July 28, 2014 | 1714 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Lancome - Resolution Eye D-Contraxol

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2004 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Blueness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The packaging is beautiful. The marketing of the product is brilliant. However this did not deliver what was promised. The cream is too fragranced and caused my eyes to water and burn terribly everytime I used it. My poor undereyes are more lined and dry looking now, and my eyelids are scaly and look dehydrated and shrunken! I look at least 5-7 years OLDER after going through a pot of this eye cream. This product is touted as having multiple uses, one of which is to hydrate and moisturize- it's asinine that I should have to use another product entirely to do the basic of basic tasks- moisturize!- when I just shelled out almost 50 bucks for one that 'does it all'. I exchanged the empty pot for some other Lancome products and recieved 2 GWP tubes of this same product- I've been applying it from my nose to the corners of my mouth to help prevent any nasio-labial lines from developing and so far no irritation. In fact, it's been doing exactly what it promised to do for my eyes! I just don't understand this product. The Lancome sales person did her little analysis thing and said I was perfect for it. Oh well. This is what happens when these $9 an hour counter "professionals" try to do an aesthetician's job.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2004 1:16:00 AM More reviews by lobsterh4h

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I saw an episode of "Stripped" and was so fascinated by this product that I ran off to see if I could get a sample. The SA from another line took some out of the jar, and off I went into the land of the HGs.

This is NOT an eye cream that's meant for hydration, and Lancome doesn't present it as such. It really is a "treatment."

The only problem I wanted addressed was some crepiness at one point under each eye, and this has pretty much taken care of that. I apply Kiehl's Light, Nourishing or Lumene's Skin Supporter e/c on top, and my eyes look wonderful whether I'm wearing makeup or not. I SO love this product that before I was even 1/4 of the way through the first jar, I went out and got a second just to have this little miracle worker on hand.

I do have one word of warning, but it applies to any e/c that's full of bells and whistles, and that's to make sure it doesn't get IN the eye. It's not the worst burning sensation I've ever felt, but it's not pleasant, and it has me reaching for the eye drops.

If this doesn't show up as 5 stars, it must be because I feel the packaging should be an airtight pump, and I've written Lancome to say so.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2004 10:32:00 AM More reviews by jennyb

I don't usually care much for Lancome skin care, but this eye cream is terrific. From the first application, I could see a difference in the appearance of the skin round my eyes. I think this is partly due to optical brighteners rather than true wrinkle reduction, but, whatever, it works. It really seems to plump up and smooth the skin, and what's more it sinks straight in, providing a perfect base for concealer (yes, it's not quite that good). And I only needed the tiniest speck on my fingertip to treat the whole eye area. I could see a little pot of this lasting months and months. If you have great young skin, a product like this is unnecessary and probably a waste of money, but if you're just starting to see some lines and teeny wrinkles, this is perfect for airbrushing them away. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2004 1:30:00 PM More reviews by eitakorlando

For the first two weeks, I used this product morning and night and am now using it at night only (I use Zia Ultimate Eye Cream during the day). I really like it and my regimen is working great for me - I've been using this for a month. I am 29 and have some fine lines around my eyes - this has taken care of that problem for me. I think this is wonderful and worth every penny. I agree with the first reviewer regarding the container -- it would be better if it were distributed in through a pump rather than dipping your finger in a tub. However, all-in-all, I like this - I've got the results I was hoping for. I will definitely buy this product again.