October 30, 2014 | 1120 users online

Skincare - Face - Shiseido - Facial Cotton

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2013 3:13:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm hooked on these cotton pads for life. I'll never go back to the drugstore cotton balls, especially the 'generic' brands. My skin is very sensitive (rosacea and hormonal acne) so I need to be gentle with it.

These cotton pads are super soft and non-abrasive. For economic's sake, I'll cut them in half to get more use out of them. These cotton pads are definitely worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Videotapeses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I bought these on the whim a year and a half ago. They are simply just cotton pads, but I have not went without them since my first purchase. They are soft, don't leave cotton lint on my face and just seem to point out every other cotton pad's flaw. Do not buy these if you're not prepared to buy them for the rest of your life.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Jels

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Only pads I will use with my expensive Sisley toner because it allows all the product that you put on it to transfer to your face. Also, so soft I use it to remove eye makeup as well. Sometimes I cut them in half, 1/2 for toner and the other to remove eye makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 6:33:00 AM More reviews by pauvres

Such good value for what you get! These cotton pads are triple layered cotton which means they super soft, but transfer product extremely well. I only splash a bit of my toner on and i can use it on my whole face. It even has a circle in the middle so you know every time how much to put onto it! So much better than pharmacy cotton pads that break up as you use them.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2012 3:26:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

Seems weird to be reviewing cotton pads isn't it? Not for this. I can't say that this has 'transformed' my skin care routine in any major way but the cotton is just so soft and gentle- I love it. These cotton pads are just as effective as any other but I don't mind paying the extra dollar or whatever it is for better soothing care.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 9:30:00 AM More reviews by emilla

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love it! I use it as cotton pack. There is no remain fider,and it not hurt my skin. And cotton give my skin moisture while cotton-pack. Even I use "cheap lotion".
It is no cheap, but it has worth to buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Princesseren

I tried Shiseido's legendary cotton after finding a piece of glass in my drugstore's usual product. I must say that I agree with most of the reviews! Once you try you will never go back. An extra perk is the fact that because these pads are the real thing, they retain moisture way better. Instead of using a pad for each eye, I can get away with using one from both sides.
I would recommend this to everyone using makeup and toners!
One thing to keep in mind is the price though. In Canada it is $9 right now; but the price will increase in the next few months.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by supragurl7

Beware! Once you try these you will not go back! I really enjoy using these. One pack lasts me 2.5-3 months, so it is not really that bad. These cotton pads are sturdy yet soft and silky. They don't get 'linty', so they are good for removing eye makeup. I've tried a cheaper kind I got from a Japanese drugstore ($3 per pack). It was a no-go, it falls apart as I run it over my face with toner. I think a good alternative would be the Muji cotton pads. They are very similiar in texture and construction, but they were a bit thick. I'm very particular with my cotton pads. I hate the ones that are crimped at the edges as I find them too sharp. I also don't like quilted ones, I see those a lot at CVS, Target, Rite-Aid, etc... And finally, I don't buy cotton pads that are Made in China. I get mine in Hong Kong which is only 50HKD which is around $7. Quite the savings compare to the US which cost $9 + tax.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by spinacha

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sometimes I feel like one of the only people in the world who doesn't enjoy these cotton pads. They have received such raves and high ratings, but I don’t particularly enjoy using them.

I found the Shiseido cotton pads to be very soft, but way too delicate. They come apart very easily, especially when using them on an area that is not smooth (e.g. when removing eye makeup, the fibers will get caught in your eye lashes). To keep the pads from coming apart, you have to totally saturate the cotton pad, which is a waste of product.

The fibers shed a lot. They also cause the cotton pads to snag and get stuck to one another. As an example, when you go to remove one pad from the packaging, you'll often either get more than one, or tear apart the pad directly below the one you're removing…reminds me a bit of static cling that way.

They suck at removing nail polish, and will just come apart when using them on your nails.

They absorb a lot of liquid that doesn't transfer over afterwards. For example, when using it for face toner, the pad will absorb so much toner that doesn’t end up fully going onto to the skin when used, so you can end up using more product than you normally would. They are as absorbent as a cotton swab; however, cotton swabs will release a lot of product back when used. The Shiseido cotton pads won’t.

They are expensive, and really not worth it. You’ll get better results using standard cotton pads. I will not be repurchasing.

11 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

If you are really into toners, you need these. They leave no fuzzies and are ultra soft. Thicker than your traditional cotton pads. Feels like they might maximize the benefits of a toner. Especially if you spend a lot of money on a toner you might as well buy these. If I found a toner I loved I would buy these regularly.