Bobbi Brown Beige Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

4.3

Beautiful, fine powder that's not at all glittery or tacky. Imparts a very sheer, pale gold sheen - use over a blush. Natural and stunning.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love this product. I use it as highlighter, and in a pinch, as eyeshadow. I kept it in my makeup bag and used it every day and was happy as a clam with the texture, the fact that it is noticeable but not *too* shimmery, and the fact that it lasts a long time. Then one day, the closure/snap mechanism broke, which makes me :< . I guess I will be an old lady and use a rubber band to keep it closed in my makeup bag, but I'm disgruntled about it. As much as it cost, the clasp thing should NOT just randomly break.

on 6/26/2008 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is my first highlighter. I think I got the best one in first place. I like it is not pigment. I can use it really like highlighter. I put on my forehead, my cheek, or light handed all over my face to give a fresh polish looking for night out. Love it!

on 5/28/2008 4:40:00 PM

I will buy it again but I doubt I'll need to any time soon. This stuff lasts forever! I really like the shimmer brick b/c it can really be used as anything. Blush, eye shadow, highlighter, you name it. I like the beige b/c it isn't pigmented. I tend to prefer a more natural look to my make up which is why I think this one is great.

on 5/24/2008 12:38:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I went to the Bobbi Brown counter yesterday and wanted to try the shimmerbrick after reading all the reviews on here. :) I'm not a big fan of shimmer so I was a hesitant at first. I got the beige shimmerbrick. I actually like it-I'm only planning on wearing it at night or for special occasions though. I asked the MA about which brush-either the bronzer or the face blender. She used the bronzer brush and lightly tapped it over the shimmerbrick. She explained to me this gives a natural glow and controlls the coverage at the same time. The MA then lightly tapped it over my face. The results were amazing! I bought the bronzer brush too however I ended up afterwards going to my local drugstore and buying a new line of brushes called Posh. They are great quality and would recommend them. I bought a travel size brush like the one I just bought from Bobbi Brown. I plan on using that for my regular Bobbi Brown bronzer (light) and using the regular one for the shimmerbrick only because I don't want shimmer every day.

on 3/29/2008 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really like this product. I apply it over my blush and on my temples to highlight. I love that it's not pigmented - my sister has the rose one and that has a bit more colour, but for me the beige is perfect. I've given it four lippies because I find that if I have any milia on my cheekbones it does tend to draw attention to them, but otherwise it is the perfect way to add some light without looking glittery.

P.S. It always looks better on me when I apply it with my BB face blender brush - I started out using a cheap d/s one and I really noticed the difference when I made the change!

on 3/27/2008 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Wow. I love this thing! It's a perfect little pick me up for your normal everyday look. I'm now adding this as eyeshadow on top of my Benefit creaseless eyeshadow and on my cheeks. It's not super-shimmery, but it's just enough to make you look gorgeous on a normal day.

on 3/13/2008 9:11:00 PM

I love this product! I use it lightly, but I brush it all over my face. You can use it as a highlighter, eyeshadow, blush, pretty much everything. I actually used to use this over my Bare Escentual's Mineral Veil, because that thing would leave my face looking very pale and powdery. With this, it gave me more color, and the shine gives the illusion that your skin is absolutely smooth and flawless. It also gives that glow. But don't use too much, because it will make you very shiny!

I've also used the pink shimmer brick before this one came out. I have yellow undertones, so I like these colors better. But the pink one was nice for the summer, because it made me look tan. In fact, I've had at least a couple of people mistake it for a real tan. So I still use that one when I feel like my face needs a little color. I will definitely continue to buy both of these shimmer bricks!

on 2/26/2008 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE IT! You can use it to highlight your brow bones, put it in the inner corner of your eyes, to highlight near eyeliner and to add general shimmer on your cheeks.

on 1/9/2008 11:44:00 AM

I was disappointed in this product as it didn't seem to be very pigmented. Applied with a large brush, this left me shiny but didn't leave any color on my cheeks. Being pale (NC15-20) any product usually shows up on my skin even the palest blushes. The quality is excellent though, and so I used the individual shimmer stripes as eyeshadows. This actually worked very well and the colors showed up more. I wouldn't buy any more of the Shimmerbricks, I find that they are too overpriced for a shimmery powder. continued >>