December 18, 2014 | 825 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Up The Amp

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by CMarie92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this color! It's very creamy too. It doesn't dry my lips out like a lot of lipsticks do. The color is beautiful too. I wouldn't call it an everyday color- at least not for me- but it's beautiful and I've done through 2 tubes of this and when I finish the one I currently have I'll buy it again. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by cutiepolish24

This is my go to lipstick is just so perfect and makes my lips so nice and the vanilla smell to the Mac lipsticks is just gives it an extra kick. I really recommend this lippy to anyone as it will compliment you. I've gotten a Few compliments every time I decide to wear it which is pretty often. I am sad that I am going to finish it very fast.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by reag91

Absolutely LOVE this lipstick! the best part, i got it free with the Back2Mac recycling program! This is my going out go to lip color! I have a light-medium skin tone with warm undertones. I usually wear this with very neutral eye makeup and a nice winged cat eye, and it looks absolutely fabulous! my lips pop and bring my whole look together! i highly recommend this lipstick!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2013 8:48:00 AM More reviews by rockstar00

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This color did not work with my olive skin coloring. I gave it quite a few tries until I decided to give it away. I also noticed this particular lipstick made my lips feel dry and had a greasy look at the same time. Crazy I know. The color always looked off on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by NightSkyStar786

I LOVE this colour--it's perfect for my skin tone which is considered 'cool'. This shade was recommended to me by a makeup professional at a MAC store, and she was spot-on. I was leaning towards the pale-pink-pastel shades that are so popular but when I tried one on, I looked so silly. Up the Amp however, is a pinky-purple and is perfect for those of us who want the modern looking pastel shade of lipstick but can't pull off the pure pinky-white pigment. I highly recommend this to anyone with cool-toned skin! It's a really unique look without looking like you have hypothermia:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by 1017

UPDATE: On my skin NW20 skin, almost black hair, brown eyes, I am finding Berry Haute much easier to wear. Up the Amp is fun and cool, but I feel like it might sit on someone with blonde hair and light eyes better than it does me. It's not bad, but Berry Haute slips on easier and looks a bit more easy.

ORIGINAL POST: I agree with one of the previous reviewers here (faija I think). While this is similar to Revlon's Berry Haute, Up the Amp, well...it ups the amp. It is just more ooomph than Berry Haute and the texture, color and wear are just more intense, stronger, bolder (got to love that amplified creme finish). Berry Haute is like Up the Amps little sister...sweet and beautiful, but just not yet having the extra sex appeal, sophistication and pizazz as Up the Amp. I love Berry Haute, but it is a much more tame version of Up the Amp (and easier to wear). As for the color of Up the Amp, it is a purple toned shade with elements of berry and fuchsia. I am Nw20 with almost black hair (3n), brown eyes, and rosey lips.

PS - I am pretty sure this and Girl About Town are the two shades that Felicity on Arrow wore the first season. I loved the pop of color on her.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by lippiefiend

I have known of this lipstick but I just never gave in. It looks like a scary pastel purple in the tube. I would always swatch it on the back of my hand but never bothered applying it on my lips. One day, I was playing at MAC with a friend and I decided to finally put it on. I showed her and she liked it, even the MAC girl loved it on me (but isnt that what they all say to try and sell you their products lol).

I have this thing where I wear different lipsticks everyday just so I can rotate and give them all love. And lets just say that this has gotten more love than any of the other ones the past few weeks. It is bright but I think it's more wearable than a red. At least for me it is. On me it turns pinky and becomes more pink as it fades. It is an Amplified, the best MAC lipstick formula in my opinion. It is vanilla scented as to be expected. I wear it with just mascara and a cooler pink blush and it's suitable for everyday.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by sensiluv

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm an NC 45 for reference. This lipstick has fantastic, texture and payoff. It's a very nice color, but personally I use MAC Magenta lip liner underneath to give it some punch. I find this color is a little flat on me, but magenta hits it out of the park. The only reason I wouldn't purchase again, is because I have a lot of similar colors that I don't have to "build" in order to get the effect I want.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by IfeAde

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

MY FAVOURITEEEEEEEE MAC LIPSTICK BY FAR.
the colour is catchy and lovely but at the same time it can be wore so casually as well.
slides onto the lips so softly and smoothly , lasts long enough.
the colour just does everything for me! i wear it nearly everyday lolol!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 12:03:00 PM More reviews by acidraver88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm finally reviewing this after my second tube of this color. For reference, I have medium to tan Asian skin (NC35-NC40, MUFE in #123 and use MAC skinfinish natural powder in Medium-Dark). This color just pops against my skin tone with out being clownish. I've always used pinkish colors but have been wanting a brighter color without the red tones in most other pinks. This one would be a blue-purple base and it just enhances the golden tones in my complexion. Since I also have darker pigmented lips, this doesn't show up as bright and vivid so it is easy for me to use as a casual color with out looking overly made up as well. If you have fairer skin, this may pop and work for you as a "brighter" color. I would categorize this in the mauve family so if you have my coloring but want something similar to this color but more tones down, you should try "saucy mauve" from L'Oreal. I also love that color for my slightly paler lipped look. I pair "Up the Amp" with a peachy pink cheek and shimmery copper or taupe eyes and it looks amazing. I can def picture this looking amazing on dark skin as well.