October 25, 2014 | 914 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Powder Palette Multi-colored Pressed Powder Translucent

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2007 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oh yes I will be purchasing this again. This is one of the few products I use up and replace. I don't wear foundation. All I do is wash and moisturize my face, brush this on and my skin looks flawless! Not only does my skin look great, I don't look Iike I'm wearing makeup and more importantly, I don't 'feel' it on my face. Easy to touch-up. Who cares if the packaging is a little bulky and awkward. Rave rave RAVE. HG.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2007 3:05:00 PM More reviews by hedgehog2484

This is the only powder that I have ever used regularly, much less used up. I have very fair, cool, slightly oily skin and prefer a natural look to my makeup. The translucent powder gives a bit of coverage and is actually light enough for me to use without washing me out (or turning me orange). I like that it is multi-colored as other powders and foundations can give too much of a monotone cast. I pair the powder with some concealer to give coverage while still having a "no-makeup" look. I think this is better for my skin than using foundation all of the time. The compact is bulkier than some other compacts because the puff is kept in a separate compartment (to give it some air, I believe) and I agree with some of the other reviewers that it can be awkward to use the mirror because it is located in that compartment under the powder. The Physician's Formula line is a bit pricier than some other drugstore brands, but I don't mind paying more for this because I know I will actually use it up. (It's better than having five cheaper powders I hardly ever use.) This line sometimes goes on sale (usually buy one get one half off) and I stock up then. I'm really glad I found this. I started using it earlier this year and am on my third one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2007 7:33:00 PM More reviews by luvactuallyisallarnd

I think this thing is breaking me out :( I was at CVS and meant to buy the mineral wear talc-free product, but chose this one instead. The color is perfect for my skin, it is pretty much translucent. Although it does not stay long on my skin. My skin is normal/combo, and a bit oily on the t-zone and nose. I apply this on top of my moisturizer+TM, and by half through the day my forehead and nose are oily! This is going back to the store for an exchange for the talc-free one--because the talc is probably the ingredient that is making my skin breakout.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2006 2:30:00 AM More reviews by pulaonyou

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this powder for years. I have oily, acne prone, fair skin and this is the only powder that works for me. I love that it has no fragrance and it covers well. I sometimes use it without moisturizer (I get lazy) and it works great. It really evens out my skin tone and even though it is translucent, it gives you great coverage and it lasts. With my acne prone skin, I never break out from it.
I've tried other powders (thinking they were better) - expensive ones like Laura Geller, Bare Minerals, Sheer Cover, etc - but I always come back to Physician's Formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2006 8:45:00 PM More reviews by avanben

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great product! Truly translucent - controls shine, helps even out skin tone without being heavy or chalky, and has excellent lasting qualities. I am light to medium-light so this might be too light for someone with darker skin(?). Although I usually use a large powder brush with this, I often pop this in my bag and appreciate that the puff is kept separate from the product in its own compartment - keeps puff clean and keeps powder from absorbing oils from puff.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2005 5:41:00 PM More reviews by prizmatic23

I got this product in beige. This did not make me "glow" or brighten up my face at all. The only thing this product did was make me looked washed out. AND, it wasn't like I wasn't wearing anything at all because it was definitely apparant that I was wearing powder. I'm sending this item back to the drugstore.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2005 3:18:00 AM More reviews by xsubterranean

i got this in beige and i love it! it's a good match considering there are only three shades to choose from. it gives a little bit of coverage, which makes it perfect to use over concealer when you want your skin to breathe. i like that it combines different tones. very natural looking, as if you're wearing nothing at all. the separate compartment for the puff is great, but you have to flip back and forth from powder to mirror, which is inconvenient. probably my favorite powder that i've ever tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2005 12:39:00 AM More reviews by misguidedrose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great powder. I use this over liquid foundation, and alone with concealer on good skin days. It's supposed to be translucent, but it has the slightest bit of coverage that evens out my skintone and makes me look flawless. Physician's Formula's products are a bit expensive for the drugstore, but I love this powder, and will repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2005 9:45:00 PM More reviews by njr1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this powder! Not only does it help cut down on shine, but it gives my skin such a wonderful glow that my co-workers keep asking if I'm pregnant (which I'm not)! A bit pricey but I will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2004 10:01:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Very impressive translucent powder!! Though its a pressed powder,i use a powder brush to apply it on my face...every time i wear this powder, people say my face is just "glowing"!! I dont need alot of product for my face to look finished. Since its translucent,i dont have to worry about if this color is too dark or light on my face. I use this both for my winter pale face and my summer tan face. I just love the results! It doesnt make my face oily either! =)