July 23, 2014 | 1830 users online

Masks - LUSH - BB Seaweed Face Mask

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by violetsky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

i love lush's face masks and bb seaweed is another good one. people need to realize that yes lush's masks may be $10 or whatever, but they are of the highest quality ingredients, so much so that they need to be refridgerated and expire quickly. and also that every batch is different (which i learned the hard way). ive had some trouble with bb seaweed smelling a little too ocean-y and fishy, which is nasty. but most of the time it smells healthy and natural and goes on great and washes off my skin to a more radiant face.
i also am a fan of the packaging in the pot. you can dig out all the mask and return the pots to get a free mask. and if youre worried about being hygenic just dont be lazy and wash your hands before you dip your fingers in, duh.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2011 12:15:00 PM More reviews by thedallasdiary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not my favorite. I didn't really see much benefit from this mask. It didn't help or harm.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2011 5:26:00 AM More reviews by smileandshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this mask. It makes my skin refreshed, clean and fresh after a hot, humid day in Sydney. Although I love the natural ingredients, clean feeling it gives after using it. I will not be buying it again purely for economical reasons. The mask only lasts around 1 month. I couldn't finish it in a month as I got sick of applying the same mask 2-3 times a week for two weeks straight. I like variety. I usually use cloth masks, mint julep masks, yoghurt and a clinique facial masque on rotation.

I highly recommend it if you have two people (a sister/flatmate/mum) because you will definitely finish this in a month. As I don't have anyone to use this with, I won't be buying as it is too expensive for 2 weeks worth of intense mask-ing.

NB: I am in Sydney so the price is 15.95. I just realised it is half price in Canada! Lucky. I will be stocking up when I head over there in Christmas for sure!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2011 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used to buy Love Lettuce but lately wanted to try something new, that would help more with redness. At the Lush store, I was told that Seaweed mask is pretty similar to Love Lettuce but will also help me with redness. So I bought it - CAD 7.95. The smell is not the greatest but it is really easy to apply it (except the bigger pieces of seaweed that might fell off) and its seems pretty moisturizing (while on). Do not leave it for more than 15 minutes, it will dry out too much. Its easy to wash this mask (unlike other masks I have tried) and my skin feels so smooth and nice afterwards, also the redness was almost gone! Right now, I am switching from Love Lettuce to this one. Do not forget to moisturize after this mask, if your face is dry.
Best part, it did not break me out as Cosmetic Catastrophe did.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by shirininx

My skin: combination, oily t-zone, dry in winter, Asian

I try staying away from LUSH as much as I can after the horrid experiences each time (each time!) I don't.

The other day I read on a blog (there's always a blog!) that their Sweet Lip lip scrub works a wonder. So I went in to get it. Naturally, I tried some other products and took home this one.

I applied a thick layer after shower and gently-as gentle as this stuff allows you-scrubbed away. It broke me out the next day!

Seriously. LUSH? Never again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by mudfish_qx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this at the Lush store, it being my first Lush sample of anything.

Since I knew I was going there, I did a quick search on MUA to see which masks got good ratings and this one was one of them.

Think of this as putting cold, whipped, and thick spinach dip on your face (only the 'spinach' and 'bits are seaweed and herbs). The mask is very hard to spread on your face. It's easier to use your fingertips than your palms. Directions say you have to sit for 10 minutes. I suggest you watch the clock because this product does not dry completely into a crackly mess.

Initially, it made no difference to my skin. I actually have pretty good skin that only needs brightning improvement. However, being in my late 20s I can actually discern the condition of my skin in the mornings.

This morning, after getting only 5 hours of sleep my skin looked amazing. I didn't even owe it to my mask - I just happened to notice. In the shower, I realized it was this mask.

Since I am a proud owner of many sheet masks and yogurts that are to be used on my face, I will purchase this when I actually will NEED a new mask.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Catarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Short and to the point...this mask stunk..bad. Not sure if I got a bad batch but I couldn't get past the smell. It smelled like rotten sushi. Didn't notice anything different w/my skin. Waste of money. Sorry LUSH but I will pass on this one :(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2011 1:40:00 AM More reviews by mimimachine

I used to be a big Lush fan. I tried just about every product for several years and then they lost me for a while and I pretty much used only bath bombs. Recently, I wandered into a Lush store for a cocoa butter lotion or massage bar since I am pregnant and want to prevent stretch marks. I started talking to a super friendly SA and she showed me all the new products. I decided to pick up a few of the fresh masks since, being pregnant, my skin is acting a little nuts. I normally have combo skin that is clear but the "pregnancy glow" is really just oil and I've been breaking out. Plus my skin just hasn't felt great. She recommended BB Seaweed, Brazened Honey and Oatifix. I bought all three since they are cheap at only $5-6 CDN. Last night, I used BB Seaweed. You don't need much and the smell was non-offensive (and trust me, my sense of smell is VERY sensitive these days). It was quick and easy. When I rinsed off, the first thing I noticed was my skin was SUPER soft and smooth. It was literally glowing! I looked like I had just had a spa facial. I was actually floored since, to be honest, I wasn't expecting much. Throughout the day today, my skin has looked great and felt better than it has in weeks and weeks. I definitely can't wait to try the other masks and see the prolonged effects. I also plan to head back to Lush to check out their other skin care products.
My one complaint (and it's a major one) about Lush: THE PARABENS!!!! They DO NOT need to use parabens. Many, many skin care lines are eliminating parabens and Lush needs to get with the program and catch up. Parabens are toxins and not natural! Come on, Lush!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 4:03:00 PM More reviews by odubkids

Love this masks, cleanses and detoxifies. Leaves skin feeling fresh.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Beautyisbliss

This was average compared to the other fresh face masks. This one was messy to put on as clumps of seaweed kept falling off- so I felt like the product was not staying on my face. After rinsing off I didn't notice any difference in my face texture. This was also a HUGE mess. The seaweed clogged my sink and I had to remove it from the drain by hand as it wrapped around the inner piece and became clogged. I do love the other masks though. I still would encourage a try as I may have gotten a bad batch