October 20, 2014 | 1651 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Beige Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2008 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Katie5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this product. I apply it over my blush and on my temples to highlight. I love that it's not pigmented - my sister has the rose one and that has a bit more colour, but for me the beige is perfect. I've given it four lippies because I find that if I have any milia on my cheekbones it does tend to draw attention to them, but otherwise it is the perfect way to add some light without looking glittery.

P.S. It always looks better on me when I apply it with my BB face blender brush - I started out using a cheap d/s one and I really noticed the difference when I made the change!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2008 1:42:00 PM More reviews by arubin

Wow. I love this thing! It's a perfect little pick me up for your normal everyday look. I'm now adding this as eyeshadow on top of my Benefit creaseless eyeshadow and on my cheeks. It's not super-shimmery, but it's just enough to make you look gorgeous on a normal day.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2008 9:11:00 PM More reviews by sfpink

I love this product! I use it lightly, but I brush it all over my face. You can use it as a highlighter, eyeshadow, blush, pretty much everything. I actually used to use this over my Bare Escentual's Mineral Veil, because that thing would leave my face looking very pale and powdery. With this, it gave me more color, and the shine gives the illusion that your skin is absolutely smooth and flawless. It also gives that glow. But don't use too much, because it will make you very shiny!

I've also used the pink shimmer brick before this one came out. I have yellow undertones, so I like these colors better. But the pink one was nice for the summer, because it made me look tan. In fact, I've had at least a couple of people mistake it for a real tan. So I still use that one when I feel like my face needs a little color. I will definitely continue to buy both of these shimmer bricks!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2008 11:54:00 PM More reviews by ens13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE IT! You can use it to highlight your brow bones, put it in the inner corner of your eyes, to highlight near eyeliner and to add general shimmer on your cheeks.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2008 11:44:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I was disappointed in this product as it didn't seem to be very pigmented. Applied with a large brush, this left me shiny but didn't leave any color on my cheeks. Being pale (NC15-20) any product usually shows up on my skin even the palest blushes. The quality is excellent though, and so I used the individual shimmer stripes as eyeshadows. This actually worked very well and the colors showed up more. I wouldn't buy any more of the Shimmerbricks, I find that they are too overpriced for a shimmery powder. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2007 10:36:00 PM More reviews by sarajane927

For reference: very light PPP (lightest foundation shade, cool, pink undertones with redness on the cheeks and nose), blonde hair, hazel eyes.

I've owned the Brownie, Beige, Apricot, Rose and Pink shimmerbricks, and this is my fourth favorite.

As a pure highlighter, this is very nice. I find that it adds a nice sheer layer of finely milled shimmer, so it will work nicely over your favorite blush. However, it is NOT pigmented enough to wear on its own (like the Brownie shimmerbrick), or even add an extra punch of color to your favorite blush (like the Rose or Apricot shimmerbricks).

Compared with other sheer highlighters I've tried, I would rank this over MAC's Pearl Blossom beauty powder (too frosty), and NARS Albatross (too chalky and white).

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2007 12:25:00 AM More reviews by LeisyB

Great natural highlighter, I use this at the top of my cheek bones and as eye shadows. Looks really nice when applied as eyeliner with a small smudge brush on the inside corners of eye. The beige colours go with anything, I intensify with deeper shadows for a more smokey look. I've had mine since 2005 and have almost used it up will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2007 12:03:00 PM More reviews by ncdecolover

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product makes a lovely highlighter for my PPP skin ... I dust it along the top of my cheekbones, along the edge of my jawline, and down the bridge of my nose. That said, I've not found that the darker "brick" shades work particularly well as an eyeshadow as they just don't seem to have enough pigment for that purpose.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2007 10:52:00 PM More reviews by ChameliAsh

Finding the right color for you skin is really important for shimmer bricks. I tried on the other shades, and beige really blends into my skin (NC30) whereas the others looked as though they were just sitting on top of it. I only use this at night, and even then I use it sparingly. It really does make you glow as if you're in candlelight. Looks great alone or on top of a matte blush, like MAC Prism or BB Rose. EDIT: I like Smashbox Soft Lights much better and I won't repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2007 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Amertine

Love, love this!! I bought the BB Beige Shimmer Brick Compact 3 years ago and it was my first highlighter. It gives such a nice glow to the skin and it's also beautiful used as e/s.
I'm an NC15 - NC20 and the Beige shade is perfect for my skintone.
I agree with what Queenofdisaster wrote about the MAC MSF, they contain a lot more heavier shimmers than the Shimmer Bricks: that's why I prefer BB products for daytime and use my Msf with a very light hand for the night. Would I buy this product again? You bet!!