December 22, 2014 | 997 users online

Nails - Zoya - Remove + Nail Polish Remover

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by MandyLeigh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not too big of a fan of Zoya polishes but I did end up paying for the little pump of the stuff becuase I heard how great it was and wanted to try it. First, the pump is very well made. I've refilled it over and over and the lid and pump work great.

For the product, I loved it so much that when the huge bottles went on a BOGO, I bought two of them. Now $50 for polish remover may seem crazy for just one person but getting two huge bottles of this product for free was worth it. I have enough to last me a lifetime and I've got people asking if they can have some too. This allows me to share.

I do think it is a great thing to use prior to applying your base coat. It does prepare your nail bed with out being abusive to your skin. You won't get a sticky feeling either but I do recommend a good rinse if you have just removed polish or you will.

The smell: For me, I felt like it was not as strong smelling as the non-acetone products I've tried before however it's still a polish remover. I wouldn't recommend using it and keeping it shut up in a room. (I've done this before! lol) unless you have a covered can. It will linger. I dump my cotton into the kitchen garbage when I am done since that one is covered.

Another thing I found valuable is if I get a polish that has been dirtied by say another polish breaking or simply becuase it sat around a salon for so long, this does not remove the paint on the bottle that was meant to stay. It does not leave a sticky residue either. It cleans up the lids beautifully and it does a pretty decent job on glitter. Careful on the bottom labels, use too much and it will remove ink.

Like I said earlier the price is a little spendy but for the amount in get in the largest bottles (25$ each) it will take you a long way and give you more benefits then most. Especially when you do catch it on a BOGO. I would gladly do that again and continue to refill my pump bottle and anyone else around me who needs some too.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Shekthecat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Worked wonderfully as a remover, but the scent is evil. I had tossed the cotton that I used into my bedside wastebasket and I swear the scent lingered all night and woke me up more than once. May look into Loodie's recipe.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Kallia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received a small bottle of Remove + with my last Zoya order. I really don't like the smell of this product. The fragrance is headache inducing and lingers. I'm not one sensitive to fragrance, either. We use home fragrance, B&B fragrance, & I love me some perfume and essential oils. I'm reminded of Aveda fragranced products which don't bother me. I am not sure why this one does.

As for removal, it works well when following the directions on the Zoya website: saturate a cotton ball, hold the cotton on the polished nail for a few seconds, then wipe clean. It took a few wipes for my 3 coats, but did the job decently. If I can get past the smell, I'd love to try this in a scrubby tub. Once I use it up, I will not purchase as it is too cost prohibitive. $4.60 for 2 oz of Remove could get me a nice sized bottle of acetone and enough glycerine to go with it. I normally use Loodie's recipe and am very satisfied.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by wickedcoolmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

by far, the best polish remover i have tried. it takes little product to remove even the intense colors that tends to stain the nails and does a good job taking off glitter nail polish too. it doesnt have that horrific acetone smell that gives me a headache so i will keep repurchasing this one from now. done with nail polish remover hunt!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this remover, it removes even glitter polish with ease! I don't mind the price just because of how well it works! I'm not a fan of the bottle though, even though others seem to like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by ABrushWthBeauty

I've used most every nail polish remover there is and Zoya Remove+ is my favorite! It works well without how to rub and rub and at the same time it is moisturizing. I like the pump bottle. The only down side to Remove + is the cost. I purchase the 32 oz. bottle off Zoya's website and it comes out cheaper in the long run.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by pocky

This is a great acetone polish remover and I went through gallons of it before I learned how to make my own version thanks to the Nail Board. I loved Remove + so much because it removes polish so easily yet never dried out my nails, no matter how often I changed my polish. Unfortunately, Remove + is ridiculously expensive and even more expensive if you go through it as much as I do.

The Nail Board's recipe for homemade Remove + is 1-2 tablespoons of glycerine for every 200 ml of pure acetone. I use this recipe but I don't measure my ingredients. I buy my acetone in 32 oz. bottles and I dump about half of that into an old 32 oz. Remove + bottle, followed by about 1/4 cup of glycerine and just enough distilled water to blend the acetone and glycerine together. I don't know how much water that is since I never measure but I'm guess it's about a couple of tablespoons. I have gone through gallons of this stuff and I will never go back to paying through the nose for Remove +. Also, I didn't think I minded the fragrance of Remove + but now that I'm using my own fragrance free remover, Remove + seems downright stinky to me and I can't go back to using it.

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by buttercup9386

OMG. If you do your nails on a regular basis, like I do, BUY THIS NOW. I know, it's pricey, but it is the absolute best polish remover I've ever tried. AND it's all natural. It has a nice smell to it, even.
When I use another remover, I have to use a ton more and it takes forever. This stuff is accelerated. And I don't have to worry about bad chemicals stripping my nails off.

Tip: if you're using the Zoya Color lock system (which I'm a fan of), after you remove with this stuff, don't wash your nails- apparently it helps the base coat go on better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 1:21:00 AM More reviews by SugaryPlacenta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was reluctant to buy this for a long time because of the price, but I'm so glad I did. I love, love, love this nail polish remover! It works like a charm on all kinds of nail polishes without drying my nails and cuticles, and it smells great! The bottle it comes in is also really convenient, and I love how the pump doesn't dispense too much polish remover so the product actually lasts a lot longer than one would expect. A little bit really does go along way with this. Word of warning, I was an air head when I first got the bottle, and couldn't figure out how to turn the cap (thought it was going to break at first lol) and thought it only released a tiny amount of polish remover at a time (so frustrating and perplexing haha)...so, if you find yourself in this same predicament, rest assured that the cap does twist! So, would I buy this product again? Yes, yes, a million times yes! I actually ended up buying the big refill bottle because of how much I love this. Money well spent if you are into doing your nails as much as I am!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight121

Hands down, the best nail polish remover ever made. I love the way it smells and removes the toughest polishes. It removes my glitter polishes with two swipes max. It also conditions my nails well, unlike other brands that leave them feeling dried out.