July 31, 2014 | 1079 users online

Bronzers - The Body Shop - Shimmer Waves in Bronze

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2009 12:56:00 AM More reviews by FoxyLocks

This is a great cheaper alternative to a Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick!!
It works wonderfully, and has lasted very long for me :D!
I use it as a highlighter, bronzer and eyeshadow too! Is also good for contouring I think.
5 lippies from me <3!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2009 6:02:00 AM More reviews by kallaki

i've been using it for a while now and really like it! colour is just perfect for me and not so shimmery as one would think. i like the tan effect of it but i must agree that it can get too dark so be careful when you put it on! for me, it provided a much healthier look than any other bronzer i have used. price is a bit high, i think like all "the body shop" make-up products.
would buy it again though- great as an eye-shadow too!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2009 7:18:00 PM More reviews by vanillalush

really disappointed with this one. made me look tan and healthy. i liked it. but it gives me rough patches on my cheeks, and small red bumps. even on the corners of my eyes, if i use it as eye shadow. it contains talc or something else that my skin won't tolerate. but i still sometimes use it, even if i get those red rough patches. because it does look nice (when my skin and eye area is clear). oh and because it was expensive. i won't buy it again. it'll probably grow old in my make up bag.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2009 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Charlin

I keep trying this again and again but it just doesn't really work for me. It is really shiny and shimmery (well, I should have worked that out from the name!) but a bit over the top. It doesn't really go on that evenly either, even when I make sure that my base is dry and powdered. I agree with other reviewers who say that is gives a glow, but I think it is a bit unnatural looking. The individual colours themselves are ok but are not very interesting as eyeshadows.
Overall, I will continue to use it until it is finished but I'm not particularly enamoured with it. It is quite good value though as you get a lot of product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2009 6:03:00 AM More reviews by swirlsschmurls

Wearing this today and loving it. In the interest of complete honesty, I have kinda put this one aside for ages because I kept thinking it was just waaaay too shimmery for me. The colour, while quite wonderful, could also sometimes look too dark. Fastforward almost a year later, and a girl armed with better brush skills approach this again, much better prepared this time. :) I swish my brush on it, in a cross-shape, if that makes sense, twice across the top three panels and once vertically downwards, to pick up slightly less of the darker pigment. This leaves me with a subtly bronzed glow with no visible shimmer, more of a sheen. Applied it on the apples of my cheeks and lightly as a contour down my nose and on the sides of my face and I didn't look like a discoball - which is a look I'm very wary of, trust me. I want to try it on eyes next. Glad to have rediscovered this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2009 11:58:00 AM More reviews by VanillaLipgloss

I have this & the Bobbi Brown bronze shimmerbrick; this is much less pigmented, less shimmery & not as smooth to apply.. but it is a good, cheaper alternative. It's nice multi-purpose item - use as a bronzer/highlighter and as eyeshadows. Packaging quality isn't that good - the hinges on the lid snap off easily, which is annoying!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Jessiebanana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

There are so many excellent reviews for this and I'm happy other people love this product as much as I do the only thing I can think to add is, I'm a MUFE 175/180 (MAC NW 43-45) and this is the perfect highlighter for me (HG Status). Swirled together it's dark enough and peachy enough for me to be a natural looking highlighter.

This truly shimmers, there is no chunky glitter and the consistency is divine, a lot better than some of the MAC highlighting MSF's. It has better color payoff than the BB shimmer bricks. I would say this would be the equivalent of NARS Albatross, as far as highlighting is concerned, for darker complexions. You'll really glow from within. Also as everyone else has said the colors can be used individually, so this is definitely a multipurpose product.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2009 10:46:00 PM More reviews by 7954

- I use this as eye shadow and loooove it!
- I have used it as a bronzer, and it gives a really natural bronze look.. reminds me of a chocolate mousse colour..

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2008 1:10:00 PM More reviews by erdrynn

I love this!! The gorgeous combination of colors in the pan, the clear plastic packaging that allowed the colors to show through, and the beautiful bronze glow I got from it.

Love how it multitasks as an eyeshadow as well. The brown strip works like a dream on my outer-V for a subtly smoky eye-look that's office friendly.

And like what one reviewer has mentioned, the pale gold acts as a superb highligher too!

Most likely will be repurchasing it. That is, if I ever get through it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2008 2:23:00 AM More reviews by h7georgia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a lovely product, I use it as a bronzer but also as an eyeshadow picking up the different colors.

Only wish the product was packaged a little better, I have had mine for years and travel a lot with it and its almost falling to pieces!!

I have used it loads and there is hardly a dent in it, I don't think I will need to buy another one!!