NARS Gilda

4.4

on 5/14/2011 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Gilda is a perfect everyday color. For my darker (nc 50/ nw 45) skin, this blush gives a nice bit of soft coral-pinkish color without looking stark or overdone. This is the type of blush that is perfect for a job interview, the work environment, church or any other place you want a polished but understated look. Will definitely buy again.

on 4/27/2011 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I was looking for face makeup when the makeup artist at the Nars counter stopped me and told me that his current favorite blush would look amazing on me. Who am I to deny him? He blushed me up, and while it's not something I would have picked out for myself, I loved it. It looks quite peachy-orange in the package, but when applied to my fair, olive skin it gave me a sheer, youthful flush. I purchased it and it immediately replaced the Laguna/Orgasm multiple in my regimen.

on 1/30/2011 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This is a blush that will get you dates. Need I say more?

on 1/13/2011 2:52:00 PM

This is beautiful on my NC30 skin. It's a soft peachy shade and it flatters me so much! I always say this is one of the 3 NARS blushes I love most (others are Amour and Orgasm) and I can use this with medium greyish smoky eyes or pink lips or a colorful eye makeup - it's very subtle if used in moderation. I know the blush is very pigmented but I use the MAC 129 brush and I only touch the blush lightly with it and it's enough. Gilda will last me forever, but I would definitely buy another one if something happened to it!

on 1/6/2011 7:45:00 PM

Iíve been using Gilda for a couple of weeks now in my effort to start actually using ALL my numerous NARS blushes. Gilda is similar to Gina, but brighter Ė itís a pretty basic matte peachy coral. On my NC40 cheeks, it can look a bit stark if Iím too heavy-handed with it. But with a light touch or stippling brush Ė itís the perfect tropical-like glow. You would think that it would look natural on warm skin, but I think it actually looks a little artificially bright and clashy.
Nonetheless, itís a great product in terms of consistency and staying power. I think it would look awesome on fair-skinned ladies.
I wouldnít repurchase this one.

on 12/27/2010 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this Nars Blush.
It was my 2nd Nars Blush after Deep Throat,
and I think I prefer this one over it.
I am NC20, and this blush really compliments my skin.
You also don't need much, because it is very pigmented and easy to apply due to its finish.

It gives you a natural glow in a corallike sense.

on 12/2/2010 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was my first ever coral colored blush. All of my other ones have been pink. I love love this blush! It is a perfect shade for me. I like it better than the Orgasm as well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Gilda is such a beautiful color. I hesitated purchasing it for a while since I already have amour and torrid. I totally agree with other reviewers when they describe gilda as a matte version of torrid. Compared to amour, gilda is a brighter, yet still very flattering color on my nc40 skin tone. I'm still going to keep amour, but I don't reach for it as much now that I have gilda. Amour is more peach pink, while gilda is more pink-coral, and actually looks like a color I would naturally flush. It perks up my complexion and makes me look and feel happy when I wear it :)

on 10/19/2010 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Great blush...looks great on darker skin.
It's like a corally pinky color which is what I tend to look for in blush. It is way pigmented...so I usually tap my brush lightly and still get like a huge amount of color.
This blush last a long time and pigmentation stays consistency throughout the day which is good considering the fact that I have oily skin.

on 10/11/2010 12:08:00 AM

I don't know why this blush doesn't work for me, but it doesn't. The color is too vivid on me - odd, because its coral shade would normally be perfect for me - and unlike most NARS blushes, it doesn't blend so well. It's okay, just nothing I reach for much. NC27.

Top Rated NARS Products