Bath and Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar Body Lotion

3.8

on 8/22/2011 2:01:00 PM

I love vanilla, it is one of my all time favorite scents and this scent does not disappoint. It is more of a fall and winter scent because in the summer it can be a bit cloying and sweet when mixed with the heat. The lotion has great staying power especially when combined with the body spray and has such a warm and inviting scent. B&BW tends to go through different vanilla scents quickly, but I am happy that this one is still around as it is classic. I always have some on hand, it really is a great vanilla scent!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love Warm Vanilla Sugar. They did change the scent a bit, but it still smells delicious to me.

I recommend and I use this as a base scent because of the strong sugar/vanilla notes and I find it goes great almost all scents.

The scent is more caramelized sugar than vanilla, and it lasts pretty long on my skin. It is a warm comforting gourmet scent and I think it is perfect year round.

The body lotion is always moisturising and the packaging is a squeeze type bottle.

I will re-purchase this again and I hope you will purchase it too! A bbw timeless scent. continued >>

on 7/25/2011 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

i don't know how to describe this other than it's such a sweet romantic smell. I am not a big fan of sweet scent but I adore this a lot, it's always been my favorite and haven't gotten tired of this. I hope that they never discontinue this.

on 7/13/2011 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I adored the beautiful fragrance of Bath and Body's Warm Vanilla Sugar until they added Shea Butter and Jojoba and completely altered it's fragrance. What once was an aromatic musk fragrance is now that of a sickening sweet cookie. I hope the company realizes they ruined a great product and brings back the old formula.

on 6/24/2011 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product smells like exactly what it is= cheap. It smells like a watered down vanilla, there really is no other way to describe it. Vanilla is supposed to be warm, this one almost feels cold. Hate this, and I usually love vanilla. For something that smells way better at a similar price point, Lavanila in Pure Vanilla. Much better choices, as they are TRUE vanillas.

on 6/15/2011 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

BLECH. This smells like chocolatey plastic. You know that chemical smell that new plastic containers give off? That's what this smells like, mixed with a bit of vanilla/chocolate scent. Gross, and it won't scrub off very easily either. Glad I only bought a tiny travel size, because on skin this smells nothing like it does in the bottle.

on 6/11/2011 8:04:00 PM

I don't currently have this product...but I fully intend on buying it again in the next few days. I used to mix the WVS body splash with the Black Raspberry Vanilla lotion, and they smelled wonderful together! I ALWAYS got compliments when wearing it! This review is for the lotion though... this was my favorite bedtime lotion. I would use it right before going to sleep... it's such a warm & cozy scent! Perfect to relax you and make you feel cozy and comfy!! I am really looking forward to buying some in the next few days! Definitely one of my favorite BBW scents!!

on 4/17/2011 11:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I don't know what it is about this product - I've been seeing lots about the reformulation of the scent, but not having sniffed the original, I can only talk for the current, and can I say - EAUGH!
Now keep in mind that I consider this [or had been considering it] my signature scent - the body splash is enticing, sexy and romantic and warm and cuddly all at once, but in the lotions and shower gels, I don't know WHAT happens. They seem to acquire and retain a sickly sweet, plasticky scent that doesn't go away and carries none of the sexy notes in the body splash. [And on that note, even the EDT is a little bit '*too* warm and ends up being bland and boring ... what gives?]

EDIT Dec. 7 2011
So either I got a bad batch, it had gone bad, or they reformulated -- because NOW when I smell new the WVS lotion, it smells heavenly and delicious! It's a slightly more grown-up, musky version of vanilla bean noel - but not as grown up and seductive as vanilla noir. I can come back to shamelessly loving it :)

on 3/23/2011 1:28:00 PM

I love this scent. It's not overly sweet and mixed well with various perfumes layered on top. Great formula, very moisturizing and perfect for my dry skin. This is by far my favorite lotion.

on 2/22/2011 11:54:00 AM

I love vanilla more than any other scent, but I find this cloying. And as I find with most Bath and Body works lotions, kind of greasy and not all that moisturizing.