if you rub the balls directly onto your skin, but even so it won't be obvious. This makes me wonder whether there's any kind of difference between the three versions (I guess I'd have to part with an extra 35 to really find out.)

The tin packaging is very pretty, and the balls themselves are aesthetically pleasing. The product has a sweet scent to it - candy? Violets? I personally love it and find it really relaxing, but if you don't like scented cosmetics in general, you will probably find the scent quite offensive.

The reason I'm giving this 4 lippies is because I love touching my face after applying it. It feels so smooth and soft, almost as if I've got perfect skin (which I don't). Visually, though, it doesn't do much for me at all. The product is a joy for me to use, so I love it and would repurchase (I want to try the other shades). It won't give you any miracles, though. If at all possible, try it out before buying, because you may be disappointed otherwise.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by kolbaska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

disappointed. it definately should be prohibited to use by gals with oily skin. all it does is basically cover your face in tiny pieces of glitter which are noticeable close-up but are not clearly visible from 0.5 metre away onwards. yes, it looked nice on but nothing special, i couldnt see the amazing healthy glow that others swear by. this is not mattifying at all, and having an oily face - adding shimmer/ glitter to it doesnt help at all! it looks 3 times more oily/shiny than getting an oily face without meteorites on. also, this glitters like a disco ball in the sun, "christmas-sirit styles". The smell is nice, to me it doesnt smell like flowers/violets but rather like something clean as in washing powder. the pretty can of meteorites is now just a decoration for my dressing table.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2011 12:16:00 AM More reviews by JLB2005

Bought these meteorites based on MUA reviews but am quite disappointed. I just don't see the subtle glows raved about by some others. Yes, it is pretty, smells nice and imparts a very gentle shimmer, but I see no benefit of this product whatsoever. Sorry.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2011 2:03:00 AM More reviews by claraflo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought these in Beige Teint, the new formula housed in the silver metal tin. Let me start by saying that I only would not repurchase because they are a duplicate product for me. There is nothing to complain about in the products performance, packaging or purpose. I wear Guerlain's foundations in #02 Beige Clair, and this version of the meteorites is perfect for me. The balls are lilac, peach, beige and white. Although the colour of them really is redundant since there is no colour payoff anyway.

Sold as an illuminator I really think they will fall short in that category for most people. If by illuminator you want something that will give you an obvious pale sheen in a specific part of your face, the meteorites will not do that. This is actually a finishing powder that yes does add a subtle luminescence, but for the most part gives a satin sheen that hides pores. And here is why I won't repurchase. I already owm Guerlains Les Voilettes fishing powder so I don't really need another one. Both for these powders do exactly the same thing. Hide pores, give an airbrushed finish and provide a very subtle satiny sheen to the skin. If you own the meteorites you will not need a finishing powder for your foundation. It's worth noting however that there is zero coverage from the meteorites and I seriously doubt they even out skin tone regardless of what colour the balls are. It's a translucent finishing powder best applied with a large soft brush.

The meteorites are such an iconic item for Guerlain that they will never retire them, regardless of how redundant they may be in the product lineup. The new formula is a lot softer. Previously you needed a fairly stiff brush to pick up the powder, but any soft synthetic brush of a decent size will work just fine now. The tin comes with a latex sponge inserted, this isn't for application purposes it's to stop the balls from breaking during transit.

I love my meteorites just because they are so pretty and prettily packaged.I don't regret buying them but there is no need to own both these and a finishing powder as well. One or the other will do. Guerlains powder formulations are very consistent across the line. They all hide imperfections and give glow in the same manner, you are safe with any of them. as with all Guerlain products they smell like candy, fragrance haters beware.

The meteorites would make a fabulous first makeup piece for a young girl, simply because they are so pretty and at the same time, extremely natural and light on the skin. There is no chance an inappropriately made up look could result. All they would do is enhance the already divine skin of the youthful without coverage.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2011 3:15:00 AM More reviews by Juliamoore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hate to rain on everybody parade but I just think that it would be fair to give another side of the story.
I bought the lightest pearls after painful cringing at the price ($60 CAN). After all everybody kept saying that it makes their skin look so good. Well, majority is always right, right? Wrong!!! Always listen to your intuition and look at the ingridients. This bl****dy expensive thing is made out of TALC. Yes, cheap baby powder, that's famous for clogging properties- the very 1st ingridient . I loved the look of the box but opening it was frustrating - there would be dusty particles flying all over in the air (I literally saw my hard earned small dollar signs flying around, what a waste of and expensive product).
My face is a mess and every little bit of help in terms of make up makes a difference for me. I have HUUGE pores, oily face and I am very picky about my setting powders (I have them all: HD, MAC Prep/Prime, Tarte, Dr. Hauchka, Laura Mercier etc. etc). I use lots of mattifing products due to my skin nature and texture so I end up looking too powdery and overdone sometimes. So a little shimmer just brings me back to life.
First of all if you have big pores - don't get it, it makes them so obvious and talc cloggs them, second if you are oily - don't get it, talc will not last and hold oil well. Thirdly if you r looking for an illuminating effect - don't get it, it is way too make-upy sparkly Twighlight type. Who should get it - people with even, nearly perfect skin who r quite burdened with money and carry a big bag around for touch ups. Sounds like Paris Hilton.
Try it at Sephora , go outside and look in the mirror then. I bet then you won't be tempted to waste your hard earned money since what you will see won't cost the hype.

21 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 6:26:00 AM More reviews by cookiedough8

Instant complexion brightener. I use mine (01 Mythic and 03 Beige Chic, version before renewal) as an all-over finishing powder. It sets foundation nicely and leaves the impression that my skin glowing from within.
Expensive, but one box of these pretty pearls practically lasts forever - and I use mine everyday. I usually don't splurge on HE makeup, largely because I can't afford to, but this one is an exception with reason.