September 1, 2014 | 1146 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Vixen

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2010 7:42:00 AM More reviews by kdigggs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm on my second bottle of this polish. That has never happened to me w/ nail polish before, so I suppose that says something, right?

I'm not in LOVE with the formula--it's a little thin, but it'll do, I think. I find OPI to be a little thin as well, and this is cheaper. I have to apply three coats to get a nice opaque finish. Oh, but when I do, I adore the way it looks. Dark enough to be glamorous and a little edgy, but not black and goth-like. Definitely works on my fair skin tone, and would really work for most people, I think.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2010 3:03:00 PM More reviews by channelfloral

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this! Revlon nail polishes are one of my favourites, and this colour is seriously impressive. Even after one layer the colour is so so intense.

Go get this! LC x

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2010 4:34:00 PM More reviews by MiamiPink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Don't get me wrong, I definitely use OPI.. Essie...Chanel, but people, we have to give Revlon nailpolishes some props and Vixen shade is an excellent example for this worthy praise! If you like Lincoln Park After Dark, you will like Vixen. It's a very dark vampy red/burgandy. Think of it as Lincoln Park After Dark, but instead of the plum undertone seemingly turning into black, think of it as a red undertone seemingly turning into black. I do have to apply 2 to 3 coats to get the full effect, but if you can get your mind off that then get the polish! I love dark polishes and I love Vixen. It should definitely be in everybody's nail polish collection!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2010 11:39:00 AM More reviews by jackiedarling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wasn't very impressed by this nail polish. It was very watery and thin. It began to chip after a few days. Definitely not buying this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 8:51:00 AM More reviews by TiffanieJean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I LOVE this deep dark red, and it contrasts pale skin well. It's one of my favorite winter polishes. That's the only reason I'm giving it a 2 out of 5.

Revlon's formula tends to be on the thick/goopy side, but thisa one is actually too watery. It makes the process messy. The biggest drawback is the amount of time it takes to dry, and as the bottle sits on your shelf the problem gets worse.. If you so much as move a finger you will get dents, scratches, textures, dog hair, or whatever else on your nails... Don't try doing anything for a couple hours.. Literally. If you don't let the coats completely dry you will get tons of bubbles all over.

I'm still a sucker for the color, so I keep trying to use it.. I only get frustration from it. Time to find a dupe.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Dreamcrusher86

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nice burgundy color with a creme finish.It gets 2 lippies from me only because this shade and the other color from Revlon Bewitching Bordeaux are almost the same color and in certain lighting they look identical.I have both shades and wish I knew that before I bought both because Vixen will look just like the other color if you apply more coats to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2010 3:16:00 PM More reviews by BlackBirdFly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my very favorite nail polish. It makes me feel so sexy and sophisticated when I wear it. The color is just gorgeous and looks good during any season (but especially the cooler seasons) and any nail length. I have fair skin and I find it hard to wear dark polishes, especially those with red tones but this color looks great on me. I definitely recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2009 10:13:00 PM More reviews by jbarba24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite drug store nail polish color. Its a beautiful, dark burgandy. Perfect for fall!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2009 7:11:00 PM More reviews by CheekyLady19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So sexy! There is one word that I think of when I wear this nail polish: meow! ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2009 5:36:00 AM More reviews by iramasson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love the color but regret not buying Essie's version instead which I heard is exactly the same. The reason is that its the same price in South Africa and I assume that Essie would be a lot glossier based on the performance of their other shades. This polish was a bit thick, took forever to dry, and the end result became dull very quickly. Because it is a cream finish every nick and scratch becomes very obvious and contributes to the dull look. Lately all my Revlon polishes also tend to bubble on me so I am not too happy that I have purchased so many of them recently!