Neutrogena Norwegian Formula body moisturizer

on 8/13/2006 1:04:00 PM

I have this in the fragrance-free version. It is such an excellent moisturizer for my hands and body. It absorbs in instantly and does not leave a tacky feeling on my skin. It is also paraben free.

on 7/16/2006 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this because I'm Norwegian and ironically, this stuff isn't sold in Norway so I got curious.
That said, I didn't like this moisturizer at all. It was greasy and yucky and just didn't absorb. It just kind of stayed on top of my skin until I finally gave up and jumped in the shower.
I didn't care for the smell either.

on 1/23/2006 2:39:00 PM

Ugh! I used to love this stuff so so much. But one day, I went to buy some more and what do I see written in the top corner?....the dreaded, "new, improved"...from my experiences, that usually means "new and crappy". It used to absorb so nicely and not leave a trace except for soft soft skin. Now, it leaves this weird waxy film, doesn't absorb and smells like those men's urinal pucks..Booooo neutrogena! what in the world were you thinking!?!?!?!??!!

on 3/21/2005 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

i've been using this moisturizer for years and have absolutely no complaints. i don't have particularly dry or oily skin, bodywise, and thus only need this in winter. it's a great product; i get the scent-free one since the regular formulation smells odd to me. i don't use very much, and it keeps the scalies away. a bargain at the drugstore, and i'm giving it a '4' instead of a '5' because i'm not crazy about the packaging! a trustworthy but utilitarian product.

it makes my skin really soft. it does leave a kind of film over the skin though, but i don't really mind it, it's more emollient than the norwegian formula hand cream

on 2/11/2005 12:19:00 PM

Looove this moisturizer, after searching for weeks for a good FACIAL moisturizer I decided to try this on my face since I had been using it on my hands and noticed how non greasy it was. Well, I did and LOVED the results..my face looks much nicer! It calms my irritated areas. I have an oily T zone with dry patches and it hasn't made me break out. I would rather get the scentless one to use on my face but the scent doesnt' bother me since it fades. I like the pump. It also leaves it very nicely prep'd for my suncsreen and makeup.
Will definitley repurchase.

on 1/2/2005 4:34:00 PM

Wow, I can't believe so many people hate the scent of this. To me it smells clean and light, maybe slightly lemony. I really like the formula. I use this before I go to bed and wake up with super soft skin. This is a true moisturizer, not something that makes your skin feel hydrated temporarily.

on 11/19/2004 12:28:00 AM

I've bought this lotion several years back, and remembered that it was pretty good. It was on the pricey side,so I didn't buy it that often. I found it on clearance at CVS, so I picked up a bottle.
Well, It's not as good as I remembered. It's got a nice scent, but it leaves a greasy residue on my skin, and it feels like my skin cannot breathe.
I'll save this to use before bed, and stick with my Curel lotion.

on 7/9/2004 12:22:00 AM

I love this lotion. It's hydrating (moisturizing) and feels great on my skin. I don't feel "rusty" or "hard" when I use this lotion. I also use the Fragrance-Free kind, and since it's free of oil and all that stuff, I use it on my face (and I have super sensitive skin and have never broke out once from this). I reccommend this for anyone, it's a great lotion, doesn't have a nauseating smell and you can mix it with other "non-moisturizing but smell good lotions" to get a great fix. It's a lot, but worth the price and lasts really long.

This lotion is much better than any lotion I've ever tried--the glycerin makes it wonderfully hydrating and it smoothes on nicely after a shower. I got it without scent, as the regular fragrance of it is too strong. My favorite body moisturizer.