July 22, 2014 | 2225 users online

Lip Treatments - Sephora - Operation Smile Lip balm

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2003 10:20:00 AM More reviews by appleland

I got it from swapping. I really like the SPF 15 lip balm idea but oh man...the smell is so terrible. The chemical sunscreen totally turns me off. Usually I am not a picky person when it comes to scent in lipstick at all.

It has an ok texture. I will keep it around because of sun protection though. I used to think about buying it but fortunately I got it from swapping (for extra free stuff) You bet I wouldn't buy it for myself because of the strongggg scent!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2003 11:53:00 AM More reviews by sharkgrl89

Me and my mom both really like this(just bought three of these). Me and my mom first spotted this at the Sephora in Las Vegas. She liked the idea of the cause (and hey we both needed some lip balm) so we got it. My mom has never said anything about the taste of it but I sort of dislike it(that's the reason I took off one lippie). But hey I still use it though because it's reallly good stuff. (If you guys want good lip balm that tastes good too try Rosebud Strawberry lip balm on sephora.com only 6 bucks and you get sooo much.) But all in all this lip balm isn't THAT bad. I'm not going to stop buying just because of the taste.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2003 11:28:00 AM More reviews by dkarnitsky

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am on my second tube, I really like this it is inexpensive, easy to apply and not too goopy

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2003 12:11:00 AM More reviews by galaxygoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Why did I buy this? Oh yeah, because of a guilt trip. "It goes to help children!" she said. Well, I plucked down 5 bucks for a little tube of basically Aquaphor with sunscreen. And a good cause? Well, I think there's a lot better causes out there than the one it is currently promoting. I mean, children are starving, lice-infested, and walking around barefoot in freezing conditions. But EFF all that! They get to have a nose job!! Please. Waste of money all around.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2003 1:30:00 AM More reviews by rfright

Great actual product- my lips have improved greatly when waking up (I use it only at night). No gross morning residue; soft lips. Problem: smells and tastes so bad it's enough to offset any positives. Does have some herbal ingredients which I quite like- BUT that smell!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2003 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Belle143

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm glad the profits go towards a good cause because this would've been the biggest waste of $5. =oD The smell is so horrible!! It's like smelling a brand new shoe but worst hahahah.. with that said it's the same texture as petroleum jelly.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2003 12:26:00 PM More reviews by hellokityy27

I agree with the previous postings.. it's basically petroleum jelly in a tube. Nothing special about this lip balm. I'd much rather just give $5 bucks in cash to this good cause- no lip balm needed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2003 4:02:00 PM More reviews by MiaGator

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good texture, but I can find plenty of 5-lippie balms out there with nicer smells and/or tastes. I've used the tube up, but won't be buying again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2003 6:42:00 PM More reviews by nakobear

This balm was nothing special IMO. I guess since it's for a good cause, I shouldn't complain. And it was cheap too.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2003 7:32:00 PM More reviews by skkelber

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm glad my money went to a fantastic cause, but I was hoping this product would at least be decent. I didn't experience the numbing sensation described by others, but that is probably because I wiped the balm off immediately after applying it since its horrendous plastic-y smell made me want to vomit, a sensation I try to avoid in all cosmetics, and all parts of life.