October 1, 2014 | 1818 users online

Eyeliner - Wet 'n' Wild - Mega Liner - Black

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by FlannyCupcake

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

One of the reason I keep coming back to Wet 'n Wild products is the price and the quality. This eyeliner great, it goes on very black and clean. Once it's on, it isn't going anywhere.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Nirhtuc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm familiar with the popularity of this product, and was a fan of Megaliner in Dark Brown (it complemented my brown eyes wonderfully). I've always wanted this in black, so I got one from eBay for about AUD $12 (since this brand is not available where I live).

It was a joy to wear for the first month of use. The fairly thin brush applicator made it easy for my clumsy hand to draw thin and thicker lines, cateyes, and my new favourite, the Japanese droopy eye line. A month later, the brush has frayed off significantly, it's a lot harder to do thin lines, and the product has become gloopy and clumpy (despite having stored it in a cool area)... no love! :(
The only pro I can think of for now is the ease of removal- yes, it is very easy to remove even just with water.

Having said all this, it's probably much cheaper to buy this in countries where it is stocked (I've heard that it could be as cheap as $3 in the U.S.), so I highly recommend Megaliner to beginners! I have just placed an order for a Heroine Kiss Me Make Impact Liquid Wyeliner from Japan- I hope that one will work better for my new eyeliner look!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 5:22:00 PM More reviews by beautyforless

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My first foray into liquid liner found me at CVS with some leftover cash after buying hair dye. This was my first Wet 'n' Wild product I got and it certainly wasn't my last! This brand has incredibly high quality makeup at insanely low prices. The eyeliner I purchased lasted me months with everyday wear, so you're getting great value for the money.
It's so easy to apply and the color is very pigmented. Great for a dramatic look. What I find amazing is that it lasts so long, but when I went to remove it, easy as can be, came off with a quick swipe of makeup remover.
Drugstore products like these always make me question the sanity of those self-professed makeup snobs who insist on buying everything high end and would never think that something this great could be this cheap. If you're looking for a liquid liner, do yourself a favor and get this.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by astrogirl7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Good basic black eye liner.
Cruelty free.

Dries fast, easy to remove. Really nothing fancy about it, just works well. This liner lasted over a year for me, didn't dry out or change texture.

Much better than its E.L.F. brand counterpart.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2012 2:30:00 AM More reviews by miszdeniise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

WOW...surprised I love this. I am a total high end snob, have been using Lancome Artliner and a Chanel liner and never really liked the way they looked so I didn't really use liner until I got this! I love the brush and love the look of the liner, its soooo good and sooo cheap! I will totally repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by ilikeninjas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is easy to use, and easy to take off if you mess up.
It doesn't smudge, it dries quite quickly.
It's great and it's cheap.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Ellebells

I'm amazed how great this product works for the price! It is pretty cheap (around $3 i think..). It has nice pigmentation and lasts all day. The brush can be flimsy sometimes, but it is easy to work with and create good lines. I would overall say this is a good product, not the best, but great for the affordable price.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by songforlostlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I actually really like eyeliners that are more pen-like, but I find that they dry out way too fast. The next best for me has been liquid eyeliner. I really loved this product because not only is it cheap (I think I paid about $3) compared to other liquid eyeliners but it works really well. I usually don't wear make up, so I didn't want to pay a lot. It's kind of a hit or miss when going to stores and trying to buy this. Anyways, love love love this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 7:36:00 AM More reviews by miszdeniise

WOW I love this. Im a complete HE Girl. I never step in drug stores for makeup unless its for some DS things I like. But my Lancome Artliner just wasn't cutting it, so I tried this and I love it! I love the brush and I love the color and application! Plus its so cheap!! Like $3! Try it, if you dont like it its only 3 dollars.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Triscuits

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm in the process of testing the most popular drugstore eyeliners, mostly those that are touted as being very black and waterproof/smudgeproof, so if that's what you're looking for, feel free to check my profile for further reviews/comparisons. As of writing this review, it is the second review among the many many eyeliners I have purchased for this purpose.

PRO'S:
*Very black (on my hand, anyway, see cons)
*Doesn't smudge

CON'S:
*Flakes off, leaving huge, jagged fleshy gaps on the lashline. And it does this within just an hour or two from application. This con makes this eyeliner absolutely unwearable for me.
*This eyeliner is very matte and very black, which is actually what drew me to it, however... while it doesn't reflect light in a reflective, shiny way, it does reflect light in a dull and muted way, making the eyeliner look grey where light is hitting it, and, well, it looks like a permanent marker. Don't get me wrong, it looks blacker and matter and perfect when swatched on the hand, especially when side-by-side with other liners (including the WNW H20), but on my eyes it doesn't look as black because of how the light hits it, it looks grey and dull in parts, does not visually blend well with my mascara-coated lashes (nor falsies) at all, and is not as black on my lashline as all the other liners I've purchased for my little experiment.
*Looks harsh, the matte pigment of this liner really does make it look like I lined my eyes with a sharpie marker and not a real eyeliner.
*Runs, badly, humidity alone will make it run. Don't cry or let your eyes water or be near a humidifier if you're wearing this stuff. (not something one can really plan for, though)

This eyeliner was the one I was the most excited to try, and expected the best results at least cosmetically because of hand swatches I had seen online and in youtube reviews, and because I really cannot stand vinyl-looking reflective eyeliner. But this eyeliner ranks at the very bottom of the drugstore eyeliners I have purchased for my little experiment.

I do not recommend this eyeliner at all.