April 16, 2014 | 1916 users online

Blush - NARS - Gilda

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2011 7:45:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Iíve been using Gilda for a couple of weeks now in my effort to start actually using ALL my numerous NARS blushes. Gilda is similar to Gina, but brighter Ė itís a pretty basic matte peachy coral. On my NC40 cheeks, it can look a bit stark if Iím too heavy-handed with it. But with a light touch or stippling brush Ė itís the perfect tropical-like glow. You would think that it would look natural on warm skin, but I think it actually looks a little artificially bright and clashy.
Nonetheless, itís a great product in terms of consistency and staying power. I think it would look awesome on fair-skinned ladies.
I wouldnít repurchase this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by agenth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this Nars Blush.
It was my 2nd Nars Blush after Deep Throat,
and I think I prefer this one over it.
I am NC20, and this blush really compliments my skin.
You also don't need much, because it is very pigmented and easy to apply due to its finish.

It gives you a natural glow in a corallike sense.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by emmgill

This was my first ever coral colored blush. All of my other ones have been pink. I love love this blush! It is a perfect shade for me. I like it better than the Orgasm as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by loveableqtpie212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Gilda is such a beautiful color. I hesitated purchasing it for a while since I already have amour and torrid. I totally agree with other reviewers when they describe gilda as a matte version of torrid. Compared to amour, gilda is a brighter, yet still very flattering color on my nc40 skin tone. I'm still going to keep amour, but I don't reach for it as much now that I have gilda. Amour is more peach pink, while gilda is more pink-coral, and actually looks like a color I would naturally flush. It perks up my complexion and makes me look and feel happy when I wear it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2010 7:36:00 AM More reviews by grayeyes043

Great blush...looks great on darker skin.
It's like a corally pinky color which is what I tend to look for in blush. It is way pigmented...so I usually tap my brush lightly and still get like a huge amount of color.
This blush last a long time and pigmentation stays consistency throughout the day which is good considering the fact that I have oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2010 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Ilse333

I don't know why this blush doesn't work for me, but it doesn't. The color is too vivid on me - odd, because its coral shade would normally be perfect for me - and unlike most NARS blushes, it doesn't blend so well. It's okay, just nothing I reach for much. NC27.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2010 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Ari08

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For reference i'm nc30/35 and this blush is awesome on my coloring. I wanted a peach color that did not show up ruddy on my skintone. I initially purchased gina which looked like a basic bronzer applied to my cheeks; it really was not flattering on me. So i exhanged it for gilda which is a much better fit for me. It gives me a peachy, healthy glow that I love!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Narsaddict82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently bought Gilda at Nordstroms because Sephora doesn't carry it, fyi for those interested in buying it. I think Gilda is a really pretty color, similar to Gina but with more pinkish tones to it. Its matte and just like all Nars products, it goes on smoothly. This is definitely one of my top 5 favorite blushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by nonliquet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Gilda holds HG status for meóperfect matte, pinky-apricot shade for my olive-tan skin tone. Iíve worn it almost every single day for almost a year and thereís barely a dent in it! For reference, Iím MAC NC37-42, LM t/m in Almond, LM mmu in Pure Honey, and Hard Candy t/m in Tan.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by joycechau

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a gorgeous colour - orangey pink colour. It looks so good on my yellow skin. Gina is a bit too orange on me but this is just the right shade. if you want a natural look, this would be the one! I think this shade suits anybody, so it's a safe shade. Top three of my favourite blush :)