MAC Virgin Isle Cream Colour Base (CCB)

4.8

on 9/25/2008 8:41:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

What a gorgeous, brightening, beautiful color!! I just recently received this in the mail after ordering it from MAC's goodbye page. I remember seeing on one of the many forums I visit the most beautiful picture of these vivid coral lips - and then reading that MAC's virgin isle cream color base was used to create them! This particular CCB is not meant to be used around the eye area... but it is a dream on the lips and the cheeks. All you need is a dab on either your finger or a skunk brush - once its blended into your skin, you look fresh and awake! Like you went on vacation and came back with a splendid tan and those corally pinkened cheeks! Also makes a perfect bright lip color when dabbed onto lips with clear gloss over - too bad they're taking this one away :( I would definitely repurchase, if I ever run out!

on 7/23/2008 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

How incredibly gorgeous can this be?! Oh......My......God! This is my second CCB after Hush which is nice too. But Virgin Isle is out of this world, something totally different from all I have (and I have a huge stash). In the pot, it looks like a coralish red. But on my cheeks AND lips, it's THE MOST beautiful coral pink EVER! It doesn't apply as red as it looks in the pot at all. I think this is the prettiest color I put on my lips in my whole life. HG! (NW20 for reference)

on 7/6/2008 3:05:00 PM

Although I'm not as in love with MAC as the average person seems to be I saw this in store and knew that this was the perfect summer blush for me. I'm an NC35 in winter but tan very easily in the summer. Some blushes have the tendency to look 'muddy' or unnatural on me but this bright coral totally brightens up my whole face. As I have a tendency to absorb colour on my skin the brightness doesn't scare me, but if you are paler you may want to be lighthanded with it. Staying power is not as good as Nars but its better than most. A definite repurchase.

on 6/22/2008 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

[NC30] I had always been looking for a coral blush and the fact it's in creme form is even better. It looks so bright in the pan but if you use a MAC 187 stippling brush, just dot on your cheeks and swirl. It ends up looking really natural and pretty esp if you have a light tan, your face will GLOW! It also looks great as a stain on your lips if you pat it on. This is a CCB, not a regular blush so its not safe for eye area.but OK for cheeks and lips.

on 5/31/2007 2:35:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is the first CCB I bought. It looked very scary in the pot, as others have commented. Turns out that's a good thing, because it means that you can either use it lightly for a fantastic pinkish glow OR heavily, for drama! In that way it's actually more versatile than other, more "wearable" seeming shades, since they max out at a level of pigmentation, while Virgin Isle can go the distance whichever distance that is.

If my skin is properly moisturized, and I work quickly, it's entirely possible for me to apply it with my fingers. I'm an NC15, so I do have to think long and hard about where I'm putting any color on my face, and this product certainly isn't an exception.

on 5/25/2007 5:02:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

It is a very intimidating color at first glance but with the help of a skunk brush it provides a beautiful color on the cheeks. (I can't do the finger application because then I'll look like Bozo the Clown). This also works on the lips as well. I can see this color on the ladies no matter what skintone. If you are looking for a new this summer shade to add to your stash then this is it! This color reminds me of Stila CC in Petunia.Cream Shade description: Vivid bright coral (Cream)

on 2/19/2007 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I just received this in the mail and the first thing I did was swipe some on my cheeks and *WOW* I looked so amazing, like I had been laying out all day. It was also really beautiful on my lips! I love it and can't wait to use this more!

on 9/13/2006 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Virgin Isle looks shocking in the pan, and I wouldn't have bought it if I hadn't seen it on the MA and fallen in love with how it looked. I have to use it with a very light hand, and it creates a very innocent look in my opinion. The staying power is not the greatest, though, but that doesn't stop me from loving it.

You only need a tiny bit of this as a blush ,and its best applied with the MAC stippling brush.Its a bright coral colour which looks so nice in summer when i have more of tan ,it gives you that tropical summer look.Nice to use on lips as well

on 8/17/2005 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this cream colour base to use as a lip cream, but i ended up not really liking it on my lips, but on the cheeks its pretty nice. Dont use too much, it's hard to get off without ruining your foundation and powder underneath.

Popular Blush Products