Neostrata Ultra-Smoothing Cream (10% Glycolic Acid)

4.5

NeoStrata 10AHA Ultra Smoothing CreamIngredients: Aqua (Water), Glycolic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Decyl Oleate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Isocetyl Stearate, Ammonium Hydroxide, Arginine, Isostearic Acid, Dimethicone, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Dicetyl Phosphate, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben.

on 11/28/2009 11:05:00 PM

This HG for me... I've used it for almost a year now and I've only good results. No breakouts anymore. Pores are more refined and fine lines are not so obvious anymore. I usually use it only at night but if I'm staying indoors the whole day I'll use it day time too. Iit does gives the face an oily sheen but it's nothing a blotting sheet can't fix.

on 8/23/2009 1:46:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I use the Smoothing Cream Level 3 along with the Peeling Solution to help combat my acne. It is doing wonders to help clear up my face, however my forehead does not seem to be affected by these products. I love the consistency of this cream - it is not too heavy for summer, will probably be fine for winter (I like my face creams/lotions to be good year round, as my skin is fickle and hates having to adjust, and readjust as the seasons go by). A little of this product goes a long way because it is just so smooth and spreads so easily. My face feels properly moisturized and is so smooth. My face doesn't seem to be getting oily by 10 AM, so I believe that this cream has contributed to help keep oiliness at bay. Overall a very good product, and I will continue to use it nightly (I used it day and night for 10 days straight). I will be repurchasing this once I am done this jar.

This product is amazing! It has worked miracles. My skin is now so soft it has cleared up all the bumps on my cheeks and I hardly ever break out anymore. I have had this product for like 4 months now and there is still lots of product left in the bottle, it lasts for ages! The only annoying thing about this product is that the packaging is really bad.

on 11/19/2008 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Because I am pretty sensitive to glycolic acid, but love the smoothness and exfoliation that it gives, I use this as a mask once a week. I smooth it on my skin and let it sit for about 20 minutes, after which I rinse, pat dry, and then follow up with Fresh's Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask to soothe my irritated skin. The end result is nice, smooth, hydrated skin. This might not work for everyone, so try with caution if you are sensitive to glycolic acid.

on 11/18/2008 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a great 10% AHA cream (note NOT a moisturizer its a treatment cream) This will dry your skin out after a couple of days. This gives me blackheads after awhile (my skin develops blackheads if my skin gets too dry). So I have to wear a moisturizer over the top of this. This makes my skin so clear and smooth. BUT it's not great for me and my routine. At night I like to use cleanser- toner- serum- then this product, then a moisturizer over the top, it's too much!!!! I then looked around and found the Peter Thomas Roth 10% Glycolic acid moisturizer. It is perfect, gives me the same results and is moisturizing enough to wear over my toner and serum. So I won't buy this again. But it works wonderfully.

on 11/5/2008 12:07:00 AM

Love love love it!! It really cleared up my face and seemed to make it glow more too!

on 8/6/2008 4:13:00 PM

This product is now part of my regular summer routine. I used the Neostrata Bionic lotion last summer and loved it. This summer I switched to the stronger 10% AHA Ultra Smoothing Cream and it suited my skin really well. I use this every other night and wake up with super smooth skin in the morn. I especially saw the difference the first couple weeks I used it. Would highly recommend to others!

on 5/31/2008 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use this with the neostrata 20% facial peel.I love this line.The facial peel gives you such a dramatic difference after 1 use.I use it 2-3 times a week and use the 10% cream afterward.Love it.

This year i was blessed with terrible acne for the first time ever. I bought this to even out my skintone and to slowly clear out my dark, annoying acne scars. I used it at night and when i woke up my face was burning, itchy and i got these little red bumps everywhere. I stopped it for a couple of weeks and used it again, but with a much less amount and more moisturizer. I woke up again in the morning and my skin was scorched! I guess my sensitive, combination skin can't take glycolic acid....it may be too much for some sensitive people. But i love neostrata and their products so for now i'm sticking with AHA's.

on 2/7/2008 10:39:00 AM

I love neostrata products, this makes my skin very smooth, and it does seem to help with under the skin zits, helps my acne clear up quicker. I use this along with the neostrata toner