Bobbi Brown Beige Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

4.3

on 6/26/2008 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is my first highlighter. I think I got the best one in first place. I like it is not pigment. I can use it really like highlighter. I put on my forehead, my cheek, or light handed all over my face to give a fresh polish looking for night out. Love it!

on 5/28/2008 4:40:00 PM

I will buy it again but I doubt I'll need to any time soon. This stuff lasts forever! I really like the shimmer brick b/c it can really be used as anything. Blush, eye shadow, highlighter, you name it. I like the beige b/c it isn't pigmented. I tend to prefer a more natural look to my make up which is why I think this one is great.

on 5/24/2008 12:38:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I went to the Bobbi Brown counter yesterday and wanted to try the shimmerbrick after reading all the reviews on here. :) I'm not a big fan of shimmer so I was a hesitant at first. I got the beige shimmerbrick. I actually like it-I'm only planning on wearing it at night or for special occasions though. I asked the MA about which brush-either the bronzer or the face blender. She used the bronzer brush and lightly tapped it over the shimmerbrick. She explained to me this gives a natural glow and controlls the coverage at the same time. The MA then lightly tapped it over my face. The results were amazing! I bought the bronzer brush too however I ended up afterwards going to my local drugstore and buying a new line of brushes called Posh. They are great quality and would recommend them. I bought a travel size brush like the one I just bought from Bobbi Brown. I plan on using that for my regular Bobbi Brown bronzer (light) and using the regular one for the shimmerbrick only because I don't want shimmer every day.

on 3/29/2008 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really like this product. I apply it over my blush and on my temples to highlight. I love that it's not pigmented - my sister has the rose one and that has a bit more colour, but for me the beige is perfect. I've given it four lippies because I find that if I have any milia on my cheekbones it does tend to draw attention to them, but otherwise it is the perfect way to add some light without looking glittery.

P.S. It always looks better on me when I apply it with my BB face blender brush - I started out using a cheap d/s one and I really noticed the difference when I made the change!

on 3/27/2008 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Wow. I love this thing! It's a perfect little pick me up for your normal everyday look. I'm now adding this as eyeshadow on top of my Benefit creaseless eyeshadow and on my cheeks. It's not super-shimmery, but it's just enough to make you look gorgeous on a normal day.

on 3/13/2008 9:11:00 PM

I love this product! I use it lightly, but I brush it all over my face. You can use it as a highlighter, eyeshadow, blush, pretty much everything. I actually used to use this over my Bare Escentual's Mineral Veil, because that thing would leave my face looking very pale and powdery. With this, it gave me more color, and the shine gives the illusion that your skin is absolutely smooth and flawless. It also gives that glow. But don't use too much, because it will make you very shiny!

I've also used the pink shimmer brick before this one came out. I have yellow undertones, so I like these colors better. But the pink one was nice for the summer, because it made me look tan. In fact, I've had at least a couple of people mistake it for a real tan. So I still use that one when I feel like my face needs a little color. I will definitely continue to buy both of these shimmer bricks!

on 2/26/2008 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE IT! You can use it to highlight your brow bones, put it in the inner corner of your eyes, to highlight near eyeliner and to add general shimmer on your cheeks.

on 1/9/2008 11:44:00 AM

I was disappointed in this product as it didn't seem to be very pigmented. Applied with a large brush, this left me shiny but didn't leave any color on my cheeks. Being pale (NC15-20) any product usually shows up on my skin even the palest blushes. The quality is excellent though, and so I used the individual shimmer stripes as eyeshadows. This actually worked very well and the colors showed up more. I wouldn't buy any more of the Shimmerbricks, I find that they are too overpriced for a shimmery powder. continued >>

on 12/1/2007 10:36:00 PM

For reference: very light PPP (lightest foundation shade, cool, pink undertones with redness on the cheeks and nose), blonde hair, hazel eyes.

I've owned the Brownie, Beige, Apricot, Rose and Pink shimmerbricks, and this is my fourth favorite.

As a pure highlighter, this is very nice. I find that it adds a nice sheer layer of finely milled shimmer, so it will work nicely over your favorite blush. However, it is NOT pigmented enough to wear on its own (like the Brownie shimmerbrick), or even add an extra punch of color to your favorite blush (like the Rose or Apricot shimmerbricks).

Compared with other sheer highlighters I've tried, I would rank this over MAC's Pearl Blossom beauty powder (too frosty), and NARS Albatross (too chalky and white).

on 11/23/2007 12:25:00 AM

Great natural highlighter, I use this at the top of my cheek bones and as eye shadows. Looks really nice when applied as eyeliner with a small smudge brush on the inside corners of eye. The beige colours go with anything, I intensify with deeper shadows for a more smokey look. I've had mine since 2005 and have almost used it up will definitely repurchase.