July 30, 2014 | 1982 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Pink in the Afternoon

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2013 3:51:00 AM More reviews by lydiaxaidyl

While the color swatches very nicely on my hand the formula is very dry and doesn't apply evenly on my lips.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by susiej

I bought this lipstick after developing a bit of an obsession with the makeup Audrey Hepburn wears in Breakfast at Tiffany's. I'd watched the Lisa Eldridge tutorial quite a few times but- as truly beautiful as that was, I didn't think the lip colour was quite accurate. I did a little bit of researching and was led to 'Pink in the Afternoon' by Revlon as the shade that I was looking for.

And it hasn't let me down! On me I'd describe it as a medium, warm toned rose. I think it gives a really polished look- for someone who likes to look 'done' but who isn't trying too hard. With my colouring, it definitely matches the Hepburn look.

Formula wise it is creamy but not excessively so, so that it cakes or sits too heavy on the lips. I wouldn't describe it as hydrating but neither is it particularly drying on me. Lasting power is average and it survives a meal not too badly. It fades reasonably well with a slight predisposition towards the edges.

Overall I am really happy with this lipstick- it really does complete the Holly Golightly look and is affordable to boot.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by ylingsbling

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I wear this a lot, its a go to when I do blue shaded eyes. Rosy, creamy pink rose petal shade. My only Revlon shade and I would buy if I run out of it or lose it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by blissful3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was on a search high and low to find the best pink lipstick to suit my face and this is it! It just compliments any makeup look I have on and is my go to lipstick. The texture is just perfect and feels creamy on the lip. I can't stop looking at my lips every time I wear this and pass a mirror...conceited ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Shelbsca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favorite lipsticks and is the most complementary shade I own. A lot of lipstick shades don't work for me because I have very pale skin- I can't wear reds, oranges, true corals, fuchsias, hot pinks, nudes, or baby pinks. So that doesn't leave a lot of options! If you are searching for the perfect everyday, neutral, pretty pink nude, this is it.

Shade- a warm toned, neutral pink that doesn't "pop" too much but stands out enough to look absolutely beautiful. It's so hard to find a lip product that makes your lips stand out but is also neutral/natural. I think "Pink in the Afternoon" is the perfect name for this shade and is pretty true to the swatches of it online. It really does seem like a deepened, afternoony pink. I love it, and it looks good for all looks and all seasons.

Lasting Power- Pretty damn long. I honestly did not expect it to last so long! I put it on at 9:30 AM, and after drinking coffee, a little bit of kissing, and a light lunch, the color was definitely basically the same at 12:30, almost no fading. It was more like a stain than first applied, all that had gone away was a tiny bit of the "luster."

Application/Finish- satin, mostly matte though. For some unknown reason, this lipstick makes my lips look way fuller. The finish is also flawless- some lipsticks have that sort of uneven finish, but this is definitely not that. It's very easy to work with and is so buildable!

Packaging: Not something I find as important, but I don't have any problems with it. It's just a normal tube of lipstick.

Overall, I will keep using this as my staple lipstick and recommend it to anyone who is looking for a staple lipstick. It's a necessity to any growing collection of lip products!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by stargrl3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Where has this lipstick been all my life? So yesterday I saw my local drugstore having a sale on all Revlon Superlustrous lipsticks for under $4. I heard that this was the lipstick (or at least the same shade) Audrey Hepburn wore in Breakfast and Tiffany's and decided I'll try it out. I fell in love with it immediately. It is the perfect midtone pink for fair skinned girls with warm undertones like me (NC15/20). I have been searching forever for the right pink that doesn't wash me out as many cool-toned pinks have and I'm so glad to have picked this up. I like that this is pigmented yet the color is not so strong that it screams at your face. It is very wearable and versatile and I think it will be my holy grail go-to lipstick. I like the texture and longevity too, it reminds me of MAC lipsticks at a 1/4 of the price. Can't wait to try out more from this line.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by swimmingpretty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Had a make up obsession for yellow based pinks to go with my warm skin tone (NC45) a couple of months ago as an alternative to the brown pinks I wear everyday or the hot pinks I wear when going out. I had nearly called off the search until I looked at this...

God I love Revlon lip products...I have four of these super lustrous lippies and they are all awesome but pink in the afternoon is an everyday salmon pink pick me up...

I almost didn't buy it cos it looked so pale but don't be scared, it looks pale but it can be worn sheer. For everyday wear I don't put this all over the lips like regular lipstick but only on the inner part of my lip then rub my lips together for a really natural look. If I want to step it up it doesn't overwhelm any lipliner I put with it and it is awesome with gloss. Just don't be scared and try it!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2013 7:42:00 AM More reviews by BulkyDecorativeClock

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A good, basic ballet pink shade for me!

I have fair skin with pink undertones & pigmented (rosy) lips and this color, although lighter than my actual lip tone, is no nude on me. I can best describe it as a bright, light peachy or coral-pink cream.

I really love the way this color lights up my face, but it is a little too matte--by that I mean DRY! No real problems with lipbalm, but not ideal. :-) continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Currently, one of my favorite nudey pink lipsticks. It is quite darker than nude on my lips since I am a NW15. But it looks amazing with any outfit I wear and can stand on its own without heavy make up to glam up a casual look. It has a really 'pretty girl' look and pairs well with NARS orgasm blush, making anyone look like they aren't trying too hard.

This brand of Revlon lipsticks is on point with the higher end brands. It is really moisturizing and beats out MAC lipsticks in that respect.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by AndreaaaMariee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is one of the only lipsticks that I'll wear. I normally HATE lipsticks but this color is so pretty. It goes with anything!