November 22, 2014 | 1465 users online

Sunscreen - Shiseido - Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion SPF 55 PA+++ [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2009 4:22:00 AM More reviews by luvmua

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am liking this! I'm using Retin A so I need serious sunscreen. I'm also super oily and I find that this really minimizes my shine. I've tried just about all HE primers Smashbox, etc. u know what I mean. I feel that this really primes my skin and makes it feel smooth. This product really does many beneficial things for my skin so I can justify the price. I use MUFE HD powder to set my MU and it adds that soft focus (MUFE HD alone did not control my oil well). These two work like a charm together...I suppose I could use another powder to set my MU and I still wouldn't get oily bc of this sunscreen. Multi-tasking products are the best!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2009 1:40:00 AM More reviews by MaYbelYn

This is the best product texture of sunblock that I have seen. Liquid and mat on the skin. My coworker used it for a month and she went to the beach and of course she applied the sunblock but she got a notice black spot on the bone cheek. I also read online about ingredient "Octinoxate" is unstable ingredient that it break down and the UV absorb into your skin, its like you're not wearing sunblock. although it also has titanium dioxide but not seem to work. Has anyone using this long ?

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2009 2:45:00 PM More reviews by JuicyGirlxO

I LOVE this sunscreen! I was looking for something to replace my old face sunscreen from the body shop until I found this on Sephora. This stuff has the perfect consistency and is not greasy and oily like most sunscreens. I apply this everyday under my makeup on my face and neck because I don't want to get wrinkles when im older. This was really expensive and the bottle was smaller then I expected but overall I think that this product was completely worth it. I will definately re purchase this product the day I run out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2009 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Mrs_Pooky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was another product that I liked, but my skin didn't. It left a nice finish which wasn't greasy or drying. It was a great base for makeup, too. I found it to be on the more expensive side of the spectrum, but it seemed like it would last a pretty long time because it goes a long way. I ended up swapping it, though, because it caused me to develop blackheads after a few weeks of daily use.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2009 10:56:00 PM More reviews by rookicass

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product clogged my pores, my skin couldn't breathe and the oil is trapped underneath this foundation. However, it's very good at controlling oil if you're skin is not problematic, do try. But you need to wear moisturizer as a base as many reviews said.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2009 4:51:00 PM More reviews by wish_es

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

like mainly what everyone says, this is the best sunscreen out there right now. i like how its very watery and has a nice scent. it's not sticky, but the only thing i dont like about this sunscreen is how its makes my skin feel kinda dry. i dont use this on my face because of the dry feeling of it. when i use it on my body, it still feel dry. so usually i would put on this sunscreen and wait for it to dry. then i would put on some lotion afterwards.its a good product. but if you have problems with feeling dry, then i would suggest you to try it out at a counter or sephora first before buying the whole bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2009 2:36:00 PM More reviews by azianprideangel

HG SUNSCREEN!!!! It's hard for me to find a HG product but this is it!!! It's non-greasy, does not make me break out or dry me out, and most importantly, it is a stable sunscreen that will protect your skin. It's extremely expensive but I think it's well worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 3:04:00 PM More reviews by sweetie02

Shiseido Anessa SPF 43 was my HG, but the department stores don't carry it anymore. Unhappily I had to swtich over to this sunscreen and was pleasantly surprised. The application is really smooth, and it doesn't make my skin oily at all. It does lack the quality of a makeup base/primer compared to Anessa, but it gives me a more natural look after I apply my powder (I don't wear foundation). Definitely will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2009 10:49:00 AM More reviews by michalehr

Amazing stuff. I'm on my 2nd bottle (they last quite a while being as a bottle is 100 ml, btw) and plan on repurchasing. It isn't very expensive considering the amount.
    Texture is very light, so using the recommended 1/4 of a tsp is no problem at all. I've never been sunburned with this, which is saying a lot considering that I live in a very hot and sunny country and have very pale skin.
    It leaves a very nice, matte finish, and makeup glides over it and probably stays on longer thanks to it.
    Make sure you use a moisturizer under this sunscreen (unless you have super oily skin), because it WILL dry your skin out if you don't.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2009 10:54:00 AM More reviews by calisunsetgirl

Perfect sunblock. I've been on the hunt for the perfect SPF for my face, and this is it. I have combination skin with oily parts and dry parts, and this lotion serves as a perfect primer underneath my concealer. It makes it so that my makeup goes on smoothly...and here's the amazing part - I barely have to use powder on my T-zone areas and I don't have to re-powder throughout the day.

The lotion is milky and liquidy, and feels wonderful on the skin. It also smells lovely. I love applying it everyday. My favorite part is watching it dry to a semi-matte finish, making my skin look smoother and better than it looks without it. BRILLIANT.

I needed a sunblock that I could commit to consistently applying every single day, and this one is it. Other sunblocks will make my skin super oily/shiny and will start to "pill" up in little blocks; I haven't found another sunblock that goes well with my foundation and concealer. This one makes my makeup and skin look BETTER, so I feel motivated to applying a generous layer every single day.

I also had major acne along my chin this month due to hormonal changes and stress, and used this sunblock while I was on oral and topical prescription acne medication. It shielded my skin from the sun and didn't make me oily or cause my breakouts to get worse.

And I love that it's SPF 55. Will keep buying this! HG for sure. One of my favorite products. I highly recommend that everyone give this a try.