November 25, 2014 | 1805 users online

Blush - MAC - Virgin Isle Cream Colour Base (CCB)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2008 3:05:00 PM More reviews by kolokithaki

Although I'm not as in love with MAC as the average person seems to be I saw this in store and knew that this was the perfect summer blush for me. I'm an NC35 in winter but tan very easily in the summer. Some blushes have the tendency to look 'muddy' or unnatural on me but this bright coral totally brightens up my whole face. As I have a tendency to absorb colour on my skin the brightness doesn't scare me, but if you are paler you may want to be lighthanded with it. Staying power is not as good as Nars but its better than most. A definite repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2008 6:57:00 PM More reviews by c00ki312

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

[NC30] I had always been looking for a coral blush and the fact it's in creme form is even better. It looks so bright in the pan but if you use a MAC 187 stippling brush, just dot on your cheeks and swirl. It ends up looking really natural and pretty esp if you have a light tan, your face will GLOW! It also looks great as a stain on your lips if you pat it on. This is a CCB, not a regular blush so its not safe for eye area.but OK for cheeks and lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2007 2:35:00 PM More reviews by aquilinum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the first CCB I bought. It looked very scary in the pot, as others have commented. Turns out that's a good thing, because it means that you can either use it lightly for a fantastic pinkish glow OR heavily, for drama! In that way it's actually more versatile than other, more "wearable" seeming shades, since they max out at a level of pigmentation, while Virgin Isle can go the distance whichever distance that is.

If my skin is properly moisturized, and I work quickly, it's entirely possible for me to apply it with my fingers. I'm an NC15, so I do have to think long and hard about where I'm putting any color on my face, and this product certainly isn't an exception.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2007 5:02:00 PM More reviews by 800256

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It is a very intimidating color at first glance but with the help of a skunk brush it provides a beautiful color on the cheeks. (I can't do the finger application because then I'll look like Bozo the Clown). This also works on the lips as well. I can see this color on the ladies no matter what skintone. If you are looking for a new this summer shade to add to your stash then this is it! This color reminds me of Stila CC in Petunia.Cream Shade description: Vivid bright coral (Cream)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2007 3:28:00 PM More reviews by caleee143

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just received this in the mail and the first thing I did was swipe some on my cheeks and *WOW* I looked so amazing, like I had been laying out all day. It was also really beautiful on my lips! I love it and can't wait to use this more!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2006 10:17:00 AM More reviews by coconoir

Virgin Isle looks shocking in the pan, and I wouldn't have bought it if I hadn't seen it on the MA and fallen in love with how it looked. I have to use it with a very light hand, and it creates a very innocent look in my opinion. The staying power is not the greatest, though, but that doesn't stop me from loving it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2006 3:42:00 PM More reviews by perfectly_pink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

You only need a tiny bit of this as a blush ,and its best applied with the MAC stippling brush.Its a bright coral colour which looks so nice in summer when i have more of tan ,it gives you that tropical summer look.Nice to use on lips as well

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2005 1:24:00 PM More reviews by kmk12086

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this cream colour base to use as a lip cream, but i ended up not really liking it on my lips, but on the cheeks its pretty nice. Dont use too much, it's hard to get off without ruining your foundation and powder underneath.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2005 10:52:00 AM More reviews by brenda8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great blush. It's a pretty shocking shade in the container but used with a light hand, it really brightens up skin that needs it. Its also good value for money as it lasts a really long time and can also be used as a lip colour (and I am guessing a cream eyeshadow).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2005 1:09:00 AM More reviews by jmoda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Gorgeous on lips and cheeks. It looks like a cream version of Milani Mango Tango. Lasts forever on lips and cheeks too. This is what started my addiction with CCBs.