August 22, 2014 | 1897 users online

Treatments (Face) - DHC - Renewing AHA Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2004 11:05:00 PM More reviews by baksino

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

another DHC item i love. just recently switching nearly all my skincare to DHC. come in a clear frost pumper, i think it's look very sleek and nice. indeed it's like a lotion than cream. i use this in the evening yesterday. my face became pink all over and it sting a bit [the sting last for about 2 hrs for me, but i have very sensitive and thin skin, i guess this is normal for me]. this is the second AHA cream i've used on my face. the first one was ZIA reverse night cream, but since it's from natural source, maybe that's why it didn't sting or make my skin turn color. after about 30 min, my face color turn make to normal and have this soft glow like using highlight. wake up in the morning and my skin look so radiant! skin feels smooth and soft. i love the result!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2004 11:30:00 AM More reviews by lisannabelle

I'm not sure about the quality of the packaging, as I received this in a sample. However, the website shows it in a pump dispenser. I got this from a very nice MUA'er, and I am impressed! It's more of a fluid or lotion than a cream, the product has a very nice consistency--milky enough that it's easy to spread, but viscous enough to stay where you want it to stay--it's not running anywhere (your hands, down your cheeks, in your eyes, etc.). The concentration is 10%, so it's pretty powerful, but my skin is noticeably smoother, the kind of results I would have to exfoliate twice a day to achieve, and even then my skin would be so raw it wouldn't feel like this. It's also pretty addictive--once you've felt your face this smooth, you'll keep going back for more. I've noticed a bit of additional reddening when the cream is first applied, but then my skin returns to normal color. I also wouldn't wear this during the day, but instead apply in the evening so that it has a chance to dry. It leaves a bit of a film, sticky to the touch. The film stays on your skin for around 2 hours, so better not to use during the day if you wear make up. It's also not such a good idea to go outside with this on anyway--10% is a high enough concentration that you really should wear sunscreen, and as expensive as this stuff is, you might as well just add it to your evening routine and save yourself the hassle. But I'm a bit of a purist, I believe treatments work better when applied separately and without make up, and then not disturbed.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No