December 18, 2014 | 1675 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Bath and Body Works - Warm Vanilla Sugar Body Lotion

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Doreen1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I adored the beautiful fragrance of Bath and Body's Warm Vanilla Sugar until they added Shea Butter and Jojoba and completely altered it's fragrance. What once was an aromatic musk fragrance is now that of a sickening sweet cookie. I hope the company realizes they ruined a great product and brings back the old formula.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2011 8:38:00 AM More reviews by serenao

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This product smells like exactly what it is= cheap. It smells like a watered down vanilla, there really is no other way to describe it. Vanilla is supposed to be warm, this one almost feels cold. Hate this, and I usually love vanilla. For something that smells way better at a similar price point, Lavanila in Pure Vanilla. Much better choices, as they are TRUE vanillas.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 11:42:00 AM More reviews by iberian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

BLECH. This smells like chocolatey plastic. You know that chemical smell that new plastic containers give off? That's what this smells like, mixed with a bit of vanilla/chocolate scent. Gross, and it won't scrub off very easily either. Glad I only bought a tiny travel size, because on skin this smells nothing like it does in the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2011 8:04:00 PM More reviews by silverain82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't currently have this product...but I fully intend on buying it again in the next few days. I used to mix the WVS body splash with the Black Raspberry Vanilla lotion, and they smelled wonderful together! I ALWAYS got compliments when wearing it! This review is for the lotion though... this was my favorite bedtime lotion. I would use it right before going to sleep... it's such a warm & cozy scent! Perfect to relax you and make you feel cozy and comfy!! I am really looking forward to buying some in the next few days! Definitely one of my favorite BBW scents!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2011 11:18:00 PM More reviews by amnahp12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know what it is about this product - I've been seeing lots about the reformulation of the scent, but not having sniffed the original, I can only talk for the current, and can I say - EAUGH!
Now keep in mind that I consider this [or had been considering it] my signature scent - the body splash is enticing, sexy and romantic and warm and cuddly all at once, but in the lotions and shower gels, I don't know WHAT happens. They seem to acquire and retain a sickly sweet, plasticky scent that doesn't go away and carries none of the sexy notes in the body splash. [And on that note, even the EDT is a little bit '*too* warm and ends up being bland and boring ... what gives?]

EDIT Dec. 7 2011
So either I got a bad batch, it had gone bad, or they reformulated -- because NOW when I smell new the WVS lotion, it smells heavenly and delicious! It's a slightly more grown-up, musky version of vanilla bean noel - but not as grown up and seductive as vanilla noir. I can come back to shamelessly loving it :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Hanouna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this scent. It's not overly sweet and mixed well with various perfumes layered on top. Great formula, very moisturizing and perfect for my dry skin. This is by far my favorite lotion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 11:54:00 AM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love vanilla more than any other scent, but I find this cloying. And as I find with most Bath and Body works lotions, kind of greasy and not all that moisturizing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2011 9:41:00 PM More reviews by jann8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Vanilla done right is warm and sexy. This used to be pretty good, but now it smells cheap and plasticy.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2011 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Listerine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

BBW!! What have you done? I just finished my last batch of Warm Vanilla Sugar lotion that I got during a fabulous sale early last year. I needed a new bottle, so I grabbed one, not bothering to smell because this is a classic, right? WRONG! They have totally changed the scent. So, totally might sound extreme as it's still vanilla, but I'm picky about scents, and I loved the old formula. The previous scent was warm, fresh vanilla with a subtle hint of sandalwood that gave it a powdery depth. Now it's sweet vanilla with some plastic and wet cardboard notes. Horrible.

I want to petition BBW to bring back the old scent :(

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by TootsDiva84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm not a fan of the smell, something about it annoys me, and i can't say what. When i smelled it in store i was in love. Then i brought it home and wore it and the scent lingers, which is good but i can't stand the scent anymore so try not to use it much.