November 27, 2014 | 1365 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Avene - Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2006 4:35:00 AM More reviews by TinaGreece

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

*PIC* Ehmmmm, this is an ok eye cleanser. I really don't like the bottle as it's stiff and product doesn't come out easily and you can't really squeeze it, so you have to sort of shake it for it to dollop out. It's a clear runny gel, which does stay put when you apply on a cotton pad, so I have to smear it around with my finger tips. It does seem to hydrate the eye area, but i would have to disagree with how gentle it is. It irritates my eyes somewhat, seeing I use a q-tip to get rid of my eye-liner and mascara traces, which means alot of up close and personal contact with my eye, and i can't say it's that gentle, not tragic or anything, but i would prefer it to be more mild. It does get rid of eye-make up rather well, you don't have to tug and pull around the eye area so that's a plus. It's an ok product, i will use it up, but will definitely not re-purchase.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2006 1:41:00 AM More reviews by bhank

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this eye makeup remover for two weeks and am very pleased. I use a q-tip to gently remove the last traces of mascara or shimmery eye shadow that often remains after cleansing. This product absolutely does not sting my eyes and even leaves a trace of increased hydration behind. I've also used and liked the Lancome Bi-Facil Eye makeup remover, but found that though it worked well, it left a distinctly greasy residue behind. The Avene does not. It's a very well-formulated product. Also, from an aesthetic standpoint, the packaging is simple and elegent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2005 3:40:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have highly reactive sensitive skin (I can only use Mir), but luckily the sensitivity doesn't stop me experimenting with eye make-up removers and eye creams as my eye area isn't as sensitive. This is very calming. It doesn't irritate my eyes at all, and definitely doesn't sting me. It's a thin gel texture - you don't need much. I apply it with a damp cotton pad as I find the extra moisture makes for a cleaner swipe and the product goes further. There is no redness around my eyes after using this. Last night I did a test - this on one and Ren sensitive cleanser on the other and the eye I applied this to was clearer, felt less tugged, and was brighter. I shall buy this again; I love the packaging and feel of the product. I can't use all of the Avene line but that's because I have problem skin. Worth a try.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2005 9:11:00 AM More reviews by mcorreia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I have to agree with Eggs! I bought this because I was having a kind of eyelid allergy: it nearly made me blind!! Is stings like hell and I can't believe it's advised for sensitive eyes... And Yes! I tried it again when the allergy gone but the sting effect did occur again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2005 4:56:00 AM More reviews by eggs

I bought this on a whim yesterday in Boots since they'd run out of my usual eye makeup remover. Despite all the "gentle" "soothing" "anti irritating" claims on the bottle and insert, this is probably the worst I've ever tried.
It stung my eyes like crazy, including the surrounding skin, and left my eyes bloodshot and tender. Puzzling because I don't have particularly sensitive eyes (no more than most people I guess). And being quite a practical type, I mostly try to use up products even if they aren't perfect... however i'll make an exception in this case because I simply can't use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2004 7:04:00 AM More reviews by Muzzie

I was pleasantly surprised when I first tried this eyemakeup remover from Avene.. it is quite a thick, clear gel rather than the normal runny liquids I have used in other ranges. It doesn't just soak through the cotton pad and out the other side, it stays where you put it and remains concentrated so that when you swipe it over the eyelids, it removes all makeup ( incl. heavy mascara) very quickly without having to scrub. This usually only happens when there is an oily component in an eyemakeup remover ( trade off... red, watery eyes!) but this Avene one is definitely NOT oily in the least and does NOT leave you with blurred vision like some can either.
I don't know if it is because it is so gentle and no rubbing is needed, but my eyelashes definitely seem to be benfitting from this formula. Fragrance free, it really works and I will be continuing to buy this even if I get bored with the rest of the range!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2004 10:24:00 AM More reviews by dolphy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well, it smells like pen ink. Aside from that (hence the 4 lippies instead of 5), this is an extremely gentle eye makeup remover. I have very sensitive eyes and have had no problems with this at all. Most importantly, eye makeup comes off immediately with a simple swipe. I highly recommend this product as long as pen ink doesn't bother you.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2004 11:35:00 AM More reviews by shinhuey

This is a clear gel contains 93% of Avene thermal spring water, which is famous for its soothing effect. Claims to remove waterproof products too, although I haven't tried that. Using this gel to remove my eye makeup is heavenly! Color comes off easily without me rubbing, as I used to do with other cleansers. No irritation to my senstitive eyes whatsoever. It leaves my eyes clean, moist and soothed. What can you ask for more from a eye makeup remover? This could be the best of all.